Lynskey Performance Designs Cooper Road Bike

The Lynskey Cooper is a real smooth operator. Its oversized cold-worked tube set lends the stiffness and handling you’re after while the geometry and the magic of titanium impart the comfort you demand.

Developed from both our racing and Gran Fondo traditions, the Lynskey Cooper is a real smooth operator. Its oversized cold-worked tube set lends the stiffness and handling you’re after, while the geometry and the magic of titanium impart the comfort you demand.

Jon Hazen   [Aug 21, 2014]
Strength:

Titanium ride (like butter... the downhills are amazing!), good fit, and its beautiful to ride.

Not a thing I can think of...

I bought this frane from Lynskey during a half off frame event with a Lynskey fork. Previously, I was riding an old Trek 5500 with an Ultegra gruppo. I pushed all of the parts from my old bike to my new one-- saved a little more jack-- and now I have beautiful new Titanium ride for under 2k.
Initially, the ride felt a little noodly on the climbs-- it did not seem to have the get-up/go that my 5500 had. However, I believe that was more the motor's fault, not the frame's...
This bike is amazing on the downhills: there is no wobble at speed (I'm looking forward to heading towards some mountain pass roads that'll bump me up to 50mph to see what that feels like) and it carves up the corners nicely.
For the money-- and also for the factor that you don't see Ti everyday-- this is an amazing bike. No complaints-- except that there aren't enough hours in the day to ride her, sometimes!

Lawrence Gibel   [Jul 02, 2014]
Strength:

fast and efficient: acclerates and climbs as well as larger tubed carbon frames; tracks well and easy to control but turns quickly and easily; ride is very comfortable with good dampening. Frame is set up to take generic, off the shelf threaded bottom bracket, head set and 27.2 mm seatpost.

the only weakness I can identify is that the titanium gets hot when left out in the afternoon New Mexico sun!

I just got back from a 60 mile ride, up into the mountains outside Albuquerque with about 3200 vertical feet gain/loss.

Fourth ride on the Lynskey in three days, and I realize that I'm just beginning to learn about the qualities of the frame. It rides very well. It is efficient and quick. It is very vibration absorbing; it reacts to harsh bumps with good control and comfort. It turns quicker than other endurance type frames I have ridden but still tracks well and today had remarkable stability in cross winds. During descents I got it up to 40 mph in 20 mph tail/ cross winds and 30 mph is heavy cross winds and the bike maintained stability very nicely.

I'm riding it with a Campy Record triple grupo, open pro rims, DT revolution spokes, and a LOOK carbon fiber fork/alloy steering tube, Campy carbon fiber seat post and an older Selle Italia Max Flite saddle.

At this point I feel the Lynskey Cooper is the nicest performing frame I have ever ridden.

The Cooper is about 0.7 lb heavier than some of its carbon fiber competitors. I feel this is insignificant given its efficiency and riding characteristics. Weight is only one factor in determining performance. Additionally there is the benefit of threaded bottom bracket (easier and more bullet proof than some of the pressed in bearing arrangements), and non-proprietary, external bearing headset. I feel the durability and reparability of titanium is also a significant advantage over carbon.

I was hesitant to purchase the frame without a test ride. I contacted Don Erwin, at Lynskey. While he could not identify any local source for me to test ride the bike he encouraged me to purchase and try the frame; if I wasn't satisfied I could send it back or a full refund.

BOTTOM LINE: I THINK IT IS A GREAT FRAME AND REALLY LIKE IT.

It's made in the USA and I can actually talk to the people who design and make them.

warren   [Jun 24, 2014]
Strength:

Everything absolutely fantastic

Nothing at all

This is all the bike anyone could ever need its beautiful to ride. I've built mine up with the latest ultegra group set and wheels and it rides sublimely,i don't want to get off it! It handles superbly,corners and climbs like a mountain goat and it doesn't leave you beat up like a carbon bike does as it seems to glide over less than perfect road surfaces. All in all i love my Cooper.

Rob   [Jun 17, 2014]
Strength:

For the money, you cannot beat this frame. Perfect balance between stiffness, compliance in road handling and absorbing the bumps and vibrations during long Century rides.

Straight tubing, so it maybe a bit heavy when compared to other frames. Another way to look at it, your getting more Titanium for the money.

I put just over 5000 miles on this frame in less than a year. The Cooper can do everything. Club Ride throw downs, chasing KOM's, long Century rides, gravel grinds, Rule #5 rides, the Ti can take all punishment. It's like having 3 or 4 different bikes in one frame. Built it up with ENVE components, Ultegra drivetrain and HED Belgium's. The most impressive characteristic was how nice the bike handles. It corners like an F1 car and rides like it's on rails thanks to Ti...the maneuverability is superb. The Ti vibration damping on long Century rides works...your less fatigued. If you can find one used...grab it. ENVE fork is a must...no wobble at all at high speeds.

Richard Andrew   [Aug 13, 2013]
Strength:

The ability to 'soak up' vibrations caused by poor road conditions. The fact that this frame will last forever.!

None.

I have now owned a Lynskey Cooper frame for over 2 years, & am still totally delighted everytime I ride it. I built it up with a quality set of parts, a Sram Red groupset & Zipp 202 tubular wheelset, plus a full carbon fork, bars & seatpin. It climbs like a mountain goat, handles superbly, & due to the light weight accelerates like a Ferrari. Add to this that you don't see them every day, (unlike the Carbon fibre Giant it replaced) and you really do have a sense of well being riding something so special, or at least I do.!

Aaron   [Jul 31, 2013]
Strength:

Frame – light and stiff, but not harsh

Finger prints show on the Ti frame, a minor issue that is easily addressed

I wanted a bike that was comfortable on long rides, but also lively and responsive. The Cooper fit the bill perfectly. The frame provides great feel, but also soaks up a lot of road buzz and chatter. When sprinting or climbing hills, the frame demonstrates no bottom bracket flex. The frame inspires confidence on descents and tracks very well through turns.

With respect to value, the Cooper is hard to beat. Fit and finish are excellent, and the frame will probably outlast the rider. Lynskey takes pride in its products and it shows.

Finally, Lynskey provides outstanding customer services. Questions are answered promptly. The staff is knowledgeable, courteous and professional.

Jim   [Jun 26, 2013]
Strength:

Everything.

Nothing.

I have put about 2000 miles on my Cooper in the past three months. I don't have a whole lot of experience with many different road frames, so I can't really comment on ride quality, stiffnes, etc., but I also have absolutely zero complaints in these departments. I really couldn't be happier. What I can say is that I love the confidence that titanium inspires...its the "set it and forget it" of frame materials. Short of getting creamed by a car, I know nothing will bother my frame.

James   [Feb 05, 2013]
Strength:

Ti- frame, what else is there to say!

FSA wheelset broke in under a year. The 105 FD froze in 3 months. The seat post clamp broke in under 9 mos.

Upgrade the wheelset, more important for clydesdales.

jo løvbrøtte   [Dec 17, 2012]
Strength:

The Frame!

Sweat and oil does not come off easily!

Unless your bodyfat percentage is in the single digits, look no further. The heaviest frame of Lynskey will leave you at the back of the peloton going uphill, but having a "tank" between your legs going downhill will bring you back up among the turbulencemakers before you can say "give way".
Needless to say. I love my Cooper!
Plastic bikes are for skinny italians! My fatcovered giant legmuscles deserves the strength and smoothness of this frame!
Weighing in at 105 kgs (sorry for the kgs, I am from Scandinavia) I have never felt more confident on a bike!
I recently spent 2000 km (here we go again) on my Lynskey going up and down on Gran Canaria (google it!). GC is mountainous terrain packed with cyclists from all over Europe. All but one riding plastic bikes!
As I said, going uphill can be somewhat.......tough! And it is not the bike, it is me!
Going down.........holy swordfish (local treat), is something completely different! On TUFO tubular clinchers, flat bar steering, I feel like Bode Miller!!!! I am now so confident that I need to calm down!
I could go on for.....until my bottle of cheap spanish wine (I am still at GC) is empty, but wil round off by saying.......Thanx Lynskey (and TUFO) for giving me such a good time!...............well....giving.....you should work on the prices! :)))))))

TIM   [Nov 27, 2012]
Strength:

Looks great. Smooth and quiet.

It's winter and I can't ride it as much as I want

Just received my Cooper. The purchase and delivery were exceptional. Jack and Don were very, very helpful. This is my first Ti bike so I have a lot to learn. The bike looks fantastic, it rides so smooth and quiet. Excited about the warm November weekend upcoming. Did I say the bike looks great?