Fuji Bicycles CCR2 Road Bike

• Chain: KMC DX-10, 10-speed
  • Tubes: CST Ultralight presta

[Mar 16, 2012]
Steve Barney

Strength:

Comfortable, quick, pretty light, great value

Didn't like the original wheel set.

I really like this bike. Bought it new in the late Fall of 2010 (it is a 2008). Liked it a lot when I first got it, but have since upgraded it to a full Ultegra 6700 component group, and what a difference! Faster, more responsive, and great braking. Not to mention losing some serious weight. With the Easton SA90 SLX wheel set, it is now a sub 16 lb. bike. I use it for "credit card" touring, so I have kept an alloy seat post (so I can clamp on a Topeak I-Beam rack and panniers), and it is a great bike for this purpose, as long as you dont go crazy with the weight in the panniers (I max it about 15 lbs.). It is also a joy just to ride around at anytime. My other bike cost a lot more (and I really enjoy it too), and it is not as stiff or fast, but it is quick enough for my purposes, and very comfortable! If you can get one (or whatever the new Fuji equivalent would be), it's a good bike to begin with, and certainly one th grow with and upgrade. Recommended!

2011 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3 Dura Ace

[Apr 25, 2011]
Scott Landgraf

Strength:

Lightweight, trouble-free, reliable.

Not crazy about the color scheme, but it has grown on me.

My first serious bike. Have ridden about 4,000 miles, including 3 centuries. Zero mechanical issues, and I ride a lot of hills in that require a lot of shifting. Seems to be every bit the equal of my friends' bikes (Felt, Trek, Orbea) and costs less. Excellent value!

Have a 20-year old Cannondale I rode back in the day; no real comparison.

[Mar 17, 2010]
neileys

Strength:

Weight, Components, Color, Price

Not as plush as CCR would imply

2009 CCR-2
Upgraded the handlebars to E3 Carbons (on sale for $149) and the front derailer to an Ultegra. Ride is pretty smooth although not as nice as the 2009 Specialized Roubaix Elite I compared it to. Didn't care for the Roubaix brakes nor the sound of pebbles constantly pinging off of the brakes because of the tires that seemed to be pebble magnets. I'm 5'10.5" and ended up with the M/L with a 10cm stem (down from 12) and it seems to fit pretty well.

Specialized Roubaix Elite
Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5

[Jan 11, 2010]
Sashana

Strength:

This bike is on rails in corners, very stiff when hammering out of the saddle, lightweight on the climbs. Brakes are good.

I'm not crazy about the compact crankset, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet(I had a triple on my other roadie).

Actually a 2009, it's a good smooth ride. The wheelset I think is good at this pricepoint, a lot lighter than my previous roadie. This bike is so comfortable, whether on the hoods or in the drops. Very nice handling, even when my mind wanders and I hit a pothole. The carbon frame helps take care of the road buzz I had with my aluminum framed bike. And, it's a beautiful bike to look at.

Motobecane Vent Noir, 2008

[Oct 23, 2009]
alrgardner

purchased ccr2 in 2008. No serious crashes. In Oct 2009 noted cracks in top tube. Has been returned to dealer for what will hopefully be warranty coverage. No explanation for the crack that I can think of.

[Jul 15, 2008]
taitran415

Strength:

light weight,color catch attention,comfortable ride,fast,

seat post not carbon, Saddles look ugly

i bought this bike 6 month ago and it ride like a champ worth every penny i went up hill easy and the handling is fantastic fast fast very fast
but yea my bike is a 2008 not 2007