Lynskey Performance Designs R320 Road Bike

Lynskey Performance Designs R320 Road Bike

Experience all new Shimano 11 Speed in their 6800 Ultegra platform on your new R230, or upgrade your groupset based on your preference.

The R230 sports a relaxed club rider geometry and a competition tuned tube-set that’ll satisfy every aspiring enthusiast’s dream. Get ready to lead, not follow, your next group ride.

The R230’s competition heritage and long distance comfort produces smiles and turns heads sporting the all new Shimano Ultegra 6800 drivetrain. Paired with our new Carbon Sport road fork, reliable and comfortable FSA cockpit, and Mavic's traditionally stable Aksium wheelset, this complete bike package should check all your podium ready new bike boxes.

[Jan 19, 2011]
Philsbfl

Strength:

Very stiff and makes you look good on the hills! Signed frame is a nice touch.

Doesn't make a fat bloke look any skinnier!

Unless Lynskey roll out identical paint jobs (and I don't think so), then the frame in your review picture is mine! Got it on vacation in Hollywood as an ex demo and bought it on the plane with me back to Australia. What a ride! 7,000km (4500 miles) and counting. Would have been more except I developed a kidney problem which slowed me down for a couple months. I'm 5'8" and this puppy fits like a glove.

There's nothing like it. Well, possibly my mates Litespeed.

[Apr 26, 2010]
Juanmoretime

Strength:

Tubing shapes are not only beautiful but very functional.
Stiffness level very high. A firm I'm a race bike ride yet not so harsh you feel trashed later.Tasteful lazer etched graphics. Working with Jack at Lynskey. He listened to my needs and made a recommendation. The R320 is a lifer!

What?

This review is for a 2008 R320. I came off a Titus titanium on to this. The its was 95% of everything great. The Lynskey hit a 100%. Fit is the key and this frame was a road map to perfection. The quality of the ride is awesome. The bikes ability to track on rough pavement or while cornering, defending or ascending is second to nine. My M/L came in at 1244 grams and I built it into a 12.67 lb daily rider. At that weight so for in the 2.5 years I have had it's seen about 18,000 miles so far.

Litespeed Vortex, Classic and Titus Solera.

[Apr 21, 2010]
jfinnell

Strength:

Light, with very little flex on the back end.

None to speak of, I've yet to find a problem with this guy.

Great ride. More of a mountain bike guy, but this more than serves my purposes. Feels super comfortable, especially on longer rides.

Litespeed Classic, Litespeed Ultimate

[Jun 03, 2009]
lawr

Strength:

Solid, fast, comfortable (eats up the bumps). Finish is beautiful. It picks up speed very well. I don't feel any flex (I asked for it stiff). The Sram Red is precise and very fast. The Dura Ace cassette and chain make it quiet. The wheels are strong and comfortable. The fork doesn't flex and yet is not harsh.

Haven't found any.

This is a review of a Lynskey R330 Houseblend Custom (2009). Price was frame only. Parts and assembly at local LBS.

I read many reviews here, considered many bikes and hope this helps. I have ridden the bike for 1 month.

The process began with a fitting by Paul Levine in NYC but I didn't buy the Serotta because of cost. This was on sale - $1000 less. I road a Specialized Roubaix Comp for 2.5 years (after a back injury) but was never comfortable because of my long legs and short torso. I used to do about 3000 Km's a summer but so far in the month of May alone I have done 1000 Km's. Fit and comfort are great. I'm 56, 6', 190 lbs and fairly athletic. If you think you will be happier on a custom bike do your homework and go for it. The best thing I've done in terms of exercise etc...

I'm doing about 200 Km's a week now. The Sram Red and the Dura Ace wheels and Edge fork are major upgrades - and make the experience superlative.

I dealt with Jack in sales and David Lynskey. The experience was excellent. They are organized, on top of details and delivered when they said they would.

I wouldn't change anything on the bike. It has fulfilled my expectations which were high given the cost.

And yes, I told the wife it would be the last bike. It will be for some time - I love it.

Pics are posted in the "Bikes, Frames..." section - "My New Lynskey R330 Houseblend Custom"

Specialized Roubaix Comp (2006) 105/ Ultegra mix with Easton EA 90 SLX wheels

[Nov 24, 2008]
psycho_on_bianchi

Strength:

Solid feel, is stays dirty most of the time and it doesn't really appear to be so. It met my requirements and even exceeded some.

I haven't encountered any yet.

Bike is a 2008 but that option wasn't available.

This is truly a wonderful offering by the original family of Litespeed. I got mine in late September, just in time for the Texas Time Trials. I was reluctant using this bike for such an event, I only had 30 miles of riding it under my belt at the time. I managed a 3rd place in the 204 hour event where the winner was also riding a Lynskey.

I broke a high end Italian racing frame which was my reason for shopping to begin with. My biggest concern was getting the fit and feel I had grown to love from a semi compact frame.

After 2500+ miles, I can truly say I really love this bike. The solid feel is reassuring when blistering down a hill at 50+ and this bike has that. It also is stiff for climbing as well.

I have done several long rides on this. Many of the well over 100 miles including a 300k over the past weekend. If it wasn't 38 degrees, I could have kept rolling.

[Oct 18, 2008]
tigger590

Strength:

Awesome stiffness, better ride than carbon, lighter and excels on climbs. Absolutely smooooth over rough roads. I'm going to buy a Lynskey cyclocross bike next.

No motor.

My Trek Carbon frame developed a crack, so I had to buy a new frame. For the price of a high end carbon frame I could start thinking Titanium. I have a Litespeed mtn bike that I love, so I figured I'd go straight back to the source, Mr Lynskey himself. They gave me a great deal on a Level 3 frame, which honestly is far more capable than I ever will be.

Litespeed Ocoee Mountain Bike

[Sep 30, 2008]
onlineflyer

Strength:

Stiff, fast, comfortable, outstanding welds and quality. You can't ask for anything more in a bike.

None whatsoever. High price but well worth the expense.

OMG! What an outstanding bike. I never believed a frame could make such a difference. My obsession has been lugged frames, steel preferred due to their supple ride and good handling characteristics. While my steel steeds are really nice riding bikes, my new Lynskey is truly unbelievable. It is remarkably fast, stable at speed and more comfortable than any bike I've ridden. I'm an aging rider (old is relative) who has always struggled to stay with the pack. Not anymore! I recently completed a century and I lead much of the way. Everyone mentioned it was the best they ever saw me ride. The secret was my Lynskey. I can truly state I easily maintain a 2-3mph advantage over the other bikes in the stable. The ride is stiff but not abusive. It is far and away the most comfortable, fastest, best handling bike I've ridden. Push the peddle and every ounce of energy is transferred to the wheels -- absolutely nothing is lost. Thank you Mark and David Lynskey for an outstanding product. Quality is top notch as is customer service. Even though I did not purchase the frameset from the factory, they answered every question I had and set my mind at ease in purchasing a frameset that I've never ridden.

Colnago Master X-Light, Time Edge, Waterford 2200, Titus Drop-u, Colnago Superissimo, Raleigh Professional, Giant ONCE, others I don't

[Aug 12, 2008]
Mitchell Hollon

Strength:

Bombproof, very comfortable ride, cutting edge tube design, cool decals and medallion. Customer Service from Lynskey Performance is superb. The cost seems reasonable. These are the guys who first made titanium frames widely available back in 1986.

The Lynskey name and connection to titanium frames is probably not well known -- I found it totally by accident. I suppose waiting four weeks on a stock frame is a bit of a detraction, but a minor one in my opinion.

By pure serendipity, I discovered that the Lynskeys were back in business selling frames under their own name after having sold the Litespeed company in 1999. I Googled "Lynskey" after reading the name on the Litespeed website, and Lynskey Performance came up... In the absence of a local dealer, I dealt directly with Lynskey Performance, and could not be more pleased -- I have had a lively email correspondence with Mark Lynskey - he is a highly personable framebuilder who thoroughly knows the business. The stock R-Series frames all have the same geometry, with the tube design being the variable with increasing price. For those who desire custom frames, the sky is the limit with Lynskey Performance. There is also an incredible range of finishes available for a Lynskey frame, be it stock or custom. I selected a 2008 R320 with brushed titanium finish -- it's elegant, timeless, and resilient. There was a four week wait for the frame construction, and I was kept apprised of the progress and the actual shipment. I built the bike from the ground up, and it did not fight me one bit -- this was not the case with its predecessor (see below) where I had to acquire a seatpost binder bolt and file the inside of the seat tube itself so it would accept a seatpost. Also, the Lynskey comes with an Alpha Q Carbon Fork, and its integration with a threadless headset is VASTLY improved over what I had to deal with in its predecessor (see below). There is a threaded insert which is glued (epoxy glue supplied!)into the steerer tube and makes headset assembly and adjustment very easy, reliable, and strong. Last week, I rode this beast up and down what is the last 28 miles of the legendary Assault on Mt Mitchell in Western North Carolina. The ride I did is an Agonal Stretch of Pain that climbs 7500 feet on grades of 5-11%, mostly 5-8%. I live on the seacoast, so I was the rate-limiting step here, NOT the bike. It was very comfortable going Up or Down, and handled the technicality of the descent (NC 80 is a real roller coaster!) with ease. This frame is a Dream to build up and ride.

2001 Litespeed Classic w Campy Record built up and ridden by me for 15K miles. I did all of the maintenance on this venerable machine, including rebuilding the rear wheel and the Ergolevers twice. I crashed it twice as well, which it tolerated much better than I did.