LeMond Bicycles Zurich Road Bike

Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Bontrager Race X-Lite

[Apr 23, 2018]
hobiecoop

Strength:

2005 Zurich, such a sweet ride! Steel is real and the addition of a carbon splin/fork makes it even better. Just finished putting new set of Ultegra 6700-6703(triple) components on it (except for R8000 brakes) and it feels like I'm riding a new bike! New Mavic wheelset last year. After 12 years of riding in comfort (frame, triple crankset), why would I want a different frame? This bike with the new components should last me another 12 years of club rides.

Rust! Twice I've had to remove rust and spot paint, both around the bottom bracket.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2005
[Jul 25, 2016]
Phillip Woolston

Strength:

Simple classic design and very functional, I don't like flashy designs. Very light 19 lbs or so. Combination of 835 remolds steel and carbon.

non that I can find.

All in all this is now my go to bicycle. I still have my 1986 Celeste Bianchi which I love but this bike is so much newer and faster.

[Jan 31, 2013]
Randy Gacke

Strength:

Durability and fairly light weight frame and comfortable ride. Low maintenance and doing a lot things quite well. Also, a very attractive appearance.

Sprinting and hard racing are not where it excells. Not a dog, just not super fast. Other than that, can't think of many negatives.

I've owned my Zurich for nine years. I don't compete but I'm a serious 6' 1" 200lb rider and have put a lot of miles on her. I've had a number of bikes but have never enjoyed riding one more thanI have this one. It's a well rounded bike and does so many things well including going fast. It's a smooth ride without giving up "feeling the road". It's the only bike I've ridden on century's that didn't beat me up pretty good. I bought it when Bicycle Review said it was probably the best value overall for under $2500. I believe they got that right. It 's been a sweat ride!

[Mar 18, 2012]
Michael Copeland

Strength:

just a good solid bike

I've had mine for 10years or more it's teal green or blue I don't know the main fact is that i'm still riding it. The bilke is all I can ask for I'm 6' 215 and ride almost every day

[Sep 05, 2010]
Sean Michael

Strength:

Buttery smooth, tough, real.

Weight.

I had a red Zurich for about 6-7yr. Rode it yr round (including thru 1-3" of snow routinely). It was a commuter and training/racing bike. Saw lots of sprinting from this 190lb 6-3 rider. Very nice bike overall. Steel is real, but not terribly light of course. One day, sprinting from a red light turned green, I felt a snap and heard a crack. Sheared the seat tube at the bottom bracket. After 30,000+mi LeMond gave me $400 credit toward a Versailles. THAT is customer service.

[Oct 01, 2008]
Trekbiker1

Strength:

Ride, acceleration, weight, shifting/braking

The 2004 Lemond Zurich provides an excellent ride and decreases road shock with its carbon-steel frame. It shifts smoothly with its Ultegra group. I'm new to roadbiking but have test ridden a few and this bike out performed and was more comfortable than any other I tried of about the same level of components.

[Aug 07, 2008]
Gene

Strength:

Light,and comfortable

has no character. It is what it is. A nice supple ride that won't inspire to push your limits

This is a do all bike.It has a triple crank and it's light enough to climb anything. It's fast and stiff enough for fast club rides. It's comfortable and compliant enough for all day rides,maybe too comfortable. It doesn't inspire you to ride hard and fast.I bought a used 6yr old Independent Fabrication and the Lemond now sits in the garage. I'm sure if I had a hard century to ride,I would choose the Lemond but not for daily rides.

Name it

[Apr 15, 2008]
James

Strength:

Very smooth and responsive frame. Light weight and great price.

Uncomfortable seat but that is a very personal choice.

This frame is simply amazing. Very responsive to power input. Just a touch more on the pedals and you really feel the bike take-off. Once I swapped to a 100mm 10degree stem the geometry was perfect for me. The bike feels stable at high speeds and handles well in the corners. It really shines on long climbs and out of the saddle sprinting. The Bontrager wheels feel lively & smooth but I only have Shimano R550's to compare them to. Overall, I think this is one great machine and a terrific overall value. Hope Trek keeps making these frames after the split from Lemond.

Felt Z25, Trek Alpha 1000

[Apr 10, 2008]
MM

Strength:

Frame geometry, long top tube and head tube, great for fitting. Ultegra components, durability.

Bontrager race saddle sucked! Bontrager Race wheels are a dog but good for training.

I stick to my earlier review of this bike, it's great! With just over 4500 miles it's still in great condition. No problems at all. I just purchased a Trek 5.2 Madone because it's stiffer and a little faster but the Zurich is no slouch. I'm large, 6'3'' 220lbs, the Zurich can take it trust me! Durable, smooth riding, and fast, if you are thinking of pulling the trigger on one do it. With a real good wheelset this bike comes alive.

Specialized Tarmac Expert Double, Cannondale Synapse.

[Jan 20, 2008]
rideslow

Strength:

Ride quality, appearance, price, uniqueness.

Stock wheels (traded them out). Fork is the heavier Race Lite version, rather than the Race X lite used on the Madone 5.2. But then, the bike is a lot cheaper, and it's not weight that I'll ever notice.

Bike is the 2008 model, with the Ultegra SL group. The ride is incredibly smooth and stable, and sprinting and climbing are fanatastic. Was also considering the Madone 5.2, but I love the understated look of the Lemond--the paint job and basic black and white color scheme are classy. At $2600 (before credit for the wheels), it was about $700 less than the selling price of the Madone 5.2. The geometry appears very similar to the Madone performance fit model. 57 cm frame has a 57.5 cm effective top tube, and a 72.5 degree seat angle. The bike is one of the best values out there. It's just a shame more shops don't stock them (compared to the rows and rows of Treks that are out there). I special-ordered mine, and I've yet to see another Triomphe-series Lemond on the road. Put a nice set of wheels on this bike and you will never see the need to upgrade.

Trek 5500 (rode for the last 7 yrs).