KHS Inc. Flite 200 Road Bike

Pedals: aluminum w/clips & straps
Tires: 700 x 25c Kenda Kontender

[Jun 08, 2006]
JimmyJaymz

Strength:

Strong frame, tight cockpit for manuvering, yet very, very comfortable for morning rides to work and/or gym.

None.

Great bike to squirt about town on. I first rid it of it's fenders, and just today retro-fit the rear fender by having it just go over the topmost of the rear tire. Its easy to trim and looks much sportier than you might think.

2005 IronHorse Warrior HT; upgraded with FSA-e.thirteen-Hayes-Kenda-Marzocchi goodies and is a blast on the trails.

OVERALL
[Aug 15, 2005]
Dastardly_Dan

Strength:

This is a sturdy fun bike that's great for getting around the city. It has a hybrid feel but is really a road bike. The bike also has excellent brakes, which are important for the streets of Chicago with all the crazy drivers in the city.

This bike is not very light and is a bit on the slow side. However, I'm comparing that to my racing bike. If I compare that to my bike that was stolen, this bike is just as good if not better just for the shear pleasure of riding it.

I had an old Trek 8000 mountain bike that was tripped out with Rock Shox and all kinds of bells and whistles. Well the bike got stolen. Meanwhile last year I bought a beautiful Lemond Buenos Aires road racing bike (see my review on that bike). I needed an everyday bike for commuting to work and to run errands. I did not want to leave my $2000 Lemond bike parked around the streets of Chicago, which I did for about 5 months, and I was never sure if I was going to come back to a stripped bike or no bike at all. So I began my search for a good commuter bike. After searching and searching I found last year's model KHS Flite 200 road bike with a flat bar that was extremely comfortable to ride. I was looking for a hybrid but this bike is as comfortable as a hybrid but much more of a road bike due to the thin tires and racing style saddle. The bike also came with some really great fenders, which was awesome since I was going to buy some anyway. I purchased a Quick Track bike rack and an incredible MTX Quick Track trunk bag. The combo of all this stuff has made this bike a fun and very practical commuter vehicle. Also, you kind of feel like your traveling around in Europe on this bike and you just need a basket with a French loaf of bread in it. The one thing I did to this bike was remove the quick release tires and replace it with hex key locks for peace of mind when I leave the bike locked outside.

I put money down to buy a Kona Dew Deluxe. It had disc brakes that were cool but was a bit pricey ($600) and it only came in odd sizes, which the store was out of so I got my money back. I also test road an incredible Felt SR71 which was fast as hell and very agressive but it felt too much like my racing bike with a flat bar. I test road the Jamis Coda, which I heard nothing but raves about but after the test ride I thought it felt cheap.

OVERALL