Kuota Kredo Road Bike

Kredo

Available in four sizes, slooping geometry and integrated headtube 1-1/4” with KR1 monocoque carbon fork and inox bearings. The sophisticated construction, according to ISO 9002 standards, and the innovative technologies introduced, do bring to this bicycle excellent characteristics such as riding comfort, reactivity and steering precision.

YO   Recreational Rider [May 30, 2009]
Strength:

Stiff, Light, looks Sweet!

Killer Frame, light yet stiff enough in the rear to climb steep hills. I ride Colorado, and stiff and light are very important here! This Bike accelerates like mad!

steelerfan   Recreational Rider [Jun 25, 2008]
Strength:

Stiff, responsive, lightweight, climbs as if it lives in the mountains and sprints like a suburbanite in the hood at 2 in the morning.

I'll get back with you when I find one.

I've had this setup for about 2 years now and finally decided to sing its praises. This is one outstanding build, and you cannot beat the price to performance factor. This bike will absolutely do what your legs tell it to do. If you crank it, hold on tight, because it will take off on you. It climbs like a dream and responds to the slightest touch. Unlike some other riders, I love the feel of this bike. It is extremely stiff and will let you know if you are on the road, but that is what I like about the bike. I like knowing that there is ground underneath my wheels. If you want a quiet ride, then try investing in a good set of bibs. I priced several bikes before making this purchase (Trek, Specialized, Pinarello, Felt, Lightspeed, etc.) and found that for a comparable build I would have spent twice the money. Besides that, I'm not very good at following the norm; I was and am intrigued with the idea that mines in the only one in the group.

Similar Products Used: none
kennyrayandersen2   Recreational Rider [Apr 15, 2008]
Strength:

This is what a bike is supposed to ride like. Pedal, go. Corner, carve. Point, and shoot -- make my day!

My left foot occasionally, but rarely brushes up against the chainstay, which is a speak annoying. The 50 year old man that need to drop 20 pounds that's riding on it!

It don't make ME climb like richard virenque, but I now have no excuses -- it ain't the bike. I bought used (frame) through Great LBS, who stands behind what they sell. I've been buying bikes from them for nearly 15 years and so they take care of me. If you are cheap and buy out the back door caveat emptor baby. Having said that I have had ZERO problems with the bike it rides like butter and I'm coming off steel. How can a bike be both this smooth AND this stiff -- it's like magic, and that coming from someone who works with composites every day. The quality is superb.

Similar Products Used: Casati, Look, Trek
Donegal   Recreational Rider [Nov 13, 2007]
Strength:

Stiff in the right places, bottom bracket, head tube and rear triangle.
Looks great in all carbon.
Built to climb, race or ride hard.
Beats bikes at twice the price. I understand quality and pricing I don't pay for the name, just the product. This one exceeds my expectations.

The old fat guy on the seat.

Top Quality Racing Machine. I am 51 year old weekend warrior riding with two competitive triathletes 15-20 years younger than me. I look for any advantage I can get in equipment. Smooth, Stiff, neutral in corners. I ride a larger frame with tall head tube and feel comfortably stretched out on it and not bent over too far. I push corners sometimes and need a stiff front end, I don't like short, twitchy frames, or mushy ones either. Stiff Bottom Bracket allowed me to damn near rip the spokes out of the reynolds wheels that came on it. This is the only carbon frame I can stand and climb efficiently on. By the way, I am not a lightweight, 170 lbs, w/strong legs. Sometimes I mash. Rides like a carbon racing bike, stiff but not enough to loosen your fillings like aluminum. It is light as a feather and climbs better than my ability. I sold my Vortex when I got this one. It does everything well. I am keeping 2 carbon bikes, one campy, one shimano, each for different reasons. If you want a performance bike, look no further. It's also great looking and keeps everybody jealous. My rides are mostly 30-40 miles on rolling hills North of Atlanta. I have ridden this bike 80+ miles comfortably several times. As far as value, I bought it new on ebay as a year end closeout and feel like it was a steal. By the way, ISO9002 certified and EFBE certified. Check out the Kuota Website.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale Caad3-Ultegra
Colnago C-40-Record
Aegis Victory-Record
Litespeed Vortex-Dura-Ace
PezTech   Recreational Rider [Nov 06, 2007]
Strength:

stiff and light but not too stiff... nice looking bike

It's time for a new Kredo Ultra!

The review below from Metric E is misleading...

I tried to help him but he bough this bike on EBAY as a blowout below wholesale cost, from a non Kuota Dealer and they also told him that there was no warranty...

My Kredo is still running strong after 2 years. Reasonably stiff, among the lighter bikes around and with a ride comfort quite good as light bikes can tend to be a little too stiff/harsh.

Similar Products Used: CR1, Soloist, R3, c50 AND c50 EP, Orbea Orca, Specialized Tarmac sl and 15 others...
metricEee   Road Racer [Oct 12, 2007]
Strength:

Rides well if it isn't broken

Terrible quality bike, terrible quality company. Check minus all the way around.

I purchased a new old stock '05 Kuota Kredo from a bike shop over the internet, and I initially really liked the bike. It handled very well, and was reasonably comfortable. The front end was very stiff, but there was a little movement in the rear- but nothing horrible. Then after a few months it started to develop cracks at the joint between the seat stay and the dropout. Unfortunately for me, Kuota is not a good company when it comes to standing behind their product. They are claiming because I purchased the bike over the internet that the warranty is voided. Needless to say I am less than impressed with the quality of the bike or the company. Do some searching around the web, and you'll see that I'm not the only person having problems with the company and warranties. I would strongly suggest you look at other bikes based on the quality of the bike, and if you absolutely must have a Kuota, don't even think about buying one unless you know that your bike shop has the power to go to bat for you with Kuota.

Zac Fisher   Recreational Rider [Aug 08, 2007]
Strength:

Stiff, great climber, fast. It wants to be ridden hard. It is a pretty light frame too, although there are now lighter.

Not a comfort bike. I don't do as many long rides on it as I did on my Kharma.

I bought a Kredo frame used to replace the Kharma that I crashed (see my Kharma review too). I thought the Kharma was fast, but this thing is just a blast to ride. It really takes off, and climbs even better than the Kharma did. The area where the Kharma has it beat though is in comfort. This is NOT a comfort bike, this was meant to be ridden hard. I find myself always pushing on it finding I can go faster than I thought possible, and of course the faster you ride the faster you get. This bike won't hold you back. The transfer of energy from the pedals to the wheels feels complete, with no loss. Stiff as can be. Very stable too on the descents. Takes up enough of the road shock that you don't come away shaken.

The frame came from La Bicicletta, the parts came off my Kharma bought at R&A. I swapped it all myself.

Similar Products Used: Kuota Kharma, my trusty old steel bikes.
yarouhy   Road Racer [Mar 10, 2007]
Strength:

Beauty, lateral rigidity, responsiveness, reactivity, power transfer

Cornering, not the best for heavy frames...

Looks are gorgeous on this frame.I climb more with the Kredo as I use a Khan for sprints. Powerful and yet smooth bike. Response is inmeadiate when pedal strikes full force and lateral rigidity is the best I've seen. I am a bit heavy for the size I need and here the advantage goes hence to the Khan where size option is inmense, Kredo comes only in S, M, L and XL sizes so for my frame an outburst of power made my first Kredo to crack. Kuota changed the frame and provided some explanations therefore the use of the Kredo for less power and more miles. I agree that this bike has no dead points, all terrain will be felt. It isn't as confortable as the Khan but the power going up is a great aid to a sprinter like me. Cornering is also a bit treaky on this one....

Similar Products Used: Kuota Khan, C50, Willier Cento, Canondale six, Titus
JonNelmes   Recreational Rider [Feb 13, 2007]
Strength:

A bit of a "do anything" bike. Lightweight (not a reason for buying for me though), superb power transfer and unlike some other reviewers I found this to be a very comfortable bike with my current set up.

Have not found a problem anywhere as yet, seems to have been very well assembled by the bike shop.

My first carbon road bike, previous bike being an aluminium Ribble. I'm 6ft 2 and bought the XL frame after using the excellent sizing guidelines on the Kuota web page (www.kuota.it). I've put in about 200 miles over 3 weekends (well 2 actually as I couldn't bring myself to ride this in the rain) on the Kredo and I can't quite believe the difference between this and my trusty Ribble (which is now relegated to commuter and winter bike).
The Kredo seems to just soak up the road buzz whilst also being ultra stiff and responsive. It also accelerates like a rocket (an overused phrase I know ... but it's true). All of my effort seems to be transferred direct to the rear wheels and this thing just takes off.
Also test rode the cheaper Kharma (with the same groupset) and it just didn't have the same pickup and felt a bit deader, some might say neutral, when cornering (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).
As an added bonus, this bike is in my opinion, drop dead gorgeous. Only thing to come close for me is the Scapin Etika which I was thinking baout but the lack of being able to test ride one put me off.
Ultegra groupset has so far proved excellent. Shifting and braking is defintely more swift and positive than my old 105 (and that's not just because it's new!), and the hoods are more comfortable for my hands. Thought about Chorus but being able to drible components down onto my old bike and lower price of Ultegra won in the end.
Fulcrum 3 wheels seem to be performing well with no discernable flex when cornering.

Similar Products Used: Test rode the Kharma, great bike for the price
velosurfer   Road Racer [Nov 29, 2006]
Strength:

Light, Stiff, Fast, Looks Great, performance to price ratio. It's a race bike.

Could be a little more comfy ... but then that might come at the expense of its strengths. I gave the Overall Rating a 4 only because it may be possible for the frame-designer to get a little more comfort out of the frame with some small design changes.

Light, Stiff, Fast, Looks Great -- I purchased this bike in April of '05 as a race bike. I had a Colnago C-50 at the time (still do) and didn't want to subject the C-50 to "squirrels". I'll give you a comparison -- the C50 is super smooth and an all-around phenomenal bike (as the price reflects). The Kredo, however, outperforms the C50 in competitive situations. It's lighter and stiffer in the bottom bracket. When you stand to sprint or climb ... it goes ... no protest ... no sway ... no lag. It is also a bit stiffer vertically (than the C50) which detracts from the comfort ... but then if you want to lead the peleton or win a race, perhaps comfort can take a back seat for the duration.
One reviewer said the bike has a "dead feel". From my perspective, there's nothing dead about the feel of this frame. It's too stiff to feel dead ... hit a bump and you'll feel it ... roll over chatter, the carbon will absorb some of it, but you'll feel it.

Regarding value ... one would be hard-pressed to find a comparable performing bike for $2600 (remember it outperforms in competitive situations bikes at much higher price points).

The Kuota Kredo is a competitively priced race bike.

Of course this is all my subjective opinion :-).