Parlee Cycles Z3 Road Bike

Parlee Cycles Z3 Road Bike

In 2008 the Z3 was voted Cycling Weekly's race bike of the year, and has been impressing everyone from serious racers to enthusiasts since. Consitently competitive in stiffness to weight ratio tests, while still providing the exceptional ride quality and manufacturing you should expect from Parlee; the Z3 truely is a race bike that can take you anywhere you want to go. Parlee continues to impress with their quality construction, which perfectly translates to the highest performance and reliable. After all, each frame requires a weeks worth of man hours to produce; double that of any competitor.

[Jul 12, 2011]
JCP

Strength:

Comfort, acceleration, handling, you name it.

Not the lightest, but weight is not everything.
Price-Holy crap, did I really just pay that?

To sum in one word: Magic. With respect to overall ride quality, the best I have ever ridden. The bike is smooth and comfortable. Definitely less post ride fatique. However, it boasts snappy acceleration and can climb like a goat. How does a frame that looks so plain ride so well? I am baffled but ecstatic. The only other frame I will ever replace the Z3 is with another Parlee. The best out there today. Period.

Cannondale 613, Giant TCR and Advanced, Scott Addict, Trek, Klein,

[Jun 20, 2011]
Uncle Lar

Strength:

All day ride with crit quickness. have raced it in everything from 5 mile ITT to 200 milers. A frame you do not have to account for a weakness or fault. Very stable descender. Many training miles in the Eastern Washington desert.

To expensive for casual use.

Best frame I have ever owned and I have owned many, many frames. Have approx 16,000 miles and figure it is good for another 10K at least.

TREK, Colnogo, Ridley, Bianchi, Lightspeed, LeMond, Cannondale, Masi, Raleigh, etc, etc.

[Nov 24, 2010]
Windy City Johnny

Strength:

very nice looking, light, stiff

Customer service to the general population of riders; can't help but think some sponsored pro would have gotten a new frame.

THIS IS 100% TRUE AND FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN BUILDING, RIDING, AND RACING BIKES FOR OVER 25 YEARS!

After riding the bike for several months I went to do some winter maintenance. I noticed a strange sound in the down tube, it sounded like water was swishing around in it, and not a little water more like two cups of water! I took the bottom bracket off to see if I could drain it out and to my surprise the water was in the down tube and WOULD NOT DRAIN OUT. I contacted Parlee and they told me to send it in to them. After a few WEEKS I get the frame back and someone has drilled a hole from the bottom bracket into the down tube to drain the water. Who ever did the job had the technical skill of a 6th grader, it looked like crap! I contacted Parlee and they told me that drilling this hole was something they were doing on ALL new Parlees; after going into a shop and looking at new Parlees hanging on the wall I saw that this was a LIE. They told me that this happens sometimes because there is a void in the carbon lay-up and it can't be avoided. I called 20+ Parlee dealers in the USA and NOT ONE said they had EVER heard of such a thing happening; so that is lie number 2. They said that they did NOTHING to prevent water from getting in the down tube but now it could drain into my bottom bracket area......GREAT! I told them I was not satisfied with this "fix" and wanted a new frame. They REFUSED to help me out and blew me off.

Colnago C40, Calfee Dragon Fly

[Sep 07, 2010]
Matt

Strength:

climbing, smoothing out rough roads, sprints, decending...basically it'll do anything you want it to.

uhhh...price?

What an incredible ride! This bike offers the best combination of stiffness and comfort of any that I have ridden. The bottom bracket looks smallish compared with some of the more "modern rides" out there, but I will tell you that it is VERY reponsive and simply goes when I step on the gas. I'm coming off a specialized S-Works Tarmac, and there is simply no comparison...I could not believe the difference. The ride is simply etheral!

In my mind there are no similar products (other than Z1 and Z2). I just rode Dogma last week and it does not compare in my mind as the ride is much more muted (think dead)

[May 22, 2010]
reedy

Strength:

The best finish I have seen on a bike- stiff -fast- comfy- looks- direct -just amazing

None- you get what you pay for.

A smile on my face every ride. Gee its good. I have had all the top bikes over the years-c50 595- Extreme power- but nothing rides like this bike- comfy -direct -solid -light and stiff all in one- its unreal. I have the z3 sl custom in high gloss with white details.

Look 595- Colnago C50- Look 585- Colnago EP.

[Oct 15, 2009]
Russell Brown

Strength:

comfort and responsiveness as well as it's good looks.

Price but what can you do. When you love something you just love it.

The best bike I've ever owned because of how smooth, comfortable and responsive the ride is. I own several other bikes but I rarely ride the others.
It is a beautiful bike all around.

cervelo soloist sl, moots, look 585,specialized roubaix sl,bruce gordon

[Apr 16, 2009]
triolly

Strength:

light, stiff, comfortable and stable.

I can only afford one of them

This is the finest bike you can buy. I specced the lighter weight tubing and despite my 200lb frame it is super stiff in a sprint. Climbs effortlessly and descends like you are on rails. Also looks beautiful thanks to custom option.

Cervelo R3, Cervelo SLC SL, Giant TCR, Kestrel 200ems and Talon.

[Dec 27, 2007]
frikinspit

Strength:

Outstanding build quality. Beautiful frame. They build the Z1 and Z3 to your specifications. You can choose each individual tubeset for your specific needs. I ordered all SL tubes.

Price. Really not a weakness since all carbon frames in this category have skyrocketed in price. With 'Grade A' carbon fiber being used in the Joint-Strike fighter for the military as well as in the new Boeing 777 the price has almost tripled in the last 3 years. Almost all companies have switched to a lesser grade. Thankfully all Parlee frames, with the exception of the Z4, still use Grade A. If you can afford it, it's definitely worth it.

Although the frame alone costs more than most 'dream' bikes, it is well worth every penny. I bought the Z3 with the SL (Superlight) Tubeset. It's hard to describe the feeling unless you experience it yourself. It sprints just as well as my old Specialized M4 S-Works without the harsh ride. It is very stiff and responsive without any unwanted vibration. The only frame that comes close it the Colnago C50HP I rode in 2006.

Pinarello F4:13, Colnago Dream HP, Colnago C50 HP

[Nov 09, 2007]
Bicycle Boy

Strength:

Responsive. Comfortable. Razor sharp handling.

Afraid I might wear it out someday.

Best bike I have ever owned. Period.

I have had approx 50 bikes, in all the materials. Been road racing for 35+ years.

Worth every penny.

Ridley Damocoles, Bianchi 928, Kestral, and Aegis in the carbons.

[Nov 09, 2007]
Bicycle Boy

Strength:

Responsive. Comfortable. Razor sharp handling.

Afraid I might wear it out someday.

Best bike I have ever owned. Period.

Worth every penny.

Ridley Damocoles, Bianchi 928, Kestral, and Aegis in the carbons.