Litespeed Tuscany Ultegra Road Bike

Rear Der: Shimano Ultegra SS
Pedals: Not applicable
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria Rubino Pro

yobiker111   Recreational Rider [Aug 06, 2008]
Strength:

Very nice for long hauls, perfect century bike, lite enough, no paint to chip, looks OK.

Not as stiff as 6/4 frame, but that is why I bought it...comfort. However, during tough climbs when I need to push hard, frame feels loose. Unlike Blade or Ultimate...or most upper level Al frames for that matter.

I love this frame as it is so comfortable. I bought it to complete my first century and to race duathlon with my kids. As it turnes out I wound up tearing my ACL and being unable to ride/run without pain for almost a year and a half.

One of my favorite bike shops in the country ( I have shopped and hung out at lots of them in lots of different places), Epic Bikes in McDonough Ga helped me dial in the bike. I don't get paid to advertise but I gotta say these guys r great....all of them are riders and not just investors.

There is such a difference with Ti that I may never go to anything else???
I may get a chance to try the century this year and I'm sure I'll use the Tuscany

Similar Products Used: Litespeed Blade, Centurion Iorn Man Master, Kona Jake the Snake, Merlin Fat Ti ( it's Ti so it's similar..same cool ride just off road )
pjpinella   Recreational Rider [May 17, 2007]
Strength:

Engineering. The design is simple, elegant and lean. Welds are expertly done and nothing has been added without a purpose. The bike feels solid, there are no rattles and the simple design feels like it will ride a long time with little maintenance.

None yet, although the Shimano R450 wheels I have on here don't have the best reviews I've seen. But wheels are easy to replace

I was tempted by carbon bikes, but ultimately chose the Litespeed titanium Tuscany and I'm glad I did. The bike handles nimbly, accelerates fast and is much easier to pedal uphill than my old steel Nishiki touring style bike. I purchased the bike second hand from the original owner, who had only put a few hundred miles on it.

Similar Products Used: Specialized carbon fiber bikes, Nishiki steel bike
stickney   Recreational Rider [Aug 15, 2005]
Strength:

Frame and Ultegra components. I love not worrying about corrosion or fatigue life of Ti. The ride is also a nice compromise.

My Tuscany came with Litespeed's (Amer. Bicycle Group) house brand Real-Design wheelset and fork. I am not sold on the wheelset, but the fork seems ok.

Just purchased this bike and am writing a brief review only for the purposes of aiding individuals looking for a 2005 closeout. The Tuscany so for is what I expected. A compromise between steel and aluminum. I am still dialing in the fit, but have been happy with comfort, speed, and feel thus far. The Real-Design wheels are likely not robust for me. They are 20/24 spokes and though they have held up so far I fear they are not designed for a large rider like myself (though Real-Design claims no weight limit). The Ultegra is an excellent component group. The Bike came with ITM bar and stem that seem more than adaquate. The stock Vittoria rubber will be replaced in time by Contintenal Gatorskins. My fitness has fallen off recently, so I have yet to accurately gauge the bike's performance. I am happy with everything, but the Fizik Arrione saddle, which I am attempting to "break-in" -- but I may just need to swap it out.

Similar Products Used: This is my first serious bicycle after having ridden an early 90s Trek 1200. The litespeed is a definite step up and seemed to fit my needs better than the carbon, aluminum, and steel bikes I test rode.
gabiker   Recreational Rider [Aug 09, 2004]
Strength:

Fairly light, stiff, very comfortable especially on long rides and accelerates extremely well.

The wheels I ordered with mine were the Real Design Supersonics. I had problems with 2 back wheels and upgraded for a small charge to Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL's which I am totally happy with.

This bike is awesome. It accelerates like a Porche, descends like a laser beam and is as comfortable as a Cadillac so what more can I say. I used to be a little timid about going down hill's to fast, but now I just let her go and she does go. My average speed has increased a couple mph since I started riding the Tuscany, however I would have gained some of that on my other bike. The only thing I can say is if you interested in one just but it. You won’t regret it.

Similar Products Used: Lemond Zurich, Trek 5200.
Mattbikeboy   Recreational Rider [Apr 02, 2004]
Strength:

Stiff where it needs to be. arching seat stays take the edge off sharp impacts. Kysrium Elites holding up well to my weight.

None yet!

Great ride and handling. My 1st road bike since the mid 1980s. Ti frame is definately worth the $. New design for '04 is plenty stiff for my 240lbs. I forgot what a rush it is to run 50mph on skinny tires.

Similar Products Used: Trek 5200, Giant tcr2 & tcr3, Cannondale r2000, Specialized Allez m4 -- all test rode before buying the Tuscany.