LeMond Bicycles Reno Road Bike

Headset: 1 1/8" threadless Cane Creek C1
Front Der: Shimano Tiagra
Crankset: Shimano Tiagra, 39/53 teeth
Rear Der: Shimano 105 GS
Pedals: aluminum cage w/clips & straps
Tires: 700 x 25c Bontrager Select

[Jun 22, 2012]
Ron

Strength:

To respond to the May 27th review, I actually have a Reno for sale or trade right now. So if you are interested it is on Canada KIJIJ ad 388336673 I loved this bike but unfortantely just getting a little too old to ride anymore

Cant really say anything bad about this bike.

Good reliable fast bike

[May 27, 2011]
carolsquires

MY 2008 RENO TOO MUCH TO SAY ALL GOOD HERES HOW MUCH i LIKE THIS BIKE I WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT RECENTLY MY FRAME & FORKS WERE DAMAGED & UNREPAIRABLE I AM TRYING DESPERATLY TO FIND THE ORIGINAL FRAME SET LOOKED AT 2011 BIKES MOST BRANDS I WANT MY RENO BACK!

[Oct 08, 2008]
J.T. Winders

Strength:

the lemond reno has many strengths..very light weight, great handling, aerodynamic, shifts great, very smooth

the only weakness i can think of is the handle bar tape.. the only thing about it is that it's a light color so..or course.. it's gonna get dirty..no problem changing it though.

Okay...if any of you want a lemond..Go for it!! the lemond reno is by far the best 1.2 bike i've rode yet..it's got it all

[Aug 19, 2008]
KWandie

Strength:

geometry
wheels
looks sweet

saddle
brakes

(2008 model)
Great entry-level road bike for the price. I love the riding position- it works well for a long torso or just for a race-like position. I immediatley swapped out the sora front derailleur for a 105, but it still rubs when I'm in the big chainring. Couldn't stand the saddle after about 100 miles, and replaced it with a terry. Compared to an allez which is about the same price, you get one 105 component (allez is all sora I think) and fancier wheels. The brakes are terrible though.

Trek 1.5
Specialized Allez

[Jun 05, 2007]
Nowno.comheels

Strength:

Component mix,
Frame Geometry,
Brakes and crank

Saddle, pedals

Was looking for a road bike that had a solid frame as a base and reasonable components that owuld not have to be replaced out of the box. I have ridden a number of road bikes over the years genrally building up a frame with parts groups I had, vs a new bike. But the LBS had this one n my size and there was little other than the pedals and seat that I wanted to change out. Heck....I would never bu a carbon seapost for myself. In any event It's a solid fit and a good ride and the tiers are not as bad as some people claim. Heck if I get 2000k on these on the chip-n-seal roads around here I'll be happy. The wheels give alot nicer ride than I would have thought, and the crank is stiff enough....I like the tripe vs, the compact, that is more of a personal preference. The real suprise is the FSA brakes...they stop on a dime....and I'm a clyde, so this really impressed me.

Genreally thsi is a solid allaround bike which is good for fitness and training rides. The Lemond geomtry is sopt on if you like a longer toptube.

Dean 1998 AL, Marin Venziena, Scanttani XLR

[Jun 01, 2007]
Jon Ives

Strength:

Frame geometry is great.
Bike is light.
Bike is fast.
Wheels appear to be light and strong.

I took several other bikes for a test drive, but this is the one that fit the best and was the most comfortable for the price. The Reno is light and fast, and the frame appears to be well built. I love the riding position this bike offers. Best price for a bike with the Tiagra / 105 Shimano mix.

Cannondale CAAD 8 Optimo 2
Specialized Allez Sport
Trek 1000

[Jun 01, 2007]
Dan Thornton

Strength:

Frame design.

Was it the bike shop or the bike? I had a pedal strip the threads of the crank arm and had the other crank arm come loose. My gut feeling is that the build was done hastily and not everything was as tight as it should have been. Both problems happenend within the first 100 miles or riding. The first was a warranty repair (whole new crank) and the second I fixed without a problem. Much more conscious of checking for loose hardware now. The stock pedals are absolutely horrendous. The tires are not nearly as bad as I thought they would be, gauging from other posts.

Excellent introductory bike. Never having a road bike, I was immediately impressed with the responsiveness and feel.

Lemond Tourmalet, Rocky Mountain, and Bianchi.

[May 23, 2007]
will1344

Strength:

Value. I would have had to pay quite a bit more for a similar bike by another brand.

Saddle. I haven't had any problems with the bike itself, but the saddle has to go. I'll have ED in no time with this thing.

This is my first nicer road bike. I have been a mountain biker for years, but just got into road bikes. I tested a ton of similar bikes at shops around town and settled on the LeMond because of its fit and value. Simply put, the bike is great. With the exception of the saddle, I couldn't be more happy with the bike. I use the bike for commuting and recreational riding.

I test rode every similar road bike I could find ... cannondale, a few treks, specialized, felt, giant ...

[Feb 10, 2007]
Bryan Tait

Strength:

good spec for the price, carbon post and forks,

Tyres, also had trouble seating tyres on the bontrager wheelset!!!!

came across the lemond looking for a new bike to suit my type of riding-weekend rides and commutes approx 100/150 weekly, the Reno's geometry suited my needs, its long head tube giving a relaxed riding position,i upgraded the tyres straight away from the not so great bontrager selects to continentals, and the saddle to my choice of seat the selle italia xo,
have had the bike 6 months now and given the choice again i would still choose the Lemond.

Claud Butler Milano (British company)

[Oct 31, 2006]
Gordusmxus

Strength:

The frame! The total bike is much more than the sum of the parts. Brakes are great. Shifting is very good. Wheels seem strong. Stock tires seem fine.

Rear derailler adjustment is problematic- shifts fine but still some chain noise.

This bike is awesome. The frame is the heart of the ride and it has a pedigree road feel that belies its entry level status. On my other bikes I feel perched above them, on this bike I feel like I'm "in it". Despite the negatives stated about some parts on this bike, I've found all components to be very functional, especially the brakes which slowed me from 40mph to 20mph in 2 seconds down a steep grade.