Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 Road Bike

• Cassette: SRAM Red 11-25, 10-speed
  • Chain: SRAM PC-1090
  • Cranks: SRAM Red Carbon, 39/53

jmitro   Road Racer [Oct 09, 2011]
Strength:

Very lightweight, responsive, nimble, and supple ride.

Some might say the hot pink color accents....but I like it!

This TCR Advanced Tmobile team bike is my first carbon road bike, purchased off ebay with about 5000 miles on it. It is noticeably lighter than my aluminum Bianchi, and stiffer as well. There is no chain rub when standing, and it feels responsive and climbs easily. Also feels steady with faster descents (35mph) and rides smoothly over rough pavement. I have raced with this bike in crits and road races, and feel it's a very good starter race bike (and I know if I crash and break it, my wallet won't suffer too badly).

Similar Products Used: my first carbon road bike.
sworksrob   Road Racer [Feb 19, 2009]
Strength:

handling, confort, response, weight, style.

This bike is great it is very stiff responsive and yet very confortable it handles very well werever you point that front wheel it will go. it is an awesome bike and weighs 15.2 lbs Complete with computer and paedals

Similar Products Used: 2007 Specialized Tarmac E5, Tarmac SL and Tarmac SL2
mike allen   Recreational Rider [Jan 29, 2009]
Strength:

Very attractive bike (to my eyes) in carbon black and white/silver graphics.
Stiff yet comfortable. Pretty light

Not so sure the rear brake routeing thru the top tube at the back is such a good idea. Seems to add to brake operating friction slightly.
There has been a recall on the fork (jan 2009). I've had no problems, but Cycleworld will replace mine FOC.

Price was for frame and fork, size M. I bought this bike after failing to get on with my Cervelo R3 (2007) and having had a good experience with my 2005 Giant TCR.
It's taken a while to get it dialled, but I now have a bike which is noticeably stiffer than the 2005 TCR but every bit as comfortable. If you're looking for a high-end carbon road bike, I would strongly recommend that you give this one a try.