Fuji Bicycles Team Road Bike

Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria Rubino

[Nov 12, 2012]
Rob

Strength:

Weight, lack of harshness, dependable components, price.

Cost-saving on the saddle, stem, and wheelset added some weight.

Found a 2003 Team (Pro Series) with the aluminum frame, all-carbon fork, and aluminum/carbon stays. It has been upgraded to Shimano 6700 crankset and Dura Ace C24 tires, and a shorter, lighter stem, the saddle was swapped for a Race Light from a Madone. Tires are now Vredestien TriComps.

With the lighter components, stiffer crankset, and holy cow wheelset, the bike rides like many costing double the MSRP, maybe even triple. It's a better lightweight than my Kestrel 200SCi, more responsive then the Kestrel RT-700 I just sold, and much more agile than my pair of Ironman bikes or my Cinelli. After my Cinelli, my best bike.

[Jul 09, 2012]
Tracy

Strength:

Dependable smooth ride for hours of riding

After spending a week in France on a 2012 Trek Madone, I can now honestly say I made a great choice when I bought my 2009 Fuji Team! I didn't find any difference in the two bikes (even though the trek was 3 years newer). The ride was the same and the fuji was a substantial $$ savings. It had been 20 years since I bought my last road bike so I didn't have much to compare it to on my parking lot test drive, but I loved it the moment I tried it and have always thought I got a great deal for such a nice bike. Now I'm sure I did. I highly recommend this bike, you will save at least a grand for the same great bike!

[Aug 22, 2011]
jarrod gerhardt

Strength:

Nice components without requiring alot of "upgrades" to make it a more comfortable/faster ride. Reasonably priced (if it had held together).

Cracked frame during race. Wasn't riding too hard, being neglectful, just a poorly built composite. Need I say more?

I loved this bike, right up until the moment the carbon composite frame cracked 10 miles from the end of a 200 mile road race (the Seattle to Portland Group Health Ride)this July. Fixing the frame is ridiculously expensive, so Im shopping for another bike (this time not a Fuji). I had ridden it in a few shorter races earlier this summer, but otherwise have confined myself to weekend rides (ranging from 20-50 miles, so it is not as if the bike was getting ridden too hard or abused. It was a comfortable ride that I could feel good about racing without breaking the bank. I bought it to replace another older Fuji that I now use a as a stationary bike and hasn't cracked yet. Unlike alot of other reviewers here I didn't replace or upgrade any parts- saddle, breaks, seat post, etc. are all what came with the bike. Im a recreational cyclist, not a professional, so when I pay $1900 for a bike I expect the components to be good to go and to last more than a few years. We bought my wife a Fuji crossover earlier in the Spring of this year for her commute to work and now I wish we had looked around for another brand. The folks at Performance Bike where I bought all 3 of our Fuji bikes were sympathetic to the cracked frame but ultimately it wasn't their fault or problem. I've never had a bike frame completely snap in the middle of a ride before, and the bike was relatively new. Anyway, lesson learned.

[Apr 05, 2011]
Duran

Strength:

Full carbon frame and fork provides a comfy ride. 105/ultegra components are responsive and reliable. It's light weight enough that at this point the only thing that can improve my ride speeds is if I improve the engine--me.

Stock wheel set is heavy, stock seat is a throwaway, seat post is aluminum.

I love my Team Fuji, not only is it pretty light but it has solid, reliable components, and provides a smooth ride. I ride every weekend long distances on it and enjoy the contrast between it and my heavier weekly commuter bike. The Fuji is definitely a dependable ride, and it's perfect for the recreational rider.

Scattante R660
Fuji Cross Comp
Giant OCR 2

[Apr 12, 2010]
cbeyer

Strength:

It's a great looking bike.
For what I paid it was a great deal

The stock shimano wheelset is pretty bad.

This is actually a 2009 model. I bought it a few mouths ago on sale before the 2010 came out. I took a break from cycling for a few years and I'm just getting back into it. I've heard mixed things about Fuji bikes, but for the price it was hard to pass up. It's a solid bike, nothing mind blowing. I've owned other carbon bikes that felt quicker, but I blame a lot of that to the stock wheelset on the bike. All in all though, everything on this bike pretty solid. It's nothing brilliant, but it definitely isn't lacking anything, and once you get a good wheelset on it your set.

Trek 5.2 SL Modonne, Scott SL

[Nov 16, 2009]
roybikerdude

Strength:

A1 frame quality and stiffness. Sram group,smooth ride, nimble handling

Cane Crap brakeset (replace immediately), Seat, tires.

Overall, and incredible value for the money. I really wanted to go all carbon again after riding alum/carbon combo bikes for the past 7 years. I really loved my Kestrel 200sc back in the day and and gave Fuji the nod here. It a great in the climbs, nimble handling and the quality is quite good.

EPX Carbon, Kestrel 200sc

[Nov 12, 2009]
LOannSharkie

Strength:

Price point
Ride quality in relation to above
vibration dampening
Takes a beating ((several hard crashes)

Orig tru v crank was junk.. Lots of slippage as well and did not shift well despite tuning. New fsa kforce works flawlessly w orig 105 front d.
Bike orig came out of tune relatively quickly, but I was 30 lbs heavier then.

Wheelset ?

Going on 1.5 years, 6,000 mi and some change. Great experience for my first road bike. Orig. truvative cranks had a bolt issue ( would not stay tight) regardless of of all the usual remedies being tried. Eventually left arm was stripped to the point of being useless. Replaced at 1500 mi. w FSA kforce. Got a great deal online and had my lbs mec install. It has performed flawlessly for 3500 miles with no issues. AleK wheels are supposedly junk, but I don't know any better other than to lust vicariously through the experience of others for some american c's and mavics. X mas is comming! Test road every bike in the shop and could not tell any difference between 105 and ultegra. The cane creek sr3's get a bad rap as well, but I have not had any issues despite doing hill work and riding hard; again I just may not know better. Carbon felt a little strange when I compared it a quality alu frame when test riding. Not in a bad way. Stiffness seemed to be about the same, but it had a more muted feel as far as "road feedback" goes. Almost went with the alu, as it felt a little zippier despite the same weight. The bike shop guru convinced me that my body would thank me as the carbon has about the same effective stiffness/ power transfer and the feel is a result of vibration dampening, which is a good thing. Look sprint pedals have been great. I've got the roadie bug!

Test road several alu frames, and motobecane carbon before selecting the fuji.

[Nov 09, 2009]
Weez

Strength:

Looks great, rides great what more could you ask.

Shimano R500 wheels

Just got a 2009 Fuji Team. This is an awesome bike. Shimano R500 wheels were junk out of the box. Smooth and fast handles like a dream.

Panasonic steel and Cannondale aluminum.

[Jun 13, 2009]
urbanmountainbiker

Strength:

nice graphics, super light, really fast, handles awesome

crappy stock wheels, crappy stock brakes, super hard stock seat

the fuji team rival is my first carbon fiber bike and it is really fast! handles great too...but the stock rims(shimano 500) were mushy and went out of true almost immediately...total crap! i replaced with a set of mavic open pros and they are still true...the seat was too hard so i replaced with an avenir gel seat from dicks sporting goods....the seatpost is now a ritchey...i just replaced the horrible cane creek scr-3s with a set of dura-ace 7800 on sale at performance for about $150(with sale discount and member discount) i use shimano XTR mtb pedals and they are truly the best pedals made... THIS BIKE IS SUPER COOL LOOKING AND I HAVE HAD ALL KINDS OF REACTIONS ON IT! it is effortless to power up hills with this puppy...however it is CREAKING at the mainstay so it is going back to FUJI for evaluation...im going to miss it! great, fast, light, sexy, nimble, comfortable(and it doesnt talk back)...this bike is mine forever!

[Dec 13, 2008]
undeadzed

Strength:

Solid rigidity. Good components for price point. Great Carbon

Brakes. Wheelset, changed for all riding.

Haven't put many miles on the bike yet but from the few rides I have this was a steal. Very responsive, smooth machine. absorbs road vibe much better than my old Al ride. Much more stable in wind. Will be changing to a compact crank, many hills where I live.

Scattante 660 '05. Alum with carbon fork and stays. Major cross wind instability with Aksiums