Orbea Onix Road Bike

Bar: ITM Lite Luxe
Stem: ITM Lite Luxe
Saddle: Selle Italia Filante Trans Am

Troy   [Feb 05, 2015]
Strength:

Beautiful looks, stiff but doesn't rattle your teeth out. Orbea offer a lifetime frame warranty to the original owner, but I have had no issues!

Non after 4 years of ownership.

I'm 6'5" and weigh 95 kg and ride a size 60 and feel part of this bike.

I love it and it's not going to be sold any time soon.

danklutho   Recreational Rider [Jan 19, 2012]
Strength:

weight...shifting...braking...paint..granny...firmness of ride....

i have no complaints except for the adjustment to clip less pedals. they have been a challenge.

this bike was purchased at performance during their clearance sale...it was ordered on line to the Tucson store from Iowa. the sales person was overly helpful and knowledgeable of the products. he talked me down on a bike to get better components on another bike. so, i got the shimano 105 group. i'm happy i did. it is responsive to any shifting and braking demands i give. my main reason for this bike was the fact that it has a granny gear for the hills of Tucson and Iowa. the weight of the bike is sweet. the paint job has been the focus of compliments. the ride is firm and stable. i am liking this bike more and more after every ride!

Similar Products Used: this is my 1st new road bike in 25 years.
jimgandhi   Recreational Rider [May 21, 2011]
Strength:

Very comfortable ride for me.

Putting FSA compact crankset with Campagnolo Chorus Group was a bad idea.

A glaring mistake in setting this bike up was mating FSA crankset with Chorus group, I just couldn't get it to work well. Once that was swapped out with Campy crankset, it ran great. Since I am a former bodybuilder, Im pretty heavy for a cyclist but this bike handles, climbs and descends well.

Similar Products Used: Bianchi, Specialized, Cannondale
Andrew   Recreational Rider [Dec 15, 2010]
Strength:

best combo of plush and snappy I have ridden

If I were a 20 year old with an aim to be a sprinter, I'd want something stiffer.

I bought a 2010 ORbea Onix with the Ultegra Gruppo. It sopps up road rattle unbelievably well, has good geometry allowing for an incredibly comfy ride and is still low and stiff enough to snap you into accelerating sprints easily.

Similar Products Used: 2003 S-Works E5, Moots CR Ti
BikerChick   Recreational Rider [Nov 15, 2010]
Strength:

Great geometry which is designed to absorb the bumps. Great color!

It may be easier to select another model for racing.

This bike is a dream to ride. Transitioning from my Specialized Tarmac (i.e. jars the life out of you and is far to easy to slip off the road onto the gravel and crash) to this Suburban, was a gift. I ride 40 to 50 mile stints on the weekends and this bike takes the bumps in stride and it looks great! Admittedly, I moved my FSA crank, carbon handlebar, Flit tires and Sram Red cassette onto the bike to make is truly mine. I'd like to turn into a century rider and this bike is destined to fit the bill. I think Orbea should take credit for making a great comfy bike that is also made for the long rides.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Amira, Trek 5500
NHer   Recreational Rider [Aug 30, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff, but comfortable
Agile
Climbs and descends like a burning monkey

None that I found (after over 2500 miles on it)

I picked my Onix frame up halfway through summer 2009 to replace a poorly performing Litespeed Vela. Coming from riding almost exclusively aluminum, this bike was an absolute dream to ride! The frame is attractive, snappy, agile, and responds extremely well under power. I'm able to hold 28-30mph consistently with considerably more easy than the Litespeed. I'm writing this review today, after finally deciding to move on to a Wilier. My girlfriend wanted to Onix so I'm more than happy to transfer it to her and see it perform for a couple more seasons! Just hope the new bike rides as well as the Onix.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale CAAD9
Litespeed Vela
Orbea Starship (old, alu)
Pinarello Paris (old, alu)
burnham   Road Racer [Jul 31, 2010]
Strength:

it looks amazing, it feels really natural (the geometry is great), it is really stiff yet it isnt uncomfortable, but most importantly, it makes me smile when i look at it, when i ride it and when i get off of it (at the end of a ride) i cant wait for my next ride, and that is why i love the onix!

white bar tape is a very bad idea, it is already greasy and muddy and ive only had the bike a few days, other then that it is good.

i got my new (2011) orbea onix (its ttg with mavic aksium wheels)a few days ago, after some tinkering i can announce that i love it! it happily cruises at 35 km/h around where i live (which is quite hilly) and as soon as i put my foot down it really goes. it absorbs all of the big lumps, but you can still feel the road underneath you (although it isnt uncomfortable). i waited 8 weeks for it and i was told 3, which was really fustrating (it was orbea, not the bike shop), but i am so glad that it is here that i dont really care about the wait.

Similar Products Used: i tried all sorts of specialized bikes at a different shop and i was tempted by a boardman team carbon, ive also tried a load of my friends bikes (i cant remember what they were) but when i looked at orbea i was really impressed!
Master P   Recreational Rider [Apr 08, 2010]
Strength:

climbing
descents

i want a little more aggressive stance out of the stem. probably 2-4 mm lower

pretty good bike for me. the bike is stiff and agile. great for climbs. i don't know if im just not powerful but i never seem to go over 20 mph on flats consistently, always around 18.5 to 19. never tried any other bikes so i wouldn't know but when im watching races, they all go 30, maybe cause i solo most of the time

Similar Products Used: none
Yeti guy   Recreational Rider [Mar 28, 2010]
Strength:

Fast, light and very smooth ride.
Stiff, no flex on out of seat climbs at all.
Beautiful paint and logos aren't decals, they are painted.
Excellent gruppo for the money. Great value overall!

No way, none.

This is for the 2009 Onix TDF which came with full Ultegra group. This is my first road bike and was lucky that my LBS guided me to the Orbea Onix as I knew very little about road bikes. I'm a long time mtn biker.
I absolutely love this bike, the fit and finish is beautiful and it rides as good as it looks. Miles tick by with ease, it's a fast bike and climbs very easy. Just a joy to ride! Proud to own such a sweet bike.

Similar Products Used: None as for road bikes. Ride a Yeti mtn. bike.
Petersim007   Road Racer [Mar 24, 2010]
Strength:

Fast and support endurance. Excellent gearing.

I will let you know when I find one

Bike Year: 2009.
Orbea Onix TDF with full Ultegra. Upgraded from a hybrid bike and I continue to be amazed when riding how much the Orbea supports the rider both up hills and when tired after 60 miles. It is a bike where you just keep going - energizer. Fast, good looking, comfortable, and amazing endurance. Been riding in rain and slosh with no problems. Is holding up great.