Raleigh USA Sport Road Bike

Sport

A great entry-level road bike, the 2006 Raleigh Sport features a 6061 series aluminum frame and chromoly road fork. The Sport is equipped with a 24-speed Shimano drivetrain, SRAM cassette and a Truvativ Iso-Flow crankset. It’s never been so easy to get on board a genuine Raleigh road bike.

• 6061 Aluminum Frame w/replaceable hanger
  • Shimano Sora 8spd Shifters
  • Truvativ ISO Flow Road 30/42/52t Cranks
  • Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25c Tires

• User Reviews (6)

mike   [Sep 26, 2012]
    Strength:

Smooth ride. Road with it across Iowa. Beautiful bike. Still kicking.

A little Heavy. Although upgrades can be made.

I love the bike so much that instead of purchasing a new one I am fixing it up and giving it a make-over. New mavic wheels! Sweet ride.

rick_guitarist   Recreational Rider [Jan 16, 2011]
    Strength:

Nice looking finish and decals, quality components, smooth ride. Comfortable, smooth handling, and responsive. You mash the pedals and the bike jumps forward. No problems after 3+ years of heavy usage.

Heavy Cro-moly fork

I bought this 2006 model Raleigh Sport new in 2008.It was sitting in store for a year and a half but was still brand new. I have no complaints about this bike at all. I have used this bike for over 3 years now and have only replaced the tires and tubes. I ride this bike hard for fitness not for a leisure commute. Comfortable, responsive, smooth shifting still after hammering for 3 plus years. Very good quality for entry level bike. Very satisfied Raleigh customer here. I thought about upgrading some parts but then I ask myself why because all the parts function smoothly as is.

Similar Products Used: Trek 2.2, I prefered the Raleigh even with the heavier fork over the 2.2. The 2.2 didn't seem as responsive and the handling was kind of stiff.
    Marcus   Recreational Rider [May 24, 2010]
    Strength:

VERY STURDY!
    VERY fair price.
    Nice all around bike.
    Comfortable saddle.

Touch heavy but expected at that price.

I got into cycling for cardiovascular exercise after surviving cancer. This bike is everything you could ask for in a starter bike. Afforadable price, VERY sturdy to handle the initial crashes you will certainly have in getting used to the riding position of a road bike and clipless pedals. Good overall Shimano components which shift nicely compliment this bike nicely. Good tires and brakes for the price haven't had any problems stopping even in rainy weather. Has withstood numerous high speed crashes with minimal damage. Great beginner bike it has served me well. I've put tons of miles on it capable of 100 mile races easily it's not the bike it's the rider propelling it. If you become serious and dedicated upgrade to the TREK MADONE the world's best bike. Until then this bike will break you in wonderfully.

lostcause89   Road Racer [Sep 26, 2008]
    Strength:

Should be cheap and
    probably could go threw a brick wall.

Terrible handlebar mount.
    Heavy very heavy
    rear hub went bad after 4 months.

My third road bike in 3 years. sigh
    I'm horrible at picking road bikes My first two were department store bikes. At $150 and $450
    This was the first bike that I've gotten from an LBS. Yeah they overcharged me and sold me a year old model. But whatever they're out to make money too. Anyway the bike is decent for commuting and what not but... I'm beginning to race for my college cycling club and well it just doesn't cut it any more. It is to heavy and has a very creaky headset, did I mention it was heavy 26lbs or there abouts.

Similar Products Used: GMC Denali (good for cost)
    Schwinn Varsity Carbon Fiber. (piece of crap)
    Hermy   Recreational Rider [Sep 18, 2008]
    Strength:

Really sturdy bike
    Great for beginners

I got the 2008 model, the one that is in Team Yellow and can currently be found on the site. So far, it's been holding great for me. This was my first bike in 5 years, and despite quite a number of crashes during my early rides, the bike pulled through to me.

Though I've only been biking for 3 months recently, I think I've been doing decently. The longest single ride I did was about 120 miles with many hills, and I'm surprised that with stock components this bike was able to take me to Bear Moutain, upstate New York.

This bike is just simply fantastic. It's been with me for many experiences. I've had my fair share of crashes (including a head-on collision with my friend at 20 MPH) and the bike is still going on strong, with minor scratches. The wheels are only slightly out of true, which can easily be fixed.

In heavy rain, this bike performed well. Now, I'm not the most athletic guy, so I can't say how good this bike is at climbing since I tire easily, but this bike did it for me. Going downhill was also great, and I didn't die going maybe 60 MPH!

This is still my only bike, and I've never ridden anything on a higher tier. I can't really say how good of a climber this bike is, or how smooth the ride is since I have nothing to compare it to. All I know is that I've done great on this exceptional bike.

The bottom line is if you want to get into road biking, this is the bike for you.

Steve   Recreational Rider [Sep 07, 2007]
    Strength:

Low cost. Adjustable stem lets you get the handlebars up higher.

Adjustable stem (the gizmo that clamps the handlebar) creaks when you get up off the seat for power.

For what it cost, it's a good bike. Brakes are well-made and smooth. Shifting is usually accurate.