Pinarello ROKH Road Bike

Pinarello ROKH Road Bike

Pinarello ROKH Ultegra Bike: The ROKH (pronounced ''rock'') is the direct descendent of the KOBH which was developed for racing on the extreme roads of northern Europe such as those traversed in the Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix...

[Jun 21, 2015]
bing181

Strength:

I bought a Rokh frame last year, site unseen and never having ridden one. There are a couple of reviews around, it seemed OK, and it had the geometry I was after (in the Synapse/Domane direction). Had it built up, went out for my first ride and thought … I’ve wasted my money here! It just felt sluggish, especially in comparison with the Look 586 I’d ridden for the previous few years, and which is a very snappy bike. This continued for a month or so, with me kind of fighting the bike, and feeling frustrated that it wouldn’t do what I wanted it to. But then something happened. I just started riding it, but instead of trying to get it to do what I wanted, I started listening to what it wanted. And the more I responded to the bike, the more it responded to me. Now, 6 months later, I wouldn’t change it for anything.

There’s a review out there where someone compares riding a Rokh to riding a horse that’s heading for home. I can’t do any better than that. It’s a bike that if you can “find” it, and become one with, will give you all you could ever need. It’s a very smooth ride, in fact, an incredibly smooth ride, butter-like. It tracks phenomenally well, the best descending bike I’ve ever ridden, and I’ve had some decent ones. It’s a bike that carries speed really really well - getting back to my old Look, sure it was snappy, but you’d have to be up out of the saddle every minute or two, giving it a bit of a kick along. The Rokh is the reverse of that, get it up to speed and it just rolls and rolls, it’s a bit like riding in overdrive. The one word I’d keep coming back to would be smooth. Smooth as in comfortable, smooth in the steering and handling, and smooth in the response and power delivery.

Perhaps not the first choice for Crits, or if you're the team's designated sprinter. Also not the lightest (like a lot of the Pinarellos), but I do a lot of climbing, and wouldn't change it for anything.

If you’re in the market for this kind of geometry/ride, give it a go - though it may need more than a single ride to reveal its charms.