Felt Z6 Road Bike

• Shimano 10-Speed chain
  • 11-28T cassette

[Dec 19, 2012]
Cody Krecicki

Strength:

Light as a feather, smooth gears built I to grips, good stock seat

Gears need some breaking in.

I just bought one this afternoon. Never have I riden in such a hill stricken area but this bike performed very well. It flys when you get going. If you've never had a real road bike the gears take some getting used too.

Motobecane Cafe Late

[Aug 31, 2012]
louis jones

Strength:

unbeleivabal

whats to review

[Aug 27, 2012]
Tom J

Strength:

Frame, Geometry, Comfort

None yet

Purchased this bike last week, 2012 model, so far really impressed. I am 50yrs old and getting back into cycling after a long break. Other bike is an 85 Merckx/Campy. So, this is a big change. Love the Carbon Fiber Frame, very smooth, soft ride, super responsive. Shimano components are ok so far after only 100 miles. The compactness of the frame is taking some gettig used to. The oly low point I can find is the saddle, of course that is a very personal thing as you all know.

The fit and finsh of the bike is grea, paint is great. Awesome looking machine for sure.

So far I am thrilled!!

[Jul 04, 2012]
biker chick guy

Strength:

Smooth, strong, light, stiff, great handling, beautiful paintjob

bad components, heavy wheels, long toptube

I am 12 years old, and have done competitive biking for the last year. I used to have the trek 7.5 fx with carbon fiber front fork. It was a great bike, but I was in a bad need for a road bike. I had studied expensive specialized bikes, cheap trek bikes, and Craigslist used bikes. But one day I walked in this store, and noticed a brand that was new to me. It was called "Felt". After some studying I got the z6 felt bike, and have won several competitions since then. It handles like a beast, I swiftly maneuver through winding paths leaving others in the dust. Hills no longer represent a threat to me, for this bike was made for the tough climbs in the Rocky Mountains. I can have a relaxed position or a more aggressive one, making city rides more fun. The vibrations of the road are absorbed by the flexing frame, and thrown out the window, but the stiffnes still remains. Truely the best bike for the money, whether you are a bike obsessed maniac or a comfort seeking city mouse, this bike fits your needs.

[Mar 17, 2012]
Matthew Curtis

Strength:

Super strong frame. A bike to buy and gradually or in one hit change parts and it'll become a great performer.

Defo the microshift (and mix and match of components) but thats a personal opinion. Parts on the bike rust easily, great attention to getting it dry and keeping clean or you will soon see this bike with OE looking 3yrs old in three months riding in bad weather.

Agree the frame is solid strong, bought this as a winter trainer but I could not get along with the Microshifters after being a shimano rider all my life. I'm 6'1 on a 58cm frame and I find the reach a little long on the top tube to the hoods on the bars. 3months went by and I stripped the whole frame down and replaced with the 6700 ultegra groupset as it was so annoyed with the gearing. The reality is the Felt is running three different manufacturers, MicroShift, Shimano and FSA. Are they ever going to run cleanly as a designated groupset which have been designed to work with each other! They should of done the bike with 1 groupset from 1 manufacturer. The Mavic rims and Felt hubs are heavy but they can take the knocks of todays roads, note the QR rusted really easily. Theses have now been changed now for some RS80 C24's as with the tires for Schwalbe. The seat is nice and comfortable but the outer material is cracking around the edges (very strangely). Nice ajustments on the headset, great range of positions.

[Aug 08, 2011]
Erik Lund

Strength:

Stiff, strong, great feel and fast.

A little clunky on the shifting but upgradable and easily so. Easier to upgrade the shifters and crankset than to buy a new frame!

Originally I bought another brand crossover bike which was a good bike. But after riding this Felt Z6 for about a month or a little more now I am sold on the carbon fiber frame and this bike. I am zooming through the trails like never before, getting stronger with a bike that begs to go faster. I've been riding between 10 and 20 miles a day and this thing is a joy to ride. I agreed at first that it is fussy on the shifting. Getting used to the bike now. The shifting seems to be better, I'm getting used to how it shifts. It is a fast bike. I am so impressed with the speed I am able to keep going up hills! I love this bike!

Bianchi Due

[Aug 03, 2011]
Britt Davis

Strength:

Great smooth ride after breakin. Very flashy in appearence along with great performance. great shifting unit almost silent during gear change. Gear ratios are perfect for Rec use.

Non yet!

First carbon bike purchased, several other carbon bikes evaluated. Bike was tight the first 25 miles. After breakin bike became a pleasure to ride. Glides uphill with little crank effort.

Scott, Fuji, Giant, Trek

[Jul 19, 2011]
S. Thomas

Strength:

Comfort geometry, attractive, good build qualty, value

Fussy shifters, heavy wheelset

Overall, a very good bike for price paid. I tried the Specialized (pricey) and the Trek Madone (painful ride). The Felt just "felt" right comfort-wise and value. Beautiful graphics and quality.
Weak spot is the shifters. Could be just breaking-in but they seem fussy and less precise than the real 105's. Wheels are heavy but swapped out with my Vueltas. Fast, comfy, lightweight ride now. Weight was about 20, now 18lbs with the wheel swap. Easily compares with a $2K to $2500 bike now.

Splzd Roubaix Triple, Fuji Roubaix