Felt Z4 Road Bike

• Shimano Ultegra Super SLR dual pivot brakes
  • Felt VS 6061 Butted Aluminum handlebar

[Nov 26, 2013]
tystevens

Strength:

Smooth, smooth, smooth! Very comfortable bike, yet faster than my old "race" geometry bike. Components and parts seem great for the price. Solid wheels under my Clyde body.

None noted yet

2013 Z4. Picked up a year end closeout on a screaming deal, and couldn't be happier about the bike. Looks great, rides even better.

[Sep 19, 2013]
HDennewith

Strength:

Smooth ride and shifting, Comfortable design, Looks awesome!

None that I have found yet

Lightweight and fast! Comfortable design that let me ride for miles and miles. I noticed a huge increase in my hill climbing capabilities and flat land pace. Awesome all around road bike!

My previous bike was a Trek series

[Aug 08, 2012]
Robert

Strength:

I love the geometry - I actually will ride more often in the drops when I want now. It is fast and responsive - and with full ultegra components shifting and braking are incredibly smooth and reliable.... It looks pretty good too ( I have the 2011). As the previous reviewer noted, I find it climbs fast as well - leaving young guys on more expensive bikes behind! I have done my fair share of rides in the 120k range this year, and really, the geometry is amazing for the longer rides, and even when you get up the next morning to go again. I find it is great for a 50k sprint as well. acceleration is outstanding, and cornering is solid. It is all stock, with the addition of matching ultegra pedals.

Really none that I have noted after about 2500k.

After a week or two of riding, I tweaked the seat height and moved it back. I also adjusted the handle bar angle - and have found a real sweet spot. It wants to fly and to date has not disappointed.
The finish is good, with consistency throughout. Quality is solid. Just did a 100k with the 25 other riders - mostly Pinarello, Trek 5 series and high end Cervelo and Specialized - I was the only Felt in the group....and to be honest, the price point for full carbon, full ultegra Felt Z4 was much less than many others I rode with - yet I stayed near the front all day, including climbs... and I am NOT the youngest. I highly recommend the Z geometry for those wanted a fast, stable road bike, fast, and also just a little more relaxed from a full F series. I also do NOT regret going for full Ultegra - what a difference.

Giant, Trek, Gary Fisher

[Jul 14, 2012]
jasonandrew76

Strength:

All around performance machine
Good value
LOOKS AWESOME

ZERO!!!!!

I was one of the first 2012 z4 owners. I got the bike last sept/oct and have put over 3000 miles on her. I am 6'4 220 pounds and this bike is AWESOME for a Clyde. The bike does have the "relaxed" Z geometry, but dont let that fool you folks who like to get racy on your group rides. This frame has seen many a professional tour including the TDF. It also climbs like a billy goat. I did The Assault on Mt Mitchell and its 11000 ft of climbing back in May and this bike helped make that a great experience. Pack riding, sprinting, climbing, descending.....it's all good on this bike. I also get tons of compliments on the look of this bike. There are so many little details you just have to see in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

Cervelo dual

[Mar 12, 2012]
severian

Strength:

stiffness
smooth ride, better than steel (hard to believe , eh?)
relaxed geometry
price is not bad for the Ultegra drivetrain

ABSOLUTELY NONE. I can complain about the cheap breaks and the seat but who cares. The frame and drive train are magnificent.

I purchased the Z4 2012. For one year I shopped for a smooth ride bike for my now 55 year old body. I had a quality steel bike that was super smooth but the normal race geometry. The Z4 has proven to be smoother and more efficient than the steel frame. This bike sprints like a monster. I needed no adjustments on the fitting of the bike. The bike is already outfitted with an Ultegra drive train so no upgrade is needed. The brakes are the cheap and heavy Shimano 105's but that will soon be replaced. If ur over the 50 year old range I highly recommended this frame. The Z series was made for long rides and comfort is at a maximum degree. This is not a race geometry. U will be more upright. Be advised. At my age , upright is alright with me. Thanks Felt for offering this series. Many bike companies are abandoning the old racer types like myself for the more aggressive race geometry. Felt has stayed true to all types of riders..

[Nov 30, 2011]
BikeNovice

Strength:

Stiff, fast, light.

None that I've found.

Just bought this bike on a year-end closeout deal. Love it. Like the reviewer before me, I fitted mine with Ksyrium Elites. This bike is super stiff, responsive, and fast. The only caveat is I'm going to have to get used to rough descents as its stiffness transfers more energy to my arms than my old bike ('07 Giant OCR C3). My frame size must be smaller than the other reviewer's as mine weighs 16.49lbs with pedals and water cages.

Other bikes I tried were Specialized's '12 Rubaix and '12 Tarmac, several '11 and '12 Trek Madones, and '11 Giant TCR Advanced

[Sep 26, 2011]
Paul

Strength:

Fast Light 16.61 lbs with pedals, stable

wow dast and a pleasure to ride, I did put my Kysrium Elites on it but other than that it is stock, touch the pedal and she go's, I tryed the Specialized Rubiax, Cannondale Synapse and no comparison, this bike when it was fitted took all of 10 minutes just a few adjustments as it just FELT Great, rode this past weekend and it the faster group than usual and every time I looked down I was doing +24 mph in comfort and VERY Stable, I just cant say enough about it