Leopard Cycles DC1 Road Bike

Leopard Cycles DC1 Road Bike

The Leopard DC1 road bike. The former Canadian road champion called it a “cornering cannon”. The DC1 descends on rails and is a top race machine that does very well on rough roads and even dirt trails. Unique chain stay design offers exceptional dampening for such a stiff bike. Tube-to-tube construction Tapered head tube and steerer Frame weight: 870 gms (54cm top tube) 5 star stiffness and 4.5 star comfort 12K weave finish.

[May 26, 2014]
Joe

Strength:

Fantastic bike. Its quick, its stiff, it accelerates well, corners well, truly a fun bike to behold.

Once you ride one you are sucked in and don't want to ride other less capable bikes.

My DC1 is less than a year old and has over 8,000 miles on it, I love/ride the hell out of it.

The company has great customer service and are there for you.

[May 15, 2014]
John Tsamasfyros

Strength:

Stiff, light, smooth and affordable. Custom colors

This is by far the best and fastest bike I have ever ridden. The bike corners perfectly and accelerates from the pack with ease. I've ridden multiple centuries in comfort as well as road races and crits. The frame is very light which enabled me to build a light bike without paying for high end parts. The bike is bomb proof and very easy to maintain and fix if needed.

Wilier Le Roi, Marin Stelvio, Specialized SL3

[Jun 26, 2013]
Trevor

Strength:

Very stiff laterally, but comfortable and compliant ride.
Accelerates like a rocket
Lightweight and agile
Floats up climbs
Accurate and precise handling characteristics. Very confidence inspiring in crit corners and a range of descents.

For what you are buying this frame for, it has no weaknesses. The geometry is aggressive, but it is designed to be fast and have sharp handling. I recommend an M1SL from Leopard if you need a slightly less aggressive geometry, but still want a stiff and phenomenal bike.

Awesome all around bike. Very stiff laterally, but maintains a comfortable and compliant ride. This bike accelerates like a rocket and floats up the climbs. Abandoned my S-Works SL3 tarmac after riding the DC1. The handling of the DC1 is second to none. I am generally a moderately cautious descender while outside of races, but this frame makes me want to push it during training as well as racing. I have about 10k miles on the frame since Nov '12 and absolutely love the thing. No issues and the bike continues to be rock solid.

[Jun 07, 2013]
Joshua Carling

Strength:

super stable front end, stiff bottom bracket, great power transfer, very responsive while climbing. This bike is built for racing.

Bike is built for racing must be happy with aggressive position.

owner of the company deals with you directly and is a wonderful guy that will help you whenever he can.

[May 30, 2013]
Chuck Hutcheson

Strength:

Has remained stiff despite many 400 mile weeks, foul weather and a crash.

I wish I had gotten a different color. White just doesn't work for me. Next time!

Well, now that I have had my DC1 for six months, I feel I can write a review from experience. I have had many race seasons where bikes were provided for me, and this has been my first that I had to procure one myself - so naturally I wanted a bike that can withstand the abuse of training, possibly crashing, and still hold stiff and responsive enough to compete in the domestic 1,Pro peleton. The DC1 has carried me through (thank God!). I train on many dirt and gravel roads and the DC1 has remained stiff - I wish I could say the same about my wheels! Here is a photo of the first race I used my DC1 in, this is the final sprint between myself and current US Pro National Champion in Fast Freddy Rodriguez in late February: http://someoneisalwaysfaster.tumblr.com/post/44011899823/inch-by-inch-fast-freddy-nipped-by-charles

[May 30, 2013]
Jon Christensen

Strength:

This is a great bike. I consider myself an all arounder in cycling, from sprinting to breakaways and climbing. The Leopard is there for me every race. It works great for me on climbs from the 18 mile climb of Mt Hamilton to the short and steep hills of Berkeley, it also is great for criteriums eating up the 8 corner crits like they are nothing, and are great for flying through the last corner and delivering you to the finish in first! This is a superb bike that performs better and costs less than all of the other top of the line bike brands,

I have ridden/raced thousands of miles on it so far and I have nothing to complain of.

Amazing bike for a great price.

[May 21, 2013]
Jarret

Strength:

Light
Quick and nimble through big descents and in tight packs
Stiff but not unforgiving in the long hauls
Quick and comfortable up climbs that are long or short and snappy
Solid geometry
Race proven
Great customer service - Dean Peters is awesome!

None.

I love it. Recently upgraded from a Look 585 ultra. Great bike but i love the fit/feel/responsiveness of my Leopard. My favorite part is clicking up two gears in the last corner and stomping those last 200 meters. I feel like one with my machine across the line with the pack BEHIND me! I would highly suggest the DC1 for anyone who wants to step into a performance machine. I am a racer and love it for the performance it gives me but i could see myself cruising or group riding this bike as well. Great price for the performance. Support Bay Area and local business. Excellent customer service. Wealth of knowledge about racing/health/fitness and riding in general.

[May 15, 2013]
marshall jones

Strength:

The Leopard DC1 is, without question, my favorite bike. I purchased the DC1 in 2009, and have never wanted to ride anything else since my first ride. This bike is light, fast, comfortable and more responsive than any frame I have ridden. It will push you to go faster, and climb better. I recently replaced dura ace 7800 for dura ace 9000, I have Ritchey Carbon WCS post/stem/bar, with a fizik saddle and mavic SLR wheels...Complete bike weighs 14.6lbs. Despite its weight, the bike descends like a rocket, and with complete confidence and control. It is hard to find a bike of this caliber for this price and a company who is dedicated to producing the highest quality bikes. These frames have a lifetime warranty and Leopard will take care of you. Another benefit is the ability to custom paint your frame however you like. This bike is not just a great bike because the price is lower than other bikes of this caliber...The DC1 is simply a phenomenal bike.

Phenomenal bike, great price, outstanding company.

[Feb 14, 2013]
Dennis Hopp

Strength:

Stiff, light, great looking, super tough. In one word - ROCKET

None! This is a complete performance machin for any type of riding you put it through. It will perform way above your expectations.

I have been riding and racing on the DC1 from Leopard now for 2 years. If I could describe this bike in a word it would be - ROCKET. This fit was perfect for me (I ride a 56cm) right from the time I rolled it on its maiden voyage. It accelerates quick and precise with a feel like no other bike I have ridden. You feel totally connected to this bike and when you command it to go in any direction within the blink of your eye. It complies quickly with the grace and speed of its name plate. Long rides are comfortable. The unique high bottom bracket design along with the carbon weave and geometry sets this bike along side the other very high end machines on the market but with a very cool name - LEOPARD! If you are looking for an all around high performace machine that you can custom paint in the colors of your choice then the DC1 from Leopard should be your choice. You will definetly like the way it looks and performs in all aspects of your rides. I love this bike so much I purchased 2 of them! Yes 2 of them! One that I train on and one that I race on.

[Dec 11, 2012]
Birgit Cory

Strength:

quick, snappy and solid

Often during the winter I will ride a different bike due to the wet roads or the type of training, and it amazes me how different two bikes can indeed feel and handle. Without doubt, I feel more confident and quicker on my DC1.