Fuji Bicycles Newest Road Bike

Rear Der: Shimano Tiagra GS
Pedals: Wellgo WPD-R3 clipless
Tires: 700 x 23c Continental Sport 1000

Don   Recreational Rider [Aug 14, 2008]
Strength:

Light, responsive, fast.. for me at least. I have yet to change any parts because it's been so long since I had a road bike I think it's awesome.

Not much in the bike that I know of.. makes my hands hurt from the different riding position, I've been riding mtb's for 15 years. Also, being a Clydesdale, I popped a tire the third time I rode.. pinch flat I think. I have added Mr Tuffy's and slime tubes, we'll see how that helps.

The second day I owned it I rode it to work and back.. round trip 18 miles. I'm what's referred to as a Clydesdale, over 200 pounds. I have been riding my Trek mtb but decided to take the new one to work. It's a slight uphill to work, downhill from.. And the ride in, uphill, took me 10 minutes less than the ride home usually does. The bike was comparatively very fast, of course. I love it so far. Looking forward to long tours.

Similar Products Used: haven't owned or used a road bike since 1993
Adam   Recreational Rider [Aug 01, 2007]
Strength:

Easy to ride, not that expensive, looks good, not to heavy, tracks well with new stem, rides better with new fork, easy to get over 20mph on the flats

Aluminum fork and seatpost makes the ride harsh, the saddle could be better designed for larger riders, brakes shouldn't be this weak

I've test ridden a Scott S50, Masi Alare and Specialized Allez Comp Triple, and I must say, each bike is great. But the Fuji that I bought felt just about as good as many of these substantially more expensive rivals and came similarly equipped. Since the 3 weeks I have owned this bike, I've done a little over 200 miles. The overall feel for the bike was good despite not being fitted to the T. The aluminum fork and seat post transmit ALOT of vibration up to the rider, making for a slightly uncomfortable ride, especially on cracked, uneven, or just plain bad roads. I upgraded the fork to a Look HSC Carbon unit and the ride has improved quite a bit. The stock Kenda tires are holding up well, and I the shifters are doing their job very well. I actually like the Sora shifters over the Tiagra style shifters, since I'm not in the hoods often, but it would be nice to get a couple more gears out back to smooth the transitions between the taller gears. I must concur with the seat though. The stock Fuji Velo seat isn't to comfortable for rides greater than 30 miles, but then again, it could just be my feel for it.

Similar Products Used: Scott Speedster S50
Masi Alare
Specialized Allez
Gil   Recreational Rider [Jul 17, 2007]
Strength:

comortable, fast,

relatively heavy

I did already 1400 mile on the bike, they work great, very fast, very comfortable to ride them.

Indyxc   Recreational Rider [Jun 01, 2007]
Strength:

-Price
-Shifting is fine if planned
-Brakes work well
-Carbon front fork
-Relatively light
-Relatively fast

Only negative I can think of is the stock seat/frame rails squeak like crazy when you flex the seat.

2004 Model: After many years of MTB, I picked the Newest up to start road cycling, and am extremely pleased. For the price this thing is an extreme value. Tiagra shifters seem to do fine as long as there is no heavy load on front rings, brakes world well, fast out of the box. Overall a great bike for the recreational rider.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Allez, Trek 1000.
Aaron Berger   Recreational Rider [Jul 18, 2006]
Strength:

The tires seem to provide me with excellent traction on the climbs and good cornering in the turns. The drivetrain shifts smoothly and gives you a wide range of gearing choices. The braking, while less responsive compared to a mountain bike, works good. Overall, a very comfortable and smooth ride!

I haven't found one yet??

I have rode mountain bike since I was 12, but never anything else. I decided to purchase a road bike to help me train more torward mountain bike racing. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but I was suprised with what I got for my small investment. The Newest is an excellent buy for a beginner or recreational road biker.

Similar Products Used: This is my first road bike.
Mike Davis   Recreational Rider [Feb 09, 2006]
Strength:

Triple chainring, tires, Tiagra components

Of course you get what you pay for. This is an aluminum frame, and it rides like aluminum. So if you're thinking you will stick with cycling and/or you're willing to spend the money, go ahead and get a carbon frame bike with at least Shimano 105 or Ultegra components.

This is a good starter bike for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money for an easy ride. The Tiagra components are good and the triple chainring 30/42/52T gives you a wide range of options. I have about 600 miles on this bike with no problems other than minor spoke and brake cable adjustments. The Vittoria tires (700x23) seem to be top notch.

Similar Products Used: None
The Celtic Crusader   Road Racer [Sep 30, 2005]

Like everyone else...the Tiagra's. The ride can be somewhat harsh at times.

Great bike. This bike handles and climbs great, and feels incredibly stable at any speed. Even after hours in the saddle the stock seat still feels great. I usually MTB but recently started road biking

Similar Products Used: none
peterslovo   Recreational Rider [Aug 29, 2005]
Strength:

price relatively light good component mix for the price

little harsh ride

I bought this bike on Ebay because I wanted to give road riding a shot (I have ridden MTB exclusively for the past 10 years) and didn't want to spend a fortune. Man did I get a great deal - a $900 bike with less than 100 miles on it and in immaculate condition for $340! The Tiagra components have performed solidly and I have no complaints about shifting or stopping power. Having never ridden a road bike before, I have nothing to compare it with. It is a little harsh on rough pavement due to the aluminum frame, but overall I love it. My longest rides on it have been in the mid-60 mile ranges, and they have been good experiences, so no complaints about the Newest whatsoever. I am still riding it several days a week, and have ridden about 95% road and 5% MTB since purchasing the road bike. I am a roadie convert in the works thanks to the Newest! Couple years from now I'll look into more forgiving and lighter frame materials. I give it a 5 for value for me based on the price i paid, and a 4 for overall ranking because I've never ridden any others!

Similar Products Used: none
hungryman287   Road Racer [Mar 26, 2005]
Strength:

All arround good bike.

Tiagra shifters are the only problems so far.

I have only ridden it 200 miles but it hasn't had any problems. The Newest a great touring bike and is good for racing too. The carbon fork on it is fenominal, it dampens tons of bumps. I would recomend Fuji brand bikes to anyone.

joel_musicman   Recreational Rider [Sep 23, 2004]
Strength:

Good Training Bike Tiagra Components Available in 64cm!

Heavy wheels Aluminum ride quality

Being my first bike since I was a kid, I am very impressed with the bike overall. I've taken it out every day since I've owned it, and I've only had one small problem with the front derailleur cable coming loose. The 64cm aluminum frame rides a little harsh, even with the carbon fork (hence the addition of the RockShox), and there seems to be no spot on the seat free of pressure points. The ride quality aside, the bike handles quite well within the limitations of the Conti Sport tires, which have a noticeable drop in grip due to the painted side part of the tread. The wheels are heavy, but have a solid feel. I go over railroad tracks and rough roads every day with no signs of alignment problems yet, while getting up to speed from a stop sign takes a bit of shifting and effort. Overall, I am quite pleased with this bike. It performs quite well for its entry-level class, and the Tiagra components have given me no problems.

Similar Products Used: Demo'd the Marseilles, but that's quite a different price bracket.