Felt F65 Road Bike

F65

• Color: Brushed Alloy Silver
  • Felt 7005 Superlite custom double-butted aluminum frame with carbon fiber wishbone seat stays
  • Internally relieved integrated head tube, machined bottom bracket, forged dropouts with replaceable hanger and internal brake cable routing
  • Felt carbon fiber fork
  • Shimano 550 wheelset
  • Vittoria Action HSD folding tires
  • Felt carbon micro-adjust seatpost
  • Felt 6061 oversized handlebar with ergonomic drop
  • Felt ST 3D-forged stem
  • Felt Race-lite saddle with carbon injected base
  • Shimano Ultegra 20-speed shifters and derailleur
  • FSA OMEGA, 2-piece carbon compact crankset with external BB and 7075/T6 CNC alloy 50/34T machined chainrings

• User Reviews (18)

Ryo Y   [Dec 22, 2014]
    Strength:

solid frame, and smooth shifting. corked handle wraps are a nice touch and the seats are pretty comfortable for a road bike.

cheaper set of disc brakes are used for this bike, will need to thoroughly adjust and tune for the first 50-100 miles.

I went from brake pads to disc brakes. required some adjustments as the disc brakes are a lot more sensitive. look for deals, i was able to get my bike for around 1,100 dollars at a major sporting good store.

Scott   [Sep 10, 2012]
    Strength:

Ultegra components, excellent frame, FSA cranks

Stock pedals

I bought this bike new in 2004 and have ridden it thousands of miles since. The only real complaint is the stock pedals looked like they took Shimano cleats but the Shimano cleats that worked with all my other pedals didn't work with these. So had to replace the pedals right away.

After 8 years and no telling how many thousands of miles the rear hub on the A220 wheels gave out. Up tell then I had never had any problem out of them and they had never needed to be trued. So while the A220s are not top of the line I can't complain about them.

Aside from the parts that normally wear and need replacing, bar tape, chain, cassette, cables, and now the wheels, everything is still original and working.

For the price I don't think you could find a better bike.

Peter White   Road Racer [Sep 08, 2012]
    Strength:

Ultegra drivetrain,Mavic ksyrium wheels & weight!

Yellow handlebar tape

This is my first time spending a substantial amount of cash on a bike and it's been worth it! Only changed the tyres to Continental Grand Prix 4 Season as I have used these before. I have cycled the Etape du Tour, Etape Caledonia, a couple of Vueltas in Ibiza and from Mizen to Malin Head (length of Ireland) on it and it's never let me down. Pound for pound its a superb bike for the price.

Nathan   Triathlete [Oct 12, 2009]
    Strength:

Weight
    Components - Ultegra set up
    Frame
    Good lookin bike

Seat is just painful - it really does suck
    Getting the bike set up, adjusting the seat and stem have helped me
    Shimano rims are not the greatest

This has been a wonderful bike for a beginner like myself. It has wonderful components, rigid frame, amazing stability and overall a great bike. It takes a little while to get used to the agressive set up, but once you dial it in, this bike rocks!

Similar Products Used: Specialized Allez, Scattante R660
    Jack Galusha   Recreational Rider [Sep 01, 2009]
    Strength:

light, smooth, quick, sits low, very comfortable. Ultegra set up. Quite. I do like the stock brakes.

A-class ALX 220 wheels were junk, didn't last but 2,000 miles. Worst wheels I have ever seen.

Very good bike for the money. I looked at a lot of bikes and the Felt 65 was easily the best value. Good Ultegra package. Nice geometry- sits low, long top tube which great for a 6'3 rider like me. Excellent handling, quick.

Pat   Recreational Rider [Apr 22, 2008]
    Strength:

Strong
    Light for aluminium
    Handles well

Stock wheels, factory saddle.

Excellent bike. Would not trade it for anything else at the moment, only looking forward to upgrading to another Felt in Carbon.

jason_abernathy   Commuter [Feb 26, 2008]
    Strength:

The components have stood up to my 1000+ commuter miles and California HWY1. Rain, dust, grime all in stride. Now they are being punished by the german and dutch country side. Holding up well, reasonable to upgrade and repurchase stock parts do to wear (fork, or cassets.) AWESOME!

The brakes and the wheels. The wheels are stiff enough for a big rider, but the rear has developed a wobble, hope it pulls out

Great Bike!
    This was my first jump onto a road bike. I'm a 200lb rider and have punished this bike with 3/4 of my riding being a 30 mile round-trip commute. The chain rings and casset have held up great, the brakes did start to loosen up and not recenter however. Having never been a rider prior to this I wasn't sure if the wheels would hold up, but only recently have they fallen out of true. Hopefully they should be able to get pulled back into alignment at the bike shop. At just under 19 lbs, this bike keeps up with Carbon bikes $500 more expensive. I like the fact that the components are all mid to high level. My buddies full carbon rides all have 105's and they paid on average $500 more than me. Also great to buy a bike from Performance as I bought into their membership, waited one week for the points from my bike purchase to hit, and went back and got a set of pedels (LOOK) and road shoes essentially for free! Making the kitted out bike totally cost $1699

Similar Products Used: N/A
    utahn   Recreational Rider [Dec 08, 2007]
    Strength:

It has nice components and handles good.

Geometery is to racy for me. The rear hub clicks sometimes.

The bike has been very reliable, and I have not had to upgrade anything on it. The Geometery is a little bit to racey for me, causes some neck pain. Overall it is the only road bike I have owned and expect to get many years out of it.

Similar Products Used: None
    A. Edgar   Recreational Rider [Aug 10, 2007]
    Strength:

- Great value for the money.
    - Frame
    - Drive train
    - Comfortable
    - Fast

- Brake pads
    - Seat (this can be personal)

After over 2000 km (1300 miles) and having recently completed my first (classic) century on my 56cm 2006 Felt F65 I can state my complete satisfaction with this bike. It rocks! I am 5’-10”, 170lbs and got hooked into road riding with a hybrid. The F65 is my first road bike and prior to buying it I was considering some of the “plush” models offered by other manufacturers. But, when faced with the excellent value for the money of the F65 I could not let it pass. I was somewhat apprehensive before my first ride thinking that the bike might be too chattery because of its aluminum frame, that the 11-23 teeth 10-speed cassette might not be broad enough for some of the hills I climb, and that the racing geometry would wreak havoc with my lower back. All my worries were put to rest. The bike is comfortable, absorbing vibrations from rough roads, which I attribute this not only to the carbon fork and carbon seat stays but also to the frame design and wheels. The compact crank in combination with the cassette provides enough gear options for any type of hill.

The bike is fast. I notice this while coasting beside other riders with more expensive bikes on descents. In most cases I have to feather the brakes to prevent passing them. When you pick up speed (40+ mph or 64+ km/hr) on descents you feel secure. The bike is stable and feels secure; in one word, it descends with aplomb.

After riding in the best of roads and the worst of roads, the wheels have performed reliably. Some riders might consider them heavy but they are comfortable and have remained perfectly true. The tires are bulletproof with no flats so far. The brakes, though generic have responded well. I might upgrade to better pads in the future. The seat might not be the best but I find it comfortable enough for a 6-hour century.

couleeman   Road Racer [Jul 13, 2007]
    Strength:

Very light
    Smooth ride
    Ultegra drivetrain
    Stock Vittorias have been bulletproof
    Inspires confidence at speed
    Handles descents like a locomotive
    Trick brushed alum clearcoat / carbon

R550 Wheels are holding up but Im not 100% confident in them
    Stock saddle is pure evil

Back in the saddle after a far too long break from cycling. My last ride was a columbus framed Mississippi Schwinn from the mid 80s.
    Originally wanting to spend a grand, I shopped extensively including Giant, Bianchi, Specialized, Masi, Trek and many many more. I then narrowed it down to the 06 Felt F75. Just for kicks, I searched out the F65 and managed to find one left in a 54cm. This bike just screamed, "BUY ME!!!" and one very smooth test ride later, my search was over.

Im just over 200# and have plenty of power. The frame is very stiff at the BB while the ride still has a quite smooth, forgiving quality. While they have been problem free, the Shimano wheels are the only significant compromise so Ive just picked up some Velocity Uriels. The stock tektros functioned alright but campy's single/dual skeletons modulate better. Otherwise the Felt bars and seatpost are very functional and finished well. I see no reason to replace them.

From what I can tell, this is the sweet spot in the roadie market. Im suppose there is something better for more money, but Im not interested as Im completely satisfied with this bike. Now that its dialed in for me, I plan to enjoy it for as many miles as I can put on it.