Fuji Bicycles Team RC Road Bike

• Ritchie Pro carbon seat post
  • Selle San Marco Aspide saddle

[Apr 03, 2011]
dt850R

Strength:

Light (16.5lbs), stiff as hell, smooth, excellent power transfer, excellent handling, super quiet. Shifting, gear ratios, just a joy. C7 frame cause I'm a Rhino.

It's early still so I'll just have to go for it and find out the negatives if there are any.

Bought my 06' Fuji Team RC used. Finally had to retire my 86' Vitus with Shimano 105. Obviously a huge upgrade. Bike is stiff, fast, smooth, light. 56cm fits me perfect, very comfortable. I like to climb and descend, spin on the flats and generally race whenever someone is up for it. This bike is incredible. Having never owned a high end bike, I now know what a huge difference it makes. Climbing was never this easy or fast. Descents are smooth and confident. Super smooth spinning on flats. And she is so pretty. Like having a hot girlfriend who is rich and an athlete. I can't believe she's mine.

None. Vitus was the pinnacle of the Alu bikes in its time. This is another planet or galaxy in performance.

[Oct 07, 2010]
T. Fraser

Strength:

fast, stiff, lightweight, great components, good wheels.

as with any racing bike, it requires constant care and mainenance. It also tends to hold water in the frame after riding in the rain, so I have to remove the seatpost and hang it over the utility sink to drain.

This bike is highly underrated -- its just as fast, stiff and responsive as racing bikes with bigger reputations. I bought it at a big discount through my racing team and have never been disappointed. I was picking it up from my mechanic after some routine maintenance and he admitted that he'd taken it for a test ride and was extremely impressed.

Trek Madone, Scott Addict

[Jul 26, 2010]
Sandra Lacer

Strength:

light, smooth, rider-friendly

white handle wraps, white forks, and 'hard' white seat

I am a recreational rider; however, I do enjoy long-distance riding. I wanted a bike, first and foremost, that 'fit' me. Next, I wanted my bike to be light to carry and stow, and to have gear shifters that were easy to operate, quickly accessible, and each gear 'glided/rolled-over' from one to the next. I wanted a smooth ride, and I wanted my bike to be cosmetically appealing both to me and to others. The FUGI Team RL has proven itself in each and all of these areas, and in some instances, exceeded my expectations. With each rotation, my FUGI reaches out, grabs hold, and pulls at the pavement. I can, literally, feel the energy w/each rotation. I'm a petite woman w/small hands: The gear shifters are rider-friendly and glide from one to the next. I can sense/feel the carbon frame absorb the 'bumps' of the road. My complaints are few and are minor--For me, my bike is a little light in the front end: I can feel it lift/slip (a little) in loose gravel (however, once I get to now my new bike better, this, I'm almost certain will not be an issue) and in my humble opinion, the FUGI Team RL (in my humble opinion) could be more cosmetically appealing. The white handle wraps and white forks need to go black (pearl-black would be awesome),. And,I replaced the 'hard' white saddle with a black Terry (incredibly comfortable--highly recommended). My FUGI Team RL whirrr-spers in the wind, and I'm loving the entire experience!

[Feb 28, 2010]
Gonzo 814

Strength:

Stiff frame, great value, sharp looking road bike....nice choice of components in the price range.

White bar tape! Serat seems a little cheap but light. No complaints otherwise...

Just started riding this bike and have enjoyed getting it set up for my likes. It is actually a 2009 closeout model which I got on clearance. Swithed the bars for width and the tape and was ready to go. At 250 pds Im no light weight and spent a good amount of time looking for a stiff carbon frame. After riding the new Fisher Cronus and the Trek Madone 5.2, I couldnt beat the price of the Fuji,not to mention enjoying the standard geometry having come from a Giant compact frame. It was very tight, stiff, and responsice. Seems to really transfer the power through the driver train! The wheels are bomb proof and they help in keeping the bike stiff when climbing those tall hills.

Overall the ride is stiff but compliant and I feel little to no flex in the frame and bottom bracket; think the Madone 5.2 had much more flex under my weight! Carbon feels great and the Ultegra works fine, as do most good groupo's in the price range. I feel I got a great bike and look forward to getting the miles on it. Coming from an aluminum frame, this thing is stiffer and much softer on the road...for that my rear is greatful!

Having sold Fuji's for years back in my college days managing bike shops, they are great bikes and have one hell of a warranty without all the drama!! If you need to warranty one. Lots of Clydsdale riders like this bike!!

Giant TCR One, Lemond Zurich, Jamis Quest (steel), Fisher Cronus.

[Mar 31, 2009]
AZtriathlonRACER

Strength:

Well equipped, stiff for good power transfer, and it handles well on high speed turns.

Cane Creek head could be upgraded.

Very solid bike. I've been riding this new Fuji Team RC since late May 2008. It notably came equipped with a Dura Ace drivetrain, Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels, and FSA K-Force lite crank. I've been on several bikes and for the price this is a terrific deal. I placed 43rd on the bike in my last triathlon of the 2008 season so it holds up as a competitive package. If I was going for more speed and stiffness I could have purchased a Cervelo P3, but with the same equipment as the Fuji Team RC, a P3 is more than I want to spend as an amateur athlete.

With regard to how it rates with the Trek Madone 5.5, I'd say that for the price this is a better deal. There may be some differences in the carbon construction, but the stiffness doesn't feel much different to me and the power transfer difference is minimal because I am holding the same speeds at the same effort level for the same duration of time.

I upgraded the tires to Vittoria's.

Trek Madone 5.5

[Nov 16, 2008]
team mentor1

Strength:

Light and stiff, quicker acceleration than anything else I have ridden. feels solid when riding, no squirmish feeling in the rear under hard sprints or accelerating on hills. comfortable too when doing 50 milers..

It fell over once when getting ready for a ride, and the clearcoat chipped. nothing much other than that, but a little clear nailpolish filled in the chip and it is good as new, and one little thing, the der hanger wasn't able to be tightened up anymore, I had to replace the chainring bolt fastener when I was installing everything to make it work correctly...just a small thing anyone can fix...

I built up this bike for this coming season. coming off specialized and giant brands, I really was hesitant on this bike, but after I built it up and it weighs in at just under 15 lbs,(digital scale used) without water bottles, I couldn't believe it. it rides like a dream ,and performs like a bike twice the price.I would by another bike and set it up as a spare....

Specialized Tarmac Pro, Giant TCR1...

[Oct 24, 2008]
Rick T.

Strength:

Solid Value paid much less thatn the $2200 MSRP), Full Carbon Frame!, Commendable performance with some upgrades

Weight (18.7 for 54cm), Stock Seat Designer has a special place in Hell, MegaExo bottom bracket known to be problematic (no issues with yet but Ultegra SL is here)

This review is for a 2008 TEAM (C4 Carbon Framed). I have been on a trusty DBR Podium 1.0 (full RX100 gruppo) since 1996 and when my good buddy finally upgraded his roadbike, I figured it was time. I stumbled accross a 2008 Fuji Team at the local roadie bike shop. It was lighter that my Alu DBR by almost 4lbs (wow) and spec'd/priced right for me. I bought it and have been extremely happy with my choice. I've made performance "upgrades" to lighten the bike and provide more comfort (ditch the Selle San Marco Ponza NOW). With new wheels, full carbon fork, better brake pads (the Cane Creek SC3 pads are too hard - went with Kool Stops), lighter bar/stem/post and Vittoria Rubio Pro Slicks - she's just about done. An Ultegra SL crankset is being installed and that should do it. The only issues I have are: 1) Shifting up front is not as smooth as I'd like - a bit stubborn. 2) Frame was creaking - seatstay-to-chainstay bolt needed tightening. But after some hard sprinting, it's creaking again (locktite?). But the frame is a bit flexy specially for you racer types.

Other than that - I LOVE my 2008 Fuji Team!!

DBR Podium 1.0, Specialized Allez A1,

[Oct 03, 2008]
AlexChiTwn

Strength:

C7 carbon, dura-ace components, Mavic wheel set

not really.

Tried Madone 5.2 and Fuji Team RC 2008 model. Decided on Fuji , fantastic ride, acceleration, handling. Was riding 70km/hour downhill, bike was as smooth as driving my BMW. Climbing is also close to effortless compared to other bikes I rode.

Specalized, Trek, Cannondale

[Jul 06, 2008]
Ireland

Strength:

Weight
Stiffness
Handling
Smoothness (damping road vibration)
Wheels
Price

I haven't found one yet.

I really like this bike! I was looking at Ridleys', Looks', Colnagos' and several other high end bikes when a friend of mine bought a Fuji. I rode it and was very impressed with the stiffness, weight (16.5 lbs), handling, and especially price! I could get the whole bike with Campy Chorus for what I would be paying for the frame with the other bikes. I looked it over thoroughly before I bought it, thinking that maybe where corners were cut were in the frame finish and "attention to detail", but everything was perfect. I have been racing it for two years and have not experienced a single problem. Performance was great too in that they gave me the crank arm length I wanted, stem length, bar width, and even threw in some carbon water bottle cages. Originally the price was $3400, but they gave it to me for the sale price, $2900, and then I used the Team Performance discount for another $300, and then they sent me a coupon for almost $500 off a bike that costs over a certain amount, plus a free helmet. I almost felt guilty! I used the "Performance Points" the bike earned to pay for a nice new set of lightweight look Keo's.
The bike corners well, is WAY more stiff that my old steel frame bike and is MUCH smoother! I was worried about that last part because everyone said steel rides so nice, but this bike is so much smoother! The wheels are Cane Creek Volos XL and I have never had to true them after two years of racing. They have been on some very bad roads too! Some of the races here in Nor Cal are on some very bad roads (Leesville Gap) and the wheels are as true as the day I bought them.
I highly recommend this bike! You can't possibly beat the price and if you did wreck and broke it you could buy another new one and still be money ahead over the other high end full carbon bikes.

Tomasinni Steel Road Bike