Fuji Bicycles Newest 3.0 Road Bike

• Bottom bracket: Sealed Cartridge Bearing ST
  • Pedals: Wellgo Road w/clips and straps
  • Cassette: SunRace CSR-638, 12-24T 8-speed
  • Tires: Kenda K-152, 700 X 25c
  • Headset: Ritchey LB 1 1/8"

[Apr 29, 2018]
KentBikesBrucer

Strength:

Being the first real "road bike" I've ever owned, I don't have a previous experience to compare it to. But I can tell you that all I did was add clippless pedals and then toured for almost 10,000 km on this bike. Never had a single mechanical breakdown. All that was ever replaced were tires, chains, brake pads, cables, and one gear set as needed and within routine reasonable maintenance periods. Travelled Route 66 from Los Angeles to Ash Fork, Arizona, fully loaded for camping, over some very rough roads. Never had a problem. The ride was stable and comfortable. I continue to ride this bike for daylong rides near home, and indoor training in the winter. A solid, dependable machine. (I was touring with a guy who had a $3,000 bike. He had lots of trouble with spokes breaking, and drive-train issues. I had to smile at the strength and economical price of this great bike.)

Can't identify any real weaknesses.

Price Paid:
$750
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2011
[May 16, 2016]
A Priest

Strength:

Frame is comfortable smooth, stiff yet shock absorbant

heavy as purchased

I bought this bike in 2009 and rode it for a few seasons. I really liked it and the frame was very comfortable and seemed like a perfect fit.In 2014 I decided to do a major overhaul on it. I replaced the entire drivetrain to Shimano 105 5700 10x2 with a 50/34 compact crank. Then I replaced everything else. stem, seatpost, saddle, wheelset, cassette, handlebars and pedals. I got the 105 group from Merlin cycles in the UK (Much cheaper then in the US and shipping was free). Vuelta 10 speed wheelset from BikeIsland. The total for all the changes was about $500 including carbon fiber seatpost and stem. The bike now weighs in at just under 19lbs and the gearing is perfect with the compact crank and SRAM 11-32 10sp cassette. Get a middle length cage rear derallieur to handle the 32t cog. For under $1000 bucks I have a ride that is perfectly customized to me with no extra weight or redundant gear ratios, top of the line everything and a total blast to ride all day in comfort. Climbing with the 11-34 gears is also about as good as it gets.

[Feb 02, 2015]
Meredith

Strength:

Light bike, smooth on pavement, especially with carbon fiber front forks!

Stem gets slightly loose after several rides. Suicide brakes just get in the way.

I bought this bike as an upgrade from my walmart mountain bike with the intent to continue doing longer distance rides. This bike is great for an average rider like me and I found it in my size! The front forks are carbon fiber and it's very noticeable how smooth it is! I rode it for about 300 miles before I finally removed the suicide brakes, they are nice for someone who is learning to ride with drop bars, but eventually are annoying and just get in the way. I also added a rear rack, new grip tape, a cyclocomputer, extra bottle rack, lights and entry level SPD pedals which I really like. This bike is great for riding aorund town and for long distance rides. I have never had a porblems and try my best to maintain the bike the best I can. Someday I will upgrade to a higher quality bike, but I have been impressed with the performance of this one and don't feel the need to change the seat or much else until it either falls apart or I become a professional! ;) For an entry level road bike, it's great quality and I am very happy with it after putting over 1,000 miles on it. I would definately recommend it to a friend!

[Dec 30, 2012]
Giovanni Velasco

Strength:

Good entry-level bike, quick/precise shifting, ability to adjust your stem.

Sora Components are not the best, tires get worn out easily, cross tops are not needed and add weight to the bar.

This is my first official road bike. I have owned it for a little less than a year and have probably put close to 1,000 miles on it. I upgraded the pedals from standard pedals to the Shimano SPD Road pedal (good entry level pedal). I have really no problems with it except early on I had a tough time shifting to the big chainring when I was in the middle. A simple cable adjustment fixed that problem. If you really get into riding, I suggest upgrading the crank because it is heavy, but just a few months ago I began to notice that the crank got rusty in a few places. Overall, this is a great bike. I hope to be making some adjustments to it in the neat future. As one mechanic I talked to quoted,"A very appropriate bike to begin on." I recommend this bike for anyone!

[Sep 01, 2012]
Mario

Strength:

Light, the gears are smooth and quick, the bike looks so nice I always want to ride!

I'm trying to lose weight and the seat is a racing seat, so it hurts my huge behind.

I bought the absolute 3.0 for fitness purposes. I'm getting complements at work and I feel a lot better. The price was right for a hybrid performance bike and honestly I LOVE riding it. People normally complement me on it. I got it in white. I normally stick to the road and bike trails ( paved ) it performs great!

[Dec 04, 2009]
cdavis1911

Strength:

Good handling, Triple Chain ring. Good brakes.

Sora products are horrible. Tires worn quickly. Ajustable stem becomes loose after a few rides.

I actually own a 2009 model. I added clipless pedals and a saddle bag. Although it's lighter than my previous ride ( a mountain bike from walmart) its still a bit heavy as far as road bikes are concerned. Not particularly fond of the extra brake handles on the handle bars. Good entry level bike for the money.

First road bike, but not the last.

[Apr 20, 2009]
lhsairplanes

Strength:

Carbon Fork
Integrated Shift/Brake Lever
Triple Chainring
Good Handling

Cheap Wheels (rims), Sora Components, Uncomfortable Saddle

After riding 200 miles, I find that the 23 lb frame is a BIT heavy, but the strenths I saw were good. Strengths and Weaknesses are listed below. Good value though. (FUJI bikes say the bike weighs 25lbs, but in reality, its 23 LBS, just like the more expensive FUJI NEWEST 2.0)

[Aug 19, 2008]
P.K

Strength:

Value for your money. Great for entry level rider not wanteing to break the bank.

The seat sucks!!

Nice entry level road bike. I am using it with the goal of loosing weight, and if successful, I will reward myself with a higher level bike. Good handling bike with lower level but still quality compnents.

First road bike so nothing to compare to.