Pinarello FP3 Road Bike

Pinarello FP3 Road Bike

Pinarello FP3 Ultegra Bike 2010: Built and designed using Pinarello LAB?s SOE System (Simulation, Optimize, Evolution), the FP3 has a slightly less powerful appearance than the Prince but...

[Jun 15, 2013]
Andy freeman

Strength:

Comferable and stiff.Gretvlooking bike and very quick

Changed the bars.Most wheels are not great my front wheel broke spokes and buckled while descending.Now have RS80 and there is a big improvement

Great looking bike that goes just as good

[May 18, 2013]
Eric

Strength:

Just i found one site, sell kinds of Pinarello Bikes and Frameset, you can check at: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/819025

[Aug 16, 2012]
NTA

Strength:

frame

?

I love this bike (asymmetric frame ) !!!
Ultegra 6750 !!!
Fulcrum racing zero limited edition !!!
10.000 KM

[Aug 15, 2012]
Tom F

Strength:

Super stiff when out of the saddle on steep climbs or sprints, little to no frame flex detected. Even though it's very stiff, the ride quality is superb - soaks up mild bumps, heat cracks, and other surface imperfections VERY well. My previous bike (2006 Giant TCR C1) was much harsher on bumps yet had more flex on climbs or sprints. Not usually a fan of marketing hype, but they must be onto something as either the Onda fork and/or asymmetric frame design make it fantastic to ride.

Absolutely beautiful frame design and paint scheme - bike is as nice to look at as it is to ride. Very intricate paint design and fantastic frame design. Well spec'd for the price with Ultegra group.

Not the lightest bike in the world, but it's also not the Prince or Dogma. Not too wild about the in-house MOst brakes and handlebar, but swapped the handlebar out for my EC90 carbon bar. Also the Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels are so/so and good for training but wouldn't want to use them for racing as they're a bit heavy, however for the price I wouldn't have expected a 1400-gram racing wheelset or anything.

This is my favorite bike that I've owned or ridden. Looks amazing, soaks up bumps, but is very stiff at the right times. Great product for the money - nice tradeoff between price and groupset. Love the internal cable routing of the rear brake line and the clean look of the Ultegra shifters with internal cable routing as well. In my opinion, stands out much more than similarly priced Specialized, Giant, Trek, etc. You can't go wrong with any of the other brands' bikes at this price-point, but I definitely get a lot more comments on the bike because it is more "exotic" than the typical US brands.

If you want a bike that is well worth the money and stands out from the pack, get this bike!

Have owned Lemond Buenos Aires, Giant TCR C1. Have ridden Treks, Specliazeds, and others.

[Dec 13, 2011]
Adam

Strength:

Great ride, smooth shifting, very responsive ,Price, excellent looks and good geometry.

Wheels, bearings went out at 1000 miles. Wheel flex sucks! Upgraded to Dura Ace tubular. These wheels are amazing! No flex.

This bike is smooth riding,components are decent(Ultegra)great looks and very responsive. The wheels are sub par so I upgraded to Dura Ace. I love this bike! For the money it cant be beat. I have no plans on changing.

Lemond Chamberry and Zurich (Dura Ace). Trek.

[Jun 08, 2011]
Dan

Strength:

Solid climber and it absolutely flies!

This pushie is a rocket! Mine has been setup with Athena and it absolutely flies. It's not the lightest bike on the market but I'm over 90kg so the additional weight comes into its own flying down hills and powering up them. If you are an amateur cyclist and looking for a cracking bike which will stand out then run down to your local bike shop and pick one up. They are going cheap in some areas with the new Quattros coming into the market.

I'm a heavy rider and I can tell you there is no flex in this bike. Its remarkably smooth to ride and the roads around here aren't exactly the smoothest. When you put your foot down it just shoots ahead.

I haven't ridden a Dogma or a Prince and perhaps they are that next level but why spend another $7000 buying one when you get such a great bike for the money?

Trek Madone 5.2
Colnago CLX2.0

[Feb 23, 2011]
Retondaro

Strength:

Very confortable, fit and finish excellent, it seems it is a tailor made bike. Responsive and stiff. extremely beautiful and attractive.

Heavy. All Most components are heavy, altough carbon. Ritchey components are lighter.

All guys dreams with Pinarello and last year I bought a frameset kit, that came with many Most componentes, and put all the rest needed. The bike is very beatiful, everyone wants to take information. Unfortunally I just road with it in plain terrain, but soon I will go uphill and downhill to confirm what everybody says about Pinarello. The only question is that in Brazil you can not buy it without Most components. They are beautiful, but heavy. FP3 deserves something lighter than 8,5 kg!

Felt F5SL, Wilier Mortirolo Triestina, KHS Flite Team

[Nov 30, 2009]
Runr44

Strength:

Transfer of power, decending and climbing, fit and finish, stiff and responsive ride with comfortable absorbtion of road shock (remember, this is a road bike, not a cruiser)

Notrhing that I can see on the frame. I am still judging some of the components, but that will take a lot more time.

This is a review of the 2009 FP3 with full Ultegra components and Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels and hubs.

It doesn't take long in the saddle to know that this is a great bike. I've been riding road bikes since the 80's and this as a sweet a ride as I have ever had. I decided to make the move from my old Pinarello Montello Columbus steel road frame (top of the line back when I bought it). Technology has changed a lot since then and a CF frame of the quality that Pinarello makes at this price was just too much to pass up.

I find the ride ot be stiff but not brutal. It turns at your thought and every pedal stroke leads to forward movement. climbing is never easy, but this bike helps you with energy transfer. Decents feel tight and controlled even when you hit some crud or bumps in the road. On the flats it is easy to get into a great rhythm and the bike helps you to keep to form.

The fit and finish are excellent. They know how to make a bike look beautiful while still making it very functional. Getting the full Ultegra set was unexpected since it is advertised with some MOst components. In my mind I got an upgrade at a sale price. As with any bike, there is always some break in time, but after a few hundred miles in the nice hills of New England I really like this bike. It is a better feel than my old Pinarello while actually performing better overall.

Honestly, I am sure Cannondale and Specialized CF frames in the same price range are great bikes, too. All I can say is that this ride feels like a road bike should and it felt right to stay in the family!

This is a frame to buy if you want to be serious about performance riding. It will help you to improve since it feels good, but you won't outgrow it unless you decide to turn pro, at which time you'd need a Dogma.frame will hold its

Pinarello Montello