Lynskey Performance Designs R260 Road Bike

Lynskey Performance Designs R260 Road Bike

The R260 is a great riding and comfort bike due to adding curved seat stays, the oversized and bi-axially ovalized performance driven tubeset, symmetrically swaged chain stays and standard English threaded BB remain the structural foundation of the R260.

[Nov 09, 2017]
TJF

Strength:

Beautiful fit and finish, smooth ride but efficient, climbs well, descends amazingly. Great clearance for wider tires.

A bit heavy (compared to my carbon bike) but I knew that before I purchased it. The weight does not seem to affect the ride at all.

I recently acquired my 2018 R 260 Disc directly from Lynskey, fully built. I was looking at an R 250 that was on special but I dithered and by the time I placed the order it was gone. I am actually glad it was because I then looked at the new 260 (2018) and quickly bought it. For those who like the looks of ti but have shied away from the expense (like me), check out Lynskey. The prices are very reasonable and they often have specials. The bike arrived well-packaged and protected, one month and two days after I placed my order. I got it out of the box, made the few necessary adjustments (added pedals, turned the stem, installed the handlebars, installed the front tire, switch to a favorite seat) and took it on a 48 mile group ride the following morning. One trip around the neighborhood first to adjust the seat. The fit was perfect with stock geometry. My dealings with the company were also great. They are very accessible to answer questions by telephone or electronic chat. I called several times and they (Michael and Neal) patiently answered all my questions.

The bike is beautiful; industrial mill finish and etching look classy and the titanium has a glow that you can't stop looking at. The welds seem really cleanly done; fit and finish are perfect. It garnered a lot of attention and discussion in the parking lot before the ride.

The ride itself was a nice combination of hills and flats and the Lynskey shined (shone?) in each condition. I am no racer but enjoy faster group rides. It felt snappy on the flats, efficient on the hills, and descended as if it were on rails. The ride was comfortable throughout and despite some long tough hills, I felt great afterwards. No neck or back pain which I sometimes get on my carbon bike.

In conclusion, I literally have no nits to pick with this bike; it looks and rides great. I highly recommend it.