Ionic Cycles Nemis S3 Road Bike

Nemis S3

• Hand crafted from True Temper S3 Super Steel
  • Features custom butted tubing throughout
  • Features an oversized extra stout downtube
  • Features full oval and oversized chainstays
  • Breezer style dropouts deliver extra stiffness

damdave   Recreational Rider [May 03, 2010]
Strength:

Bike is actually pretty sweet, and great price and full custom geometry that I designed myself. Painters at Spectrum are professional and helpful, if the bike ever makes it there. American made - this is good.

Customer service - or complete lack thereof- it's only John who doesn't answer or return calls unless threatened. So...threaten him and the bike will get done.

Ordered an Ionic S3 from John at Dean in October, promised delivery in early December for $1050+350 fork. Jan and Feb came and went and my wife and friends told me that I'd been had. John only answers phone when he needs your credit card or to reassure you that the bike is "almost done". Needless to say I was frustrated by the chronic misleading messages - I believe that John is a good guy but with a problem giving honest answers. Further he is a pathological truthbender - hard to call him a liar as I enjoyed our conversations, but after enough of the lies it got old. Bike delivered in April after I threatened to cancel order. I had to bring it to a local shop to have a $30 hole drilled and tapped into BB as there was no way to mount the cable guide, and they laughed at John's reply ("we often have people use double sided tape"). John told me now 10 days ago "I am going to the post office today to send some swag"...I am not holding my breath. Unless you're prepared to wait an extra 3-4 months beyond the promised delivery date, buy elsewhere.

Similar Products Used: specialized Roubaix, Scandium frame
OVERALL
Kraig Thomas   Recreational Rider [Sep 20, 2009]
Strength:

Lively steel ride, quality.
Made in USA

Can take some patience once you order, Just make sure you talk to them about actual delivery time

Quality welds and finish. Super smooth rude yet stiff enough for very good power transfer.
The entire bike with pedals is just under 17 lbs which for 58cm steel is great. If your looking for a quality ride and a great price the S3 Nemis is hard to beat.

OVERALL