Fuji Bicycles League Road Bike

Headset: 1" threaded sealed mechanism
Front Der: Shimano FD-2203, bottom-pull/clamp-on 28.6mm
Crankset: Cyclone Forged Road, 30/42/52 teeth
Rear Der: Shimano RD-2200
Pedals: Wellgo road w/clips and straps
Tires: 700 x 25c Kenda

[Jun 25, 2005]
ugochuik

Strength:

The price is very attractive.

shaky unstable frame vibrates on the road not much pull The gear changers are below Brakes screech a lot

Entry level bike. Its like going to a B university or ivy league, bottom line is you get what you paid for. In this case, not much and thats what I got. The frame is not stable, the bike vibrates on the road. The handle bar is not stable, the position of the brakes are too far. The gears are on the frame, you have to adjust the front gear each time you change. It is also heavy making climbing up a hill quite a task. The pull you get on the gears is not great. I wouldn't recommend this bike, save your money and buy something more stable.

OVERALL
[Sep 28, 2004]
Fastdog8

Strength:

VALUE, VALUE, VALUE. Shimano components are smooth and strong. Good looking, simple set up. I like the down bar shifters, some do not. Comfortable grip and riding position. Has done everything I've asked it to do in 8 weeks of training for first triathlon. My friends who are doing the triathlon with me will be riding a Canondale and a Giant, and I am eager to see how we match up against each other in the bike segment.

Slightly heavy feel.

Bought the Fuji League as an entry level bike to train for and use in my first triathlon. I have been very happy with it over the first 100 miles logged. While it is a bit heavy, it is stable and smooth. The price was better than many used bikes from the 1980's I saw on ebay. I highly recommend the League as a first bike, as I really feel like it has been the perfect entry level bike for me.