Fuji Bicycles Roubaix SL Road Bike

Roubaix SL

FRAMESET: A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted Power Diamond downtube, integrated headtube

FORK: FC-440 Fuji Carbon Monocoque, integrated 1 1/8" carbon steerer, 420g

DRIVETRAIN: FSA SLK Carbon Compact Road 36/50 chainrings, Shimano Ultegra derailleurs, shifters, cassette & chain

WHEELSET: New Alex (A-Class) ALX-440SL

HANDELBAR, STEM, SEATPOST: Ritchey WCS

SIZES: 49cm, 52cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 61cm

COLOR: Brushed Aluminum / Gloss Black

WEIGHT: 15.8 lbs / 7.17 kg. Also available as a frameset.

Ernest Tofani   Road Racer [Dec 07, 2010]

I am commenting about a 2006 Fuji Roubaix I bought for $100. A fellow raod racer had an accident with it during the Tour De Tucson and sold it to me afterwards. the bike was a good looking jewel in the rough. In a day, I changed the gearing of the Truvativ crank to 30/39/50,replaced the frayed rear derailuer cable,handlebar tape, adjusted the brakes, trued the rear wheel,gave it a bath, polish and wholaa! The bike has an interesting yellow and black paint scheme with the black paired spoke wheels. It's a road rocket. With its yellow jacket coloring, it reminds me of a hemi Dodge Superbee of the 60's. It's a fast bicycle too.

Similar Products Used: 2007 Schwinn Fastback Comp, modified with a compact crank and a carbon fiber seatpost
Coach George   Recreational Rider [Aug 25, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff Frame, very lightweight. Easy to ride at speed.

Bumpy on rough bridges. More comfortable and stable at 20 miles an hour than at 10.

Very Very nice bike. Crazy light, loves to climb yet is stable on the downhills. Ultegra Comps shift easily. This bike loves to be ridden fast.

Similar Products Used: Various Fuji and Trek bikes
jcochran136   Recreational Rider [Oct 11, 2009]
Strength:

Light

Bike is super fast and light. I bought this from an friend and I love it.

Similar Products Used: none
Nicolas   Commuter [Sep 16, 2009]
Strength:

stiff but not punishing

tires

I was looking for light plush ride (roubaix, ccr, defy, synapse). Then, I found this 54c (I normally ride 56) at HTO (new old stock). It was seriously discounted so I test rode it a couple times and could not pass up the deal. I flipped the stem, added look keos, conti gatorskins. I now have a superlight (just barely over 16 lbs) ride. Very controllable and climbs easily. Like previous reviewers, I have had no problem whatsoever with road vibration fatique resulting from stiff alu frame(howevever, my rides have been 35 or less miles). Only downside has been tires as I found them to collect any and all shards of glass -- numerous flats in first month on both fr/rear tirs led me to change them out for 23c gatorskins (the increase in weight is minimal and no flats since). I also read somewhere that the stock Fuji saddle was crap -- I disagree. I like the design on the saddle and no problem with comfort/pain. Overall, after about 750 miles, I am very happy with it!

Similar Products Used: Specialized Sequoia
Cannondale CX bikes
steel road bikes
damvarmint   Recreational Rider [Jun 07, 2009]
Strength:

light weight and strong...little if an flex...ride is comfortable with CF fork and seat post...Ultegra is excellent...I challenge anyone to find more new bike for the money

I have found none

I had been riding mid 80s steel Treks and a 2005 Specialized Roubaix, and decided to clean house and get something less expensive but still light and high quality. I saw the Roubaix SL on Ebay and thought it could be had for a reasonable price. I bought it still in the sealed box, perfect cond. and assembled it, tuned the derailers, oiled it, etc...and took it for a ride. I had read that the alum. frame was brutal, but I found no sign of that. Maybe the CF seat post and fork saved me, but I found the ride to be comparable in comfort to the Spec. Roubaix, which is, of course, designed to sit more upright and be very easy on the body over distances. The Fuji clearly has a more aggressive geometry, but I liked it right away. I have put about 400 miles on the bike and have no issues with it. It is very light and responsive. The Ultegra group is excellent. For the money, I can't imagine a better ride. It's time for Fuji to get their due respect in the market. This bike is wonderful and very well-built, backed by over a hundred years of bike building...can Trek, Spec. or most other brands say the same? I may buy a second bike just like it. I highly recommend this ride. As for the seat and wheels...I have no issues with them, either. I read so much whining about seats and wheels, but they are excellent and very light.

Brian   Recreational Rider [Jul 30, 2008]

Great bike for the money. Awesome components, lighter than most carbon bikes ive seen...plus it was a great deal. The bike shop I bought it from had it marked down from $2570 to $1300 only because it was an 2006.

Get this bike you wont be disappointed.

Saikidodo   Recreational Rider [Jul 12, 2008]
Strength:

Very light, fast, responsive

Brakes could be better but nothing new pads can't fix.

Was hesitant about buying it used, but my friend who sold it to me reassured me I would love the bike (it was too big for him) and boy was he right. Great bike with great setup. Extremely light and fast.

Ed   Recreational Rider [Jul 12, 2008]
Strength:

Very light 15.8 lbs. Ultegra/ WCS. The bike feels great on climbs, sprints and hard riding.

Very slow rides are brutal. If you are planning on taking slow leisure club rides, this is probably not the bike. Brake pads are a little weak.

Roubaix SL not the RC, two totally different bikes, but the frame colors look similar. Great bike, light and fast. The components are top notch for the money. This bike climbs!