Litespeed Tuscany Dura Ace 10 Speed Road Bike

Rear Der: Shimano Dura-Ace SS
Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria Rubino Pro

Wadi   Road Racer [Aug 11, 2008]
Strength:

Strong yet still light and will last.
A lifetime warranty on the frame gives some sound of mind.

Nothing..

However my Mavic SL2's cracked up at about 2 years 2 months after buying them and Mavic would not do anything for me. So be carefull with Mavic SL's. They are a high end light but soft wheel. Following that I went on to Mavix CXP33 and had a bomb proof set made up with DT swiss champ spokes and ultegra hubs. I also had another pair of CXP33's built up with DT Swiss Revolution Spokes and dura-ace hubs for racing. Anyways that's my gripe with SL's

I went from a Merida Alloy frmae to a 2002 Tuscany to this the 2006 Tuscany.

The 2006 Tuscany is 'tuff'. yet light enough to race at a fairly competitve level.

Out of all the litespeeds I have only ever heard of the Vortex cracking up and this is mostly due to Litespeed really pushing the boundaries of performance. When you push the envelope like that there is always going to be potential for it fail. This is where the Tuscany comes into its own. It is made from the thicker and more robust 3/2.5 Ti and still they have managed to push through diamond shaped tubes which makes the whole thing look apart from everything else out there.

It's not carbon and riding around on a shinny aggressive looking thing like the Tuscany is a real buzz in itself. No one has one. except for my friends who chose to buy one after eyeing of mine for awhile. he he.

Anyways Carbon breaks up easy and it is a disposable bike. However carbon is super light. This is not a bad thing if you are a pro and the companies throw a new bike at you every year. But if you are going to invest $4 to $10k in a bike, I would expect you want something that will go the distance and still perform.

Check out the litspeed factory tour. You should be able to watch on youtube. They do a couple of test by running an F-Truck over tubes of Alloy, Carbon and Ti. The Ti comes out pretty much the same the others fall to bits.

It's a simple logical process stronger material means stronger product.

I have used my Tuscany for racing crits every second weekend. The ironman and long distance road rides. It does well in all of them.

Similar Products Used: 2002 Tuscany
69chevelle70   Recreational Rider [Feb 10, 2008]
Strength:

Everything about it!!!

None yet other than initial price but it's titanium so I would expect to pay for a lifetime frame.

Bought this fram from another Road review member, Built it up with a Full DuraAce Group, Zipp 404's, Easton Ec90 post, Look Carbon Keos.
All I can Say is WOW. Upgraded from a Cannondale Six/13 ( great bike)but this is another level, stiff on accel, forgiving on rough stuff,and the frame build quality is unreal. I'll never buy another carbon bike again..Ti for me!!

Similar Products Used: Cannondale Six/13
tuscanybill   Recreational Rider [Nov 21, 2005]
Strength:

Stiffness, light overall weight, Quality

none as of yet

Anyone looking for a great all-around road bike would do themselves well to look into the Tuscany. The 3/2.5 tube-set is very forgiving on the stone-chip roads in PA. I am a average to strong/average rider and the bike really unlocks me. I was fitted with the fit/kit system for the first time on this bike, a minor change to my old fit and the order was in. Overall comfort is the single thing that comes to mind, then handling, and finaly the build quality. The Mavic Ksyriums (SL's) have been great, only work needed was a lubing of the freehub (easy to do by the way). The D/A group has been trouble free in the first 1700 miles. I did change to a wippermann 10S1 chain (just something to do) that improved frount shifting very noticably, (hope that it last a long time).

Similar Products Used: 1999 Jamis Quest (steel).