Giant TCR Advanced Road Bike

Giant TCR Advanced Road Bike

The TCR Advanced uses the most expensive, strongest and lightest composite material in the world: T-800. Used with exclusive permission from the military, T-800 is the secret to making our TCR the lightest and stiffest road bike in the pro peloton.

• frame: formulaOne Composite, Compact Road Design, Giant Advanced Frame Design
  • fork: fomulaOne Full Composite, 1 1/8" w/carbon steerer

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 14, 2011]
    Phil Grant

Strength:

everything

none that I have seen yet

This frame is absolutely amazing. I purchased the frame new at my local shop and put 105 (5700 series on it) I am blown away by smooth the bike rides. It is so much fun to ride and it begs to go faster.

Giant OCR3

[Feb 24, 2010]
    e3po808

Strength:

Climbing, light, stiff, aero. Fairly comfortable for a racing/climbing bike.

None!!

The $500 was for a used frame. This bike climbs like a Billy Goat. I put a compact chainring on it and it climbs like butter. If you like climbing this is a great bike. While this is a great climbing bike there are some nice aerodynamic touches like a bladed seat post and I put some aero handlebars on. I've ridden next to TT bikes downhill without pedaling and have stayed next to the TT bike. So it's a great all around bike. I've done 100 mile rides on this thing and didn't walk funny when I got off. This is my first full carbon frame so I really have nothing to compare it to.

Specialized allez, Specialized Transition

[May 23, 2009]
    garydevoss

Strength:

stiff, very stable.

the 09 sl is an improvement

nice feeling frame. responsive. the main reason i posted this is to clear up the weight issue. my bike as set up below weighs 14.9 lbs. so with light components u can get it below 15 lbs. i think it's the best bargain out there.

my first all carbon bike

[Jun 02, 2008]
    turp426

Strength:

Performance,

If you ship your bike a lot, it won't fit in a standard bike box.

2008 Giant Advanced 1, full Dura-Ace, amazing ride quality, supper sharp handling, loves to climb yet stable at 55mph decents. Felles like all powerdelivered to the pedals result in forward movement, sprints have never been so fun. 17.6 lbs for an XL with Dura-Ace pedals, not bad. ISP is nice but I can feel a bit of sideways flex. Shipping is a pain too. Highly recommend this bike ... to quote Ferris Bueller, It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

[Jun 01, 2008]
    Sixtwo

Strength:

Lightweight, nimble, very attractive (if you can get over the magenta)

Price, mild psych-out factor (makes me feel a bit fatter and older)

What a bike! I've gone from the Giant FCR 3 to the FCR 1 to the OCR C3 and now to this, a 2005 T-Mobile (it's magenta NOT pink!), and I'm amazed and thrilled with the difference...as a 46 year old man in above average condition (but no triathlete) who rides mainly for exercise to combat middle-age crazy, I need all the help I can get and this bike is coming thru for me in the hilly and windy area where I spend the majority of my cycling time...light, stiff, fast, but not uncomfortable, it climbs like a goat and motivates me to be a better, faster engine...other reviewers are correct when they say this bike is not for casual riders...this bike is meant for pushing limits...

GIant FCR1, 3, OCR C3

[Jan 13, 2008]
    Sean

Strength:

1. basic component matching the best(never change)
    2. sensitive, light, stiff
    3. cost ( but not cheap!)
    4. every year testified by the T-Mobile team
    5. Rocket sloping.

1. sizing issue
    2. original taiwanese maker
    3. wheels couldn't satisfy your obssesion
    4. cutting seat post problem
    5. only shimano style(I never seen with campa)

I'm very passionated cyclist and want to enjoy long time.

I only ride for myself, so My safety is the most important fact. (My before alu bike was cracked cause of the stress at the chainstay, I was so scared.. )

Actually I couldn't ride every highend bike, so My compare could be absurd. But I'm satisfied at the reliable safety, senstive response, stiff, light and cost.

2008 TCR Advanced TE(International) will be better for new customers
    (But expensive)

GIOS, TREK, COLNAGO

[Jan 10, 2008]
    Dat

Strength:

Value, weight, looks, stiffness, compliance, steering.

Maybe giant's limited sizing.

Sure, this is about the '06 (ultegra spec with blue coloured rings) model but I love it so much that I had to post a review. This is the third road bike i've owned but the first all carbon. This bike is in another stratosphere as far as i'm concerned. Price wise - sure, i'd like an italian high end frame but the price difference would not reflect the difference in quality, if at all. I like the simple graphics, however, my only criticism would be that the labels are merely stickers under a clear laquer - some of the stickers don't seem to match up as it wraps around the tube. Mind you, I did have to look pretty close to notice it. Apart from this, it is stiff when sprinting (i'm only 73kg) in crits, compliant on long rides in the road season, light enough, and pretty enough. Steering is sharp, no speed wobbles that i've experienced. If you want a race bike with value for money don't overlook the '06 models. They're much cheaper now.
    I like the '07 advanced frame design but not too excited with the graphics.

Specialized aluminium(Festina colours) and Avanti Corsa (Columbus aluminium with 1/2 carbon rear.

[Dec 24, 2007]
    JCP

Strength:

Acceleration, handling, weight, price

Sizing. The frame comes in 6 sizes only. It did take me about 3 months of trial and error to finally be well fitted to the bike (had to get a longer stem which made a huge difference for me). After that, I was in bike-heaven.

This is an update to my previous review. This bike continues to impress after 3000 miles. This is the stiffest and fastest bike I've ever ridden. There is no hesitation when putting the power down on the pedals. This bike just leaps forward. Handling is also razor sharp. The bike responds to the slightest input. As for smoothness, there are smoother bikes out there, but for a racing bike, definitely holds its own. While I would not recommend it for casual riders, those who like to mash on the pedals or race will love this bike. What is even better is that it is priced very favorably among racing frames.

Cannondale Six13, Scott CR1, Giant TCR, Klein, Trek

[Dec 02, 2007]
    anthemracer

Strength:

Stiff in the sprints and climbs. comfortable in the line. Great build kit. Sexy looking!

Possibly the integrated seatpost if you needed to cut a lot off and then wish to sell it... ( but why would you sell it!)

This is a 2008 TCR Advanced 0. Unbelievable bike! When you get up hold on, 'cause this machine will move! The ride quality is second to none. It is super stiff when you need it to be yet very comfortable while cruising. I only got 40 min. in so far due to the awefull weather here. But I got a good ride in and feel that you can't beat this bike with the build it came with.

'06 OCR limited

[Sep 22, 2007]
    eriktheviking

Strength:

Frame, forks, wheels, spec (even standard spec is excellent).

None. Unless you count the fact that you CANNOT this slowly. Seriously, I've tried, it wont let you.

Before writing this review, I should point out that I am a bike technician, and work in an independent bike shop.
    I have had a long, long love affair with Orbea's, and was on the verge of buying an Orca. I've ridden a lot of Giant's,and run a TCX as a winter training bike. I dont dislike Giant's, but have always found them a little dull to ride, but they are exceptionally well built and spec'd.
    A customer ordered a TCR Advanced 1, and after preparing the bike I took it for a customary test ride to make sure everything was OK. From that moment on I had to have one.
    I have a TCR Advanced 1, all I have done is changed out the Ultegra kit for Dura Ace..I should say that the only reason I have done this is that I felt the frame deserved Dura Ace, there is nothing wrong with Ultegra and the bike is only marginally better with Dura Ace kit.
    The bike came with Ksyrium SL's as standard..I have always avoided Mavic's as I think they are over rated, but was disapointed to find that the SL's really are spectacular wheels. Quick, great climbers. They compliment the frame perfectly.
    Finally, the frame itself..what a bit of kit. Great, understated paint job. Rides like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. Incredibly stiff, accelerates like its rocket powered, yet amazingly comfortable, even over rougher surfaces. Treats hills as minor inconveniences.
    I've seen a few reviews that feel the stem and forks are a bit flexible if you are a heavier rider, I am a heavy rider, I've tried my hardest to flex the stem or forks and have failed miserably.
    Quite simply faultless.

There is nothing similar to this bike.