Scattante CFR Elite Road Bike

Scattante CFR Elite Road Bike

Scattante CFR Elite Carbon Road Bike
Representing the height of cycling society, the CFR Elite flaunts a beautiful carbon frame, FSA triple cranks, Shimano Ultegra drivetrain and sophisticated components that'll have you accelerating with speed, power and agility.

* Full carbon monocoque SL6 frame and carbon/aluminum fork offers a lightweight, stiff and efficient ride with less vibration
* Shimano Ultegra 30-speed drivetrain blends race-proven technology with ergonomic perfection to give you a new level of shifting performance
* FSA triple cranks with MegaExo bottom bracket deliver super-stiff, no-flex pedaling power for the road ahead
* Forté Precision handlebar and stem with carbon seatpost supply core-level strength, style and vibration damping performance
* Tektro R740 dual-pivot calipers for strong, progressive stopping power and good modulation
* Continental Ultra Sport tires provide comfort and exceptional handling, especially on rough road surfaces
* Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels are lightweight, responsive and guarantee a reliable road experience

[Nov 30, 2014]
Stan in katy

Strength:

Light, handles well, good ultegra components, seats, FSA brakes,

Tires Hutchison Equinox is not my favorite. Good enough to keep it on for now!
I do not mind the Scattante brand since what I paid was much lower than well known brands.

I got the 2012 model on sale at performance bike Austin. The store folks were very friendly and knowledgeable.
I was thinking of kestral, Ridley, Fuji grand fondo. Test drove all except Kestral rt1000. CFR Elite fit and felt the best! Also riding experience was best perhaps due to better Ultegra components and PRologo seats. I do not ride long distances just 20 to 30 miles 3 times per week. This was the best value since I paid under 1500 bucks. I may upgrade the wheels and tires later but what came with the bike is sufficient for now.

I currently also have Raleigh Revino 2.0 and Motobecane grand premo with Shimano 105 component set.

[May 18, 2014]
Jay Sadow

Strength:

Beautiful and responsive with a comfortable ride, some higher end components, but still around a 20 pound bike even with a small frame.

Terrible tires (Hutchison Equinox) that puncture easily and are slippery in wet conditions. Yes, they are light, but I'd rather have more grip and puncture resistance, so I have changed out the stock tires for Kevlar reinforced ones with some light treads on either side of the smooth center.

A great value purchased at a huge 2013 year-end discount, the all carbon fiber bike, after riding aluminum for the past 18 years, is a treat. The 30 gear drive takes some getting used to in terms of learning how to "trim", and the tires were not well suited for everyday fitness/training rides. Since I am not a competitive rider where every extra pound makes a difference, I figure to own this bike for a long time. However, if you are more serious you'll have to move to a higher price point to shave weight.

[Jul 03, 2012]
wolf

Strength:

Carbon, Price, Looks

Headset, wheels. But I'm picky.

Been riding Alum frames for 10 years. I decided to finally get the 2012 Scattante CFR with 105's. Bikes performance was outstanding. Fast if u got the legs. Strong even under my 260lbs frame. Only had to change the headset, and put on my aerospoke wheels on it. Got some fake carbon film and did some covering up of the brand name logos. Seriously, friken bike looks like is 10K. Got it for 1500bones, during 3X points weekend, so ended up getting back about $450 on my perf card. Smart ppl get this bike, followers of trends go spend their cash with the name brands. Buy it, you won't regret it. Trust me.

[Apr 29, 2012]
RODD

Strength:

great power transfer, feels very stiff, fast, comfortable and looks great.

name recognition, but can ride with or leave anything out there.

i have ridden several brands of bikes in the 3 short years i have been hypnotized by cycling and from the first moment i sat on and mashed on the peddles i knew this was the bike for me, i bought it on the spot! my avg mph increased by over 2 mph from 15mph to 17.9 avg mph. top speeds on flats are about 25-30 mph. this bike, with and good fit, took me from a begginer to a intermediate rider. this brand makes you one with the machine and thats, after all, is what we are all looking for.

[Jan 02, 2012]
kcrodd

Strength:

rigid, fast, light, Carbon everything

NONE

i test road quite a few carbon bikes but when i road the Elite it was amazing! the fact that it was at least half the price of other full carbon bikes with Ultegra components was a plus. i bought it on the spot. when you crank on the pedals the bike just simply excellorates faster than all the others around me. it climbs amazinly well and it looks good. i have only been riding for a year and this is my second bike but i ride along side of seasoned riders without a problem! the best! the only thing i changed were the wheels. i went with Mavic Equips and they are a vast improvement over the stock but the stock performed well.

Masi

[Dec 20, 2011]
Manny E.

Strength:

Light weight, climbs like a goat and the price can't be beat for all the carbon you get!! All the power from your legs are being directly transmitted to the drivetrain. The bike moves effortlessly!

If I had to change anything it might be the saddle. Only due to my butt not being used to it.

Best bang for the buck you can get,period!
I have test ridden bikes costing double & I can't justify dropping $3500-$5000 on a bike with similar features just for the name, it doesn't make sense. Also when you join Performance bike club you wind up getting a 10% credit in store or online to buy more stuff. What more do you want? I will definitely update with more miles on the bike.

Test ridden the following: Scott CR-1 Comp, Scott R2 Addict, Cervelo R3.

[Jan 27, 2010]
jstickner1@yahoo.com

Strength:

Comfort, handling, components, quality, value

Weight

Quality/Value can't be beat. Not the lightest carbon road bike around, but a great, comfortable fast ride. Since I live in a hilly area, including Mt. Diablo, the triple crank is worth a few grams. I changed the handlebars to E3 Carbon which made the whole bike feel completely integrated. The guys at local shop are all riders and racers with a good knowledge of fitting and setup.

Trek, Jamis, GT