Lynskey Performance Designs R150 Road Bike

Responsive, quick, nimble, but buttery smooth for your epic solo adventures out on the road. Designed with a sport geometry to provide efficient power transfer and the ability to fly down the steepest descents.

GarzaAlfredo   Recreational Rider [Nov 13, 2017]

Light and responsive frame, soaks extremely well irregularities on the road, easy to haul it on the hills, did I say is really comfortable?

This is my first Titanium bike, probably my last? I've been a cyclist for more than 10 years but I got my first road bike around 2004 which was a used Magistroni steel frame. Then some years later bought a 2011 Benotto 850 new, these bike was all aluminum included the fork, it was very uncomfortable as it will rattle all your body. Years later continued using aluminum bikes, Motobecane Super Strada, Bianchi Via Nirone, still was not happy with the way the road felt using aluminum.

Titanium road feeling is very similar sensation to the one you get riding a cromoly frame albeit it is lightweight and has the same springy feel. I can easily finish a century without feeling tired due to road shackling.
The model I bought is the 30th Anniversary offered in 2016 with etched graphics, black handlebar tape (instead of white), stock configuration with Full Shimano 105 5800, Vision 25 wheelset.

The only parts I did change was the seatpost with a titanium one bought at eBay (Chinese, seems to also soak some of the buzz of the road), Specialized Toupe+ Saddle (the stock saddle is very uncomfortable).

Paid around $2,000 USD for the bike which was a steal for me, prior to knowing Lynskey I was thinking on getting a Motobecane LeChampion Ti SL which had Ultegra 6800 and was $200 USD more expensive, but in the end I'm glad I found the Lynskey just in time I was thinking in bitting the bullet for the Moto, the geometry on the Lynskey is spot on with my height; 6'1" with a taller headtube and short effective top tube compared to the Moto 56, the Moto 59 may be just a tad bigger due to the excessive reach. The staff at Lynskey were also very helpful helping me to decide the small details such as the stem length. Didn't hesitate even though I don't live in the US, this was almost a blind buy.

Highly recommended bike, I do realize this is their "entry" bike, but on the peloton I can even outperform other cyclist with high-end carbon bikes, I can even hammer it when riding over tough terrain, titanium just gives you confidence, not the same can be said with carbon.