Litespeed Tuscany Dura Ace 9 Speed Road Bike

Rear Der: Shimano Dura-Ace SS
Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria Rubino Pro

gearnut54   Recreational Rider [Jul 02, 2008]
Strength:

Bombproof, light, stiff, great all-around bike. Even better when you can get a good used one. And since it's a Ti frame, it can't wear out with too much riding, unlike a used carbon frame.

None so far. I doubt I will find any.

After read1ng numerous reviews, I sold my Trek 5000 (triple/105-Ultegra) for this '01 Tuscany. It originally came with DA 9-spd groupo, but the first ride revealed that the shifter for the rear was completely shot. Seller reimbursed $150, so I upgraded to DA 10spd and eventually changed to a Shimano Compact Crank. I also ride a 50th anniversary Schwinn Paramount, so I'm partial to metal over carbon. The Tuscany is comfy but plenty stiff to aid in accelerations and climbings. I've been having lower back pain on long descents, so went to get professionally fitted. Turns out that at my age (53), I need higher bars (at least level with the seat) but the previous owner had cut too much of the stem. So I will be swapping the stock Litespeed Reynolds fork with a new Reynolds Ouzo Pro, which is much lighter and more comfy. Since my frame is a 55cm, I checked with Litespeed and they told me that this frame that year was spec'd around a fork with a 40mm rake. That was a bit harder to find, but I did get one. Amidst the plethora of plastic bikes out there, I love riding against the trend, and riding a Litespeed Tuscany Ti bike is no compromise.

Similar Products Used: Trek 5000 (Bontrager, Shimano 105/Ultegra mix, Race Lite Wheels/hubs
Schwinn Paramount 50th Anniv, DA 10spd, Bontrager RaceXLite Wheels