Raleigh USA Prestige Road Bike

Perfect for racing, training or club rides, the 2006 Raleigh Prestige features our C6 A.C.E. (Advanced Composite Engineering) full carbon frame and an Easton EC90 full carbon fork.

• C6 ACE, Advanced Carbon Engineering, Full Carbon Frame
  • Easton EC90 Carbon Fork w/Carbon Steer Tube
  • Shimano Ultegra / DuraAce Components
  • Mavic Aksium Wheelset

• User Reviews (16)

Jimmy From Texas   [Apr 19, 2015]
    Strength:

Still unknown I'm building

Same as above

I was reading this blog because as said I'm building , My friend gave me his Prestige frame because he knows I would be able to fix it and ride it once again , so it's a project in my garage. On to the meat of the story The cracks on the lower crank boss area is the question . He sent his frame into Raleigh and they warranted his frame for 2 cracks one on each side about 1/2 " so I was going to have it welded but before I did , I put the frame thru a nondestructive inspection ( NDI ) did'nt see any traces of die in said cracks so i used a pencil grinder and removed about 0.010" material from the crack indications shown buy the MFG. Did it again. Same results but I wanted to be dead sure their were no cracks so I took it to the highest level of NDI and that would be Xray , Yes I work in a business that has this equipment ( Overhaul Turbine Engines ) . There was no crack . So have your frames NDI if you think there is a problem.

rmcd34   Recreational Rider [May 06, 2011]
    Strength:

light bike and with decent wheel set and component group

frame and creaking

Very nice bike and decent component group. Interesting to see others have developed creaking with frame. When I pedal (it starts about 5 minutes out) I get a creaking. It also could be from hair line crack (looks like a jagged 1/2 line in paint just behind bottom braket). It could be superficial on top coat of paint, but who knows. Have had 3 bike shops look it over and we've done about everything to try to determine the creak. Only thing I have not done is change out the crank. I have been thinking about a compact crank to swap out so I just may do this and see what happens. The bike is great otherwise.

Similar Products Used: Specialized carbon road
    terrencekeenan   Road Racer [Sep 15, 2010]
    Strength:

Good ride and it was free.

Carbon, made in china, suspect quality.

I use it as a training bike. Really nice ride and fit, better than my expensive Orbea Orca.
    Still, the frame developed crack marks behind the bottom bracket, just like the reviewer above. It might just be superficial, however, when I am turning at any speed and decide to pedal, the frame creaks pretty bad in the BB area. I am almost positive it's not my Bottom bracket.

Similar Products Used: Orbea Orca
    Jdogger   Recreational Rider [Jul 12, 2009]
    Strength:

Durability, smooth ride, stiff and very responsive to rider.

Stock saddle had to go and using Speedplay pedals.

Awesome ride. With over 1000mi on the bike, I'd say it's the best ride I've ever had (switched to Raleigh from older Trek bike). Slammed into brick wall at 15mph last year and split the fork in two. Minor scratches on front wheel but frame and rest of bike remained in perfect condition.

Similar Products Used: Treks
    bmiddleton   Recreational Rider [Jul 05, 2009]
    Strength:

comfort, speed,

(see review)

I like my raleigh prestige, BUT it developed two major issues, which quite frankly will make it hard for me to ever sell it. The headset was ALWAYS needing to be tightened, so in the end my lbs had to give me a different one. Second, and most important, there are two vertical "crack" lines in the frame right behind the bottom bracket. The bike was sent back to Seattle (where the Raleigh headquarters is) and the shop people there assured me it was superficial paint cracks, and not the frame. Still I don't think I could sell this frame now. I've ridden the bike about 3,000 miles since I noticed the marks, and nothings changed, so I guess it is just paint...Still, for 2,000 bucks you would expect a nicer deal...

Caruso   Recreational Rider [Apr 28, 2008]
    Strength:

great value, top notch parts, awsome frame - rigid, great stock tires, with some additional investments you can make a sub 16lbs bike out of it (swap wheels and crank) and still save bucks compared to other brands.

saddle is crap even for a thin guy like me - put my super comfy Selle It. Flite Gel on it, crank is on the cheaper side but does fine on flats, swap for compact if you wanna
    climb hills.

Looked for a decent carbon frame that doesn't cost the world and has good parts on it. Got the Prestige for a great deal in Utah (they shipped out of state). After 6 months of using i have to say that the whole bike is a great setup with a lot of top notch Easton Parts. The Fulcrum wheels are loud but do a good job and accelerate fast, shifting works great. If you don't wanna spent a fortune on a bike but want something fast with decent comfort that is the bike. The only thing is that no matter how i adjusted the saddle my butt did not like it even on shorter rides. Had to kick it out, the crank might kill my legs on steep hills as i like to pedal higher cadences.

Similar Products Used: Motobecane Grand Record, Trek 1500, Peugeot
    nieder3182   Road Racer [Feb 05, 2008]
    Strength:

More bike for the $$$$, light weight, feels smooth while climbing, and feels dependable while descending.

Fulcrum Wheels are noisy, if you don't like that kind of thing. I personally like to let others know I'm coming up on them.

Sweet looking bike. Rides like a high end race machine. I ride a lot of local fast paced criteriums and I felt very quick and smooth on the bike. Great Feel!

Similar Products Used: Trek 5500 & 5400, Look 585, Storck Fascenerio, Orbea Orca, Giant TCR, Jamis Xenith, Scott Addict.
    jrmgkia   Road Racer [Nov 13, 2007]
    Strength:

Price, Weight, Components

I just wanted to let people know what a great bike the Prestige is. I now have over 500 miles on the bike and it has really been great from day one.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Roubaix
    TopCat James   Road Racer [Oct 02, 2007]
    Strength:

Smooth, stiff, and a Raleigh. This bike is unique as I do NOT see myself coming down the road all the time. It gets boring to see the same-o same-o... this bike is not the same-o thing! My aluminum framed bikes give a superior road feel at the expense of long ride comfort. This frameset gives a smoother road feel with all the stiffness a non-pro rider could utilize. It climbs well for me, and blasts out of the corners with noooo twitch or flex under my 175 pounds. Boy Howdy, as set up, even with water bottles and carbon cages... a mere 16 1/4 pounds... I only love it!

The color transition stickers are tooooo lame to be on a bike of this quality! What is up with that? The white finish would benefit from a clear coat as I have to stay on it to keep it clean & pristine. The rest of the bike's finish is super in spite of the cheap sticker job.

I have this listed as a 2005, but I got it as a 2004 Prestige Frameset, white & natural carbon, with stock Ritchey fork. I have built this up with a Dura Ace 9-speed gruppo with the exception of the crankset and BB. The crankset is a Miche SuperType and the BB is a Sampson Titanium. Other items: Zipp bars, Syntace F99 stem, Ritchey WCS carbon seatpost and seat, Whipperman chain, Reynolds Alta Race wheelset, Vittoria tires.