Jamis Ventura Race Road Bike

The Jamis Ventura Race uses the race-proven geometry from their high-end "Xenith" line combined with a lightweight double-butted aluminum frame to keep you up front on the local Saturday ride.

RW Thompson   [Nov 22, 2012]
Strength:

Weight, 105 group set, Ritchey equipment.

Would be nice to have a 350mm seat post.

I am 6'2" long on the torso, and bought the 58cm. The size is perfect, I can comfortable ride in the drops. steering is very quick. Very comfortable quick bike.

Eric Goodman   [Jun 22, 2012]
Strength:

Price, components (shimano 105 group) and quality.

I have the 2012 model with the new sloping radius top tube. It has carbon in all the places you need it and the components are great for the price. Most bikes in this price range have cheaper components. The weight is good for an aluminum bike. I wanted a Jamis bike as they use major name quality parts and not their on brand less expensive items as some of the other bike manufactures. The only recommendation I have is upgrade your wheels to something lighter. I have Rolf Prima Elan on my bike and it is much faster. Stock A-class wheels are heavy.

KV   Recreational Rider [Aug 12, 2009]
Strength:

response, speed, price, clean shifting with little adjustments after 3 month and ~1000 miles.

very upright geometry

i actually have the 2009 bike. 105 drivetrain is a great entry level set up and smooth dependable shifting under heavy pressure (i weight 205). the bike is much much faster than i ever expected. fantastic bike for the weekend warrior or someone just getting into the sport. lot of bike for the price, even at retail.

Similar Products Used: felt F75, specialized roubaix, specialized allez
jaf36   Road Racer [May 15, 2009]
Strength:

Responsive

See first sentence in summary

The bike is garbage. I have owned it since July of 2008. I have the 2008 model.Purchased the bike new went to pick it up the dealer had trouble shifting it spent 1/2 hour riding it in the parking lot, no go. Waited a week and a half picked the bike up. Back to the to the shop on Labor Day weekend. The 105 shifter for the front deraillier kept hanging up resulting in the inability to shift to the upper chain ring. Took until March to get the new shifter in and it did the same thing. Now the dealer is waiting for Jamis to approve the installation of Shimano front crank seems that the front crank is not Shimano and does not mate with the 105 used. I'm am disgusted and not looking forward to riding a bike that is not well thought out and future troubles. Things might be better but I called Shimano and got a totally different story than the dealers. A real runaround.

Similar Products Used: Schwinn, Fuji
cljim22   Recreational Rider [Mar 17, 2009]
Strength:

The ride is great, I fly up hills and the road bumps were not too noticeable (we are in the first few days of the spring thaw here in Toronto and there are a lot of bumps on the roads). The price is the real strength. I did not have the 1800+ dollars I would need to spend for a Trek 2.3 with a 105 drive train.

The breaks don't inspire confidence and I imagine there are lighter wheels on the market - both of these can be improved in the years ahead.

I've just had the bike for a few days, but it was great on my first ride. I have the 2008 model, that appears to be similar to the 2009. The specs are pretty good for a thousand dollar bike (1200-1300 US for the 2009), with 105 shifters and drive train. Breaks seem to be the weak spot. The bike is fast and smooth. A good option for others who don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a road bike and want a solid bike they can improve over time.

Similar Products Used: GT ZR 4.0 (no carbon on this bike).