Fuji Bicycles CCR3 Road Bike

• Brake levers: Shimano Tiagra STI
  • Saddle: Fuji RaceLite

[Jul 10, 2011]
AndEggs

Strength:

Comfortable ride, Excellent components

The seat (when does anyone ever not say the seat?) I replaced it with a $30 one from the shop which is light years better for me, even though it doesn't match the paint scheme like the original.

I test rode lots of different bikes of different brands, materials, configurations, etc. At the one shop, I tried everything they had in my size, and I was about to give up, but they pulled this bike out of the basement. It was used, recently traded in. I wasn't looking for a carbon bike, but I figured I'd give it a spin. Almost immediately I was sold. It had everything I was looking for. It rode nice and smooth, was comfortable, but I could also get up to speed and maintain that speed very easily. The bike goes down the road like a Cadillac, but is still plenty responsive.

I took this bike on it's first long ride this weekend with a large group. We covered about 40 miles over everything from bike paths, to country roads, and even a mud (was dirt until the rain the night before) path. I was the last rider to return, though I wasn't trying to win any race. I hadn't taken the bike more than 15-20 miles to that point, so to come off of this 40 mile ride without feeling sore or having any pain or tingling, I was very happy.

In short, being a recreational cyclist that's more interested in being comfortable on long rides, but still wanting the look, speed, and responsiveness of a road bike, I'd say you can't go wrong with this bike. You get a great frame, with good mid-level components (which are MORE than enough for recreational riders), a comfortable ride, and at a great price from one of the oldest bike manufacturers in the world.

[Jul 03, 2011]
dustun withrow

Strength:

good parts for the money

this bike rocks I love it. its my first rell rode bike

[Apr 06, 2011]
DAChipps

Strength:

Price. Ride. Looks.

Tiara shifting not the smoothest under power. Sizing is unusual.

Extremely smooth road feel compared to aluminum. Great bike for price. Fast. Be careful with sizing - 58 is an XL with a 60cm top tube. I am 6'0" and it felt very long-went with a 90mm stem and 5 deg. setback carbon seat post for a perfect fit. I will likely upgrade the shifters at some point, but they work fine and shift well for now.

[Oct 05, 2010]
ztuanhcs

Strength:

VALUE. Great deal! Mostly Shimano components (except cranks and cassette) make for a great experience; even though it's mostly Tiagra, it comes together nicely. There are enough gears to meet any terrain. FRAME. Feel is very nice: responsive, forgiving and comfortable. Climbs like a champ, lets me open up on the flats and keeps up with race-bike rider group.

Sizing! I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam and the factory set-up was just too big. I got a 70MM FSA stem and reversed the seat post; the sizing is better, but still not ideal. The relaxed geometry means it's a lot different than other bikes with the same sizing label.

Wheels. The stock ALEX ALX 200 wheels are starting to grind after about 800 miles.

Seat. Replace it.

2009 CCR-3. GREAT VALUE AT $1000 BUT BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE SIZING.

[Mar 28, 2010]
Damon

Strength:

Great carbon frame for the money and I love the lime green paint scheme.

FSA omega triple crank with Tiagra shifters shift poorly at best.

Great bike for the money. The FSA omega crank an Tiagra components must go to get satisfactory shifting performance. My bike is actually a 2008, but the drop down bar wouldn't allow me to select that year?

Fuji Mountain Bike

[Nov 29, 2009]
Fred4life

Strength:

Carbon Fiber frame and fork construction, same design and geometry as Fuji's high end SL-1 for alot less. Carbon fiber shows through. Good 105/Tiagra components.

The seat. Definitely worth upgrading but if you don't have $$$ don't fret it. Not too many bad things I can think of.

2008 Model. Has the "Kawasaki" green paint. Great bike for the money. Solid bike. Stiff, Quiet and sexy compared to my aluminum frame counterpart. Get occassional compliments. Current components are still working great. Just lube and clean your bike regularly and make adjustments if needed. Usual maintenance; replaced tires, brakepads and chain. Other than that, thumbs up! Local Bike Store support has been great. For 2010 the CCR line has been renamed the SL-1 Comp.

Trek 1000

[Oct 07, 2009]
rcjunkie3000

Strength:

Price, carbon frame, decent components for beginner roadies.

Shifting a little rough and noisy at times. Could be a little lighter from the factory.

I own the 2008 CCR-3, green, black, silver frame. Nice light carbon frame. Great bang for the buck. The bike is light and fast. Smooth and absorbs bumps nicely. Spools up to speed very quickly. It can keep up with the fast riders. Great for beginner or intermediate riders. I've added new components to drop the weight a bit down to 17 lbs.

Fuji Team

[Apr 28, 2009]
mrfoto

Strength:

Great price, nice component set and amazing efficiency and feel. You can ride your century and still feel human after you've finished.

The only real drawback would be the weight and it is really not out of line with a bike of this class. I like the XERO wheels, but I have had some difficulty getting tires to seat properly.

Awesome value in a road bike. Great feel, alive and responsive yet very comfortable in the cockpit. This bike is perfect for the roadie who wants an amazing value, and an awesome bike. The long wheelbase makes for a very subtle ride with surprising quickness. This machine will hang with the big dogs and still treat you like a king on your favorite Rails to Trails route. My bike is a 2008. In 2007 Fuji named the bike a Professional 3.0 but the name didn't fit because it is not designed for a 'pro' rider but more for the serious recreational rider and bicycle tourist.

Fuji CCR2, Scott CR1

[Aug 28, 2008]
tundra914

Strength:

Frame quality is top rate. Very nice weave pattern shows through paint. Best warranty in the bike business (lifetime!)
Bike wants to be ridden fast, Xero wheels are stiff and do not flex like my previous road bike. Did I mention Fast?

Stock seat weighs 345 grams, heavy for road bike standards. At 20.15 pounds, its not the lightest, but with a few upgrades can bring the weight down quite a bit, saddle is the first thing that needs to go!

This is a 2008 model. Ive looked long and hard and could not find a carbon fiber framed bike at this blowout price! Bike rides smooth and amazingly transfers power to the wheels very efficiently, better than every top end branded CrMo bike w/ the same group at the same price range. Why pay for a Cromoly framed bike when you can have a smooth riding Carbon frame for the same price.

Specialized Allez