Schwinn Le Tour GS Road Bike

• Truvativ Iso-Flow Triple Cranks
  • Formula Shawla 220 Wheelset
  • Continental Ultra Sport 28c Tires

kubowsw   Road Racer [Mar 16, 2010]
Strength:

Quick, light for the money, great entry level bike.

Stock pedals are really bad and do not allow a size 12 foot to fit properly.

This is a great bike for the money, I am 230lbs and can break almost everything I ride. So far I have had no problems with my 2009 Le Tour Gs.

Similar Products Used: None, only MTB products.
chrisbruin   Recreational Rider [Oct 30, 2009]
Strength:

upgraded components (tiagra rear), saddle is solid and just a great overall starter bike

is a little noisy...will update

I just got this tonight....bought a Scattante 330 and it was too big didnt fit right for me....took it back to performance and got this. I am a brand new rider. I rode the Scattante and it tore up my backside after 5 miles...I just did 10 miles second time ever riding a road bike and I am ready to go tomorrow ....like it a lot

Similar Products Used: scattante 330, fuji newest 3.0, GT 4 series....tested them all and chose this
Rick Flores   Recreational Rider [Sep 02, 2009]
Strength:

Very light weight, fast, easy to shift gears, and fun to ride. Now that guy that use to pass me up with his bike, while I was riding my mountain bike, will think again. I now have an equalizer.

Nothing, that I can find

I purchased this bike a week ago. Previously had a Schwinn Mountain Bike. Converting from a mountain bike to a road bike is like night and day. I really enjoy this bike. It is very balanced and the folks at the bike shop did a wonderful job tunning up the bike. This bike for the price has all the features I need. I am looking forward to using this bike in future biking events. You are what you are with this bike. For me: by far, I just became a better and faster rider.

Similar Products Used: None
LeCoque   Recreational Rider [Nov 24, 2008]
Strength:

solid energy transfer for this level bike

I 'spose I'll have to take it to the LBS to get it adjusted once a season or so based on what I've read about Sora, but that is not to terribly inconvenient. Much less inconvenient than shelling out $1000 for a bike with 105's or higher.

Very happy with this bike.

Components, tires, seat etc, that come on the bike are more than adequate for a regular rider.

Similar Products Used: rode my brother's Specialized with full Dura-Ace etc. a few times.