Giant TCR Advanced 3 Road Bike

• Tires: Michelin Lithion 2, 700 x 23c, folding
  • Crankset: Shimano 105
  • Rear Cogs: Shimano 105, 10-speed: 12-25

Hooben   Recreational Rider [Feb 11, 2012]
Strength:

Ride quality, aggressive stance, stiffness on sprints and attacks. High bling factor even at entry level. Mine is in all black and attracts much attention. Very intimidating.

The TCR literally had no weaknesses what so ever.

Was looking for a 2500 dollar bike and the extreme geometry caught my eye on the brand new 2009 TCR Advanced. 2009 was the first year that this radical new design was available. I tried the Specialized Roubaix which proved very disconnected from the road for my taste. I had ridden Cannondale aluminum all of my riding career. The TCR was very stiff and responsive on my test ride. Corners like it's on rails and is extremely steady at all times. The geometry of the frame is comfortable, yet very aggressive and leaves you in a great position for attacks on the fly. This bike has proven extremely comfortable on the roughest chip seal road in my area, yet it's impossible to get any type of frame flex from the ultra stiff bottom bracket and chainstays.