Felt F2C Road Bike

Felt F2C Road Bike

• Color: Gloss Clear over Carbon
  • High modulus carbon fiber modular monocoque with 3K weave.
  • Reynolds Ouzo Comp
  • Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheelset
  • Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick folding tires
  • Shimano Dura-Ace brakes
  • Felt micro adjust carbon seatpost
  • Felt carbon oversized handlebar with Ergonomic drop
  • Felt ST-22 3D-forged stem
  • Felt Race-lite saddle with carbon injected base
  • Shimano Dura-Ace 20-speed shifters and derailleur
  • FSA SL-K Mega EXO 2-pc carbon crankset with external BB and 7075/T6 CNC aluminum chainring

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 14, 2008]
    Steve Bera

Strength:

Smoothes out the bumps, and very light ride. Makes hills easier, and all riding faster. Stable frame with no glitches. I am a 200 lb rider.

I didn't like the brakes either. I just replaced the pads with shimano and that worked for me. Had a hard to find squeek after 7m miles which turned out to be the headset needed lube.

I am very satisfied with this ride. More bike for the buck than riding a trek.

Cannondale alum, trek carbon

[Jan 23, 2008]
    Manny Trevino

Strength:

Dura Ace drive train! Great option for this price. American Classic wheels are very light and fast. Frame finish and color scheme, not bad on the eyes.

I agree w/other comments about the brakes. The calipers had lots of flex. I replaced them w/Dura Ace. Its off-the-shelf Vs.custom. I replaced the saddle (more padding) and bars (wider) to improve comfort.

Great bike! I upgraded from a 15 yr old steel frame. My climbing ability improved instantly. This bike is very quick and responsive. Road vibrations and hand numbness are gone. I shopped for a couple months test riding many carbon bikes. The F2C geometry fit my body and riding style perfect. The compact crank w/gear set-up is perfect for the rides I train on.

Old bike: Simoncini frame w/Campy Chorus group

[Jul 05, 2007]
    Barry Lindler

Strength:

Responsive, light. Very durable.

I have a F2C Team. Great bike from the get go. I had been wanting to build my dream bike for years. This one met my expectations. It had been years since I have ridden seriously. What a rush. Very responsive yet very comfortable as well. I am a heavier rider and this bike can take it when you jam on the pedals.

[May 20, 2007]
    Kenny

Strength:

Great price for a carbon bike with Dura-Ace components

None to date

Fantastic ride. This is my first carbon rig and right away I could see the benefits. Was riding a Felt F50, which was a great bike,however, doesn't compare the smooth ride you get with the carbon frame. Great component set (Dura-Ace)and great value.

Felt F50

[Mar 04, 2007]
    Jerome

Strength:

Great specs for the price. Carbon! Rigid yet comfy. Rode a century on it w/no probs.

Crummy brakes. replaced w/ campy skeletons. Aluminum handle bars w/ carbon wrap. Could get more comfy.

Great ride, my first carbon bike. Soaks up road chatter like a dream. Very fast bike Immediate response when you jam on it. Good handling w/ no twitchiness. (is that a word?)

Steel Orbea w/ Veloce components.

[Sep 03, 2006]
    Bob Peterson

Strength:

Solid, light, extremely responsive. Very good components. No issues with the braking at all compared to other reviews.
    Value is incredible vs a comparably equipped Trek or Specialized.

None found to date.

My first bike was a Felt F50, Mar 2004. A great bike that kept pace with the high-end rides. After 13K miles I wanted a good high-end machine. After shopping for 4 months I bought a 2006 F2C. Wow. At 51 I ride with the hot-shots comfortably. On the "hill race" I found myself with the lead group. When the sprint to the top started I couldn't believe how the bike took off. It literally leaped forward. I was totally shocked. My average pace improved 2mph on all of my routes. When I compete in Tri's I know I have a great bike that will allow me to perform my best.

[Jul 24, 2006]
    vincere

Strength:

Good component mix except for brakes. Strong, compliant frame smooths out the road compared to an aluminum frame.

Brakes were awful but for the price I paid there had to be some compromises. 2006 models come with Dura Ace.

I purchased this bike on the recommendation of my LBS to replace a Giant OCR. This bike is light, fast, and compliant on the road. My only real complaint was the OEM brakes. I replaced them with Dura Ace and was much happier with the braking. Tremendous value for the price. Compares favorably to bikes costing a lot more. I've also recently replaced the Velomax Vista wheelset with Rol wheels which are a lot stiffer and more aero.

[Jul 13, 2006]
    Benihana

Strength:

Great ride, carbon dampens out road vibration, great price!

Vittoria tires were extremely thin and prone to punctures. OEM Tecktro brakes couldn't stop anything and were loud. I upgraded to Dura Ace calipers, and an Easton EC70 carbon seatpost now the bike is complete.

My first bike was a Felt F50R which I loved so when I saw the LBC closing out the 2005 F2C model I had to jump on it. So far I have about 1600 miles on it and have loved it. Great ride, stiff frame, and a great component setup. Felt has fixed the only gripe I had with this bike for the 2006 model. They have upgrade to Dura Ace brake calipers and a beefier wheelset. I have the American Classics wheelset and get some squeeky spokes when out of the saddle. Overall a great race bike for the price. I have friends who spent much more for the same component packages.

[Jul 02, 2006]
    rsiddoway

Strength:

Light, Stiff, looks cool, full carbon, great component set.

None.

What an awesome bike. I have loved this thing from day one. It weighs about 16 lbs. It is stiff and light. I live in Steamboat where Moots is the "In thing". I have enjoyed having a different and what I think is a superior bike. The components are top notch. I was able to race this bike right out of the box.

Trek, Specialized.

[May 11, 2006]
    Steve B

Strength:

This bike is so light. It really smooths out the bumps, and the dura-ace is flawless. Worth the money and a bargain at 05 prices.

None. I have American Classic rims which I am told are not that strong. But, I weigh 200 lbs and no problems in 4,000 miles.

My bike shop recommended this ride, and I got the last one sold for 05. I am very happy with it, having logged about 4,000 miles over various riding conditions. It has the fsa compact crank and durace components.

Aluminum Cannondale