Fuji Bicycles Roubaix Road Bike

[Jun 14, 2016]
eddie

[Jun 22, 2015]
Peter

Strength:

Good looking painting design.

lousy BB, Crankset.

I bought this on Feb. about 4 months, and it happened problem of BB noise on Mar., after replace new BB from FUJI I saw BB broken and a piece of dirty greasy factory QC check item paper in the BB shell. Just when I thought issues are soled, last week it comes again the noise, and when I look down the bike I found the left crankeset is shaking like hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgOLejtGCu0 , I write eamil to Fuji TW distributor :"ADVANCED SPORTS INTERNATIONAL- ASIA LTD" and complain FUJI quality but no one replyed, right now this Bike is on the way snet to distributor and waiting for solution.

[Oct 09, 2014]
Gary

Strength:

Very affordable, bang for your buck bike. I have a 2013 Fuji Roubiax 2.0, with Tiagra and FSA crank. Oval components, A class wheels, Vittoria tires. This is a great entry level bike for those who don't want to drop thousands.

Although I haven't had a problems with them, the A class wheels are noted as heavy.

I had shopped around quite a bit for an entry level road bike that wouldn't break the bank, but also wouldn't hold me back. It came down the the Specialized Allez Elite, or the Fuji Roubaix 2.0 LE. At the time I was buying, both bikes were heavily discounted so throw MSRP out the window. The test rides were short as to be expected, but as a beginner I couldn't tell the difference between the two, to justify the 200 dollar premium for the Specialized. The components were all about the same. Tiagra groupset, aluminum frame, etc. I chose the Roubaix based on value, and shop incentives that offered huge discounts on riding gear. It also felt just as good to me as the Specialized.

I have about 500 miles on it now. My average ride is around 15 miles, and I've done a half century on it without issue. The bike is capable of speeds and handling corners beyond my abilities. Although I do need a proper fitting for fine tuning the bike to my body, it's comfortable. I never feel any strain on long rides, but I do think the seat could be swapped for a more custom fit.

Although I do not have any experience with road bike upgrades, one can only assume that a wheel upgrade would be a great place to start. The stock A class wheels do feel sturdy, but feel heavy. Even with that being said, I never have felt like I was fighting the bike to get up to or maintain a speed. I have easily been able to maintain 20mph speeds, solo, in the drops and the ride felt extremely smooth. I don't live in a relatively flat area, so downhills are not long and mostly short overpasses. The top speed I've seen is around 30mph, so I can't review a downhill blast, but 30mph was smooth as well.

I don't think this a bike I would dump money into to upgrade over time. My plan right now is to ride it, maintain it, and keep riding it. I would probably keep this bike as a training, workhorse later down the road. If I ever got into racing I would invest in something carbon and light weight for that purpose.

In most cases you get what you pay for, but in the case of this bike I think you get more than what you pay for as long as you get it under MSRP. These bikes come heavily discounted on a regular basis. MSRP for the 2.0 LE was 1349, and I paid 799. At that cost it was a no brainer.

[May 13, 2013]
bryan wittenburg

Strength:

i have the 2009 roubaix with the tiagra/105 mix. this fuji is a replacement for my specialized tarmac that was stolen. i was quite pleased at how well the roubaix cornered and the handling was way better than an aluminum framed bike should be. the tiagra group works well. the seat was horrible. replaced with a specialized avatar

the seat as mentioned. and after a few hundred miles the fsa gossomer cranks loosened. took apart, applied locktite and installed. no more issues. the alex wheels are the main downfall. they are heavy and flexy. wont stay true. take the money saved and upgrade wheels. good advice on most bikes

overall i am very satisfied with this bike. bikes at a lower price need to be personalized. i can hang with anyone on this bike. fuji did a great job with the roubaix. i would take it over a trek any day

[Mar 11, 2013]
clance

Strength:

love my Roubaix stable bike light in frame good bike for commuting and for racing basically it is a balanced bike

haven't found a weakness as yet and its been a year

buying a roubaix is value for money

[Feb 06, 2013]
ammodawg

Strength:

-Cost
-Great for a beginner

None so far.

Great bang for the buck. Picked up a 2011 Roubaix 1.0 at Peformance for less than 1k. After do research for about a year I was happy to find a bike in this price range that had full 105 on the bike. Mine even has the 105 crank.
I did have to change the rear wheel due to me being overweight (why I am getting into riding, to try and lose weight). I had to buy a heavier wheel but thats due to me not the bike. Overall I have been completely happy and satisfied with my purchase.

[Jun 30, 2012]
Giorgio Swizero

Strength:

Just moved and my regular bike, a Kestrel full carbon frame with Ultegra, will only arrive in a few months. Bought the Fuji to get me over the next few months and I am "shocked", how good the bike is! Yes, the Alex wheels are heavy, but Tiagra works great. Love the bike!

None for the money

Great bike!

[Jan 17, 2012]
John

Strength:

Carbon forks, Lightweight and durable, nice derailuers.

Tires

The Fuji Roubaix bicycle is the perfect fit for people of all walks of life, whether you need to commute to work, recreationally ride around town, or enter into any form of racing. The bike is highly competitive and a comfortable fit at any speed. I am extremely pleased with purchasing this bike, and I hope this review will help you purchase the bike of your dreams as well.

[Oct 27, 2011]
J

Strength:

Quality, ride, components, comfort, looks

Bike is great. Frame geometry is almost perfect, ride is comfortable and the component set is better than bikes costing hundreds more. Bike is also great looking, which can not be said for a lot of bikes.

[Mar 27, 2011]
Whk6711

Strength:

Geometry,wheels are strong, a lot of bike for the price.

Weight(compared to newer bike), Stock components

For the price these bikes go for I don't think they can be beat by any other entry level bike. I've been riding it for a year or so, used for commuting and longer recreation rides. I'm 5'11 and 220lbs riding a 58 frame and it seems to hold me up pretty well. I feel a bit of flex if I'm standing up and pushing hard, but at my weight thats to be expected I think. The roads where I live aren't great but I haven't had a problem with the wheels being out of true or anything which is great. The components work well but leave enough to be desired that I look forward to replacing them. Mostly I think the cranks and maybe the cassette could be better. Overall as an entry level bike I think its great. Very good for someone getting in to biking and wanting the most for their money. Great for a beginner and even enough bike to get one to the intermediate level if you find you want to be more serious with it. Potential to be a GREAT bike with different components. Biggest advice when buying a bike is ride several you think you like before actually buying, even if you're not buying from retail places. This one felt the best to me, which is why I bought it.