Giant TCR Advanced 2 Road Bike

Giant TCR Advanced 2 Road Bike

Using lightweight, race-proven Advanced Composite material, Giant engineers created the 2012 TCR Advanced 2 as a single high-performance system.

[Dec 22, 2013]
Timothy

Strength:

Fast, Stiff where it counts, smooth in corners and on the straights. Looks awesome, Light.

Have put a few thousand miles on mine and I am happier with it now then the day I first rode it. Truly the best bike I have ever ridden.

[Apr 13, 2013]
Cycling Enthusiast

Strength:

Everything is great on this bike. It is very well built, sturdy, fast, smooth, great looking.

This bike is a pleasure to ride. When I ride my Giant TCR Advanced 2 I am not sure if I become part of it, or it becomes part of me, but we do become one.
I ride around 20-22 mph and cornering with it is a dream. I have not ridden a better, more comfortable road bike. This bike get 5 stars easily.

[Feb 28, 2010]
sperlingjr

Strength:

Ride comfort
Appearance
Acceleration
handing

Well if you crash a carbon bike you may be done.

Reving for a 2009. What a tremendous bike! It handles perfect in all respects. minne has the ultegra group set. goes from 15 to 32 mph on the f;ats in the blink of an eye!!!

Giant OCR
Giant FCR
Specialized

[Aug 26, 2009]
dhchampion

Strength:

Weight (even with heavy Shimano RS wheels, 105 group), still under 17 lbs for medium. Stiffness where it counts. Absolutely disappears underneath you.

About the only thing (due to riding a Colnago C50) is the lack of road feel. The C50 lets you know every little ripple and pebble through the frame and fork, letting you know if your tires are at the limit of adhesion on high speed corners. Hard to get that type of feel with the Giant.

This is for the 2009 TCR Advanced Rabobank, essentially a spiffy Advanced 3 version. This is an incredible machine! I am 210 lbs and wheels (even heavy duty ones) squirm when I stand up to pedal. Not this bike. The frame is sooo stout, I have never felt any flex in the bb. The front end is sooooo ridiculously stiff, I have had to adjust my braking zone on descents because I scrub off so much speed yet stays on line. It absolutely disappears beneath you, making you feel like you are riding nothing. Rabobank paint scheme is absolutely sublime...gets noticed everywhere even among Colnagos and Pinarellos.

Colnago C50, Merckx Majestic, Giant OCR, Cannondale R900, Time VXRS, Ducati 1198

[Jun 07, 2009]
markie5

Strength:

climbing, handling. I descend far faster through the turns than on my old bike

review is for the 2009 model. I cannot recommend this bike highly enough. handling is great, enormous bottom bracket ensures excellent power transfer, very comfortable for rides over 3 hours.

EMC EQUIPE

[Sep 10, 2008]
RSD1969

None...

My bike(2008)is a great product by Giant. I was looking Felt F4 or Madone but Giant is a better bike. Felt (for me) is too rigid and my test ride wasn't to comfortable. The Madone is a great bike as well. Now with Giant I feel that I'm in other level... I have only one word for this bike... Awesome

Madone 5 series
Felt F4

[Aug 05, 2008]
Joe Lederer

Strength:

Light, Stiff. Fairly comfortable. Ultegra SL components--Almost as good as DA, but cheaper

None, really. Not the highest-end wheels(Mavic Ksyrium Elite), but solid for my needs.

I've had this bike for about 1,000 miles. Best I've ever owned. Same frame as the higher models without the seat mast. Very stiff, without beating you up. Corners like a dream, sprints just as well