Motobecane Century Team Road Bike

Shimano Dura-Ace 10, Kinesium Area51 Tubing with Carbon Rear Stays, Ritchey Pro OCR DS Aero Wheelset, Ritchey Pro Bar, Stem and Seatpost

bbriscoe   Commuter [Mar 30, 2008]
Strength:

dura-ace drive train, price

I bought this carbon frame, triple crank bike to ride on 100-200 mile tours and so far have been quite impressed. Drive train is great and rest of components are solid mid-range-or-better.

Still getting used to the feel of carbon, which seems to dampen some of my energy on long flat stretches.

OVERALL
bikebob   Recreational Rider [Aug 04, 2004]
Strength:

Light, fast, the Area 51 tubing is cool and different. Like the carbon rear stays. Component group is awsome. Dura Ace 10 really rocks!!

The paint quality isn't near as good as on my Motobecane Fly. Lots of imperfections. These don't affect the ride, though.

I purchased this bike on the the strength of my past experience with Bikesdirect and my prior purchase of a Motobecane Fly mountain bike. The customer service at Bikesdirect was fine with good communication and fast shipping. The assembly was straightforward with only some minor annoyances, such as not having the correct washers to connect the brake to the front fork. The rear wheel was out of true and required a quick trip to my local bike shop. Once assembled, the bike immediately showed its strengths--its fast, comfortable and seems to glide over the rough roads. Until now, I wasn't a fan of compact geometry, but this bike has changed my mind. I'm 6'2" and purchased A 60CM which works with a 100mm stem. Be advised that Motobecane specs their frames long so if you normally ride a 61 or 62cm you should be ok.

Similar Products Used: Fuji Team, EPX303.
OVERALL