Litespeed Icon Road Bike

Litespeed Icon Road Bike

• Double butted head tube for lower weight
  • Litespeed titanium 3/2.5 G.E.T. (Geometric Enhanced Tubeset)
  • Litespeed Titanium seat tube designed to be offset
  • Litespeed Titanium G.E.T. WRAP

[Aug 11, 2010]
Black Dog

Strength:

Stiff enough.
Compliant ride.
Lifetime Durability.
Excellent handling.
Light Enough.

Very minor cosmetic details.

Been on my new ride since the spring and I am more than happy with it. I came off a Jamis Zenith with full Dura-ace and the same wheels that I am using on the Litespeed. The Icon is as light as the Jamis and just as stiff. However, the ride is better on the Icon. Certainly more compliant. Since I am using the same wheels, saddle and cockpit I feel that I have some ground to make this claim. The build quality is good, not perfect, I have seen better Ti masterpieces. This is not a complaint, it is more than good enough. I ride bikes and do not show them. It rides very well.

The handling is very good. It is well balanced and responsive without being twitchy. It is super stable on the descents and corners very well.

I know that I will have this frame for a long long time.

None. 1st Ti bike.

[Apr 19, 2010]
T Schlitz

Strength:

Comfortable ride.

Clearcoat peels.

The bike is great as far as ride goes but the company is HORRIBLE as far as customer service goes. The bike had a KNOWN manufacturing defect (peeling clear coat). I had to tear down and send the frame back to American Bicycle Group for refinishing at my own expense even though they knew of the clearcoat issue and 60 days later NO follow up, NO bike. I was told that they had downsized. Downsized to the point of not being able to service the customers who have already purchased their products. I was given CEO,Peter Hurley's email and he refuses to follow up with a VERY unhappy customer as well. My advice for anyone on the fence, BUY LYNSKEY...not Litespeed or any other American Bicycle Group product for that matter.

[Sep 19, 2009]
Ronald

Strength:

Not carbon
Handmade in USA and in my hometown
Will last a lifetime
Repairable

Bottom bracket isn't as stiff as highend carbon

I decided to purchase a Ti bike despite the offerings available in carbon. The ride is like nothing else out there. Very smooth and fast. The handling is very nice and predictable. While it doesn't have the ultimate BB stiffness of a high end carbon bike, it does climb really well. I'm only 2 minutes off my PR on a local climb I used to do 10 years ago. I'm sure I could match it if I could ride more. Descending is a dream. The flex it does have makes the bike very comfortable and sure footed at high speeds.

I was particular about the seat angle on this bike because I found bikes I used in the past (49 or 50cm frames) didn't have a slack seat angle. The Icon was .5 degrees more slack than I had used in the past. This allowed me to set my saddle farther back than I had been able to in the past and use a more normal setback seatpost.

Litespeed Siena
Specialized Tarmac '07
Specialized Elite CroMo '04
Cannondale CAAD9,8,7,Optimo,4

[Sep 13, 2009]
lunky

Strength:

Not a carbon frame in a carbon world.
Seems fast, I am faster on this bike.
Weighs about 17 lbs.
Ti frame will last nearly forever without loosing stiffness and etc.

Litespeed decals are ugly and clear coated over the labels (problem to remove?)
Expensive frame
Common brand for Ti
Not a carbon frame in a carbon world

I have over 3000 miles on this bike and I have grown more attached to it over time. It is not the hottest looking bike but I think it is a fast bike, but not the lightest. It seems to do everything well but not great with the exception of the ride quality. Handles well on fast descents.

Serotta Fierte