Scott Addict R3 Road Bike

2007 Scott Addict R3 Road Bike with Ksyrium ES wheels and SRAM Force Grouppo.

jsprymak   Recreational Rider [Jul 11, 2011]
Strength:

Great acceleration, road feel, carbon smooth and comfortable. Superb handling going downhill and cornering. Nice looking. Don't see many around

Race geometry took alot of tweaking to get right. On some types of pavement road feel is a bit much, but isn't that with most high end bikes

Carbon race machine -I was looking at upgrading my 6 yr old lugged carbon frame. I wanted a lighter full carbon high performance peloton ready bike. I considered Supersix, Felt, BMC, Parlee but found everything I wanted in the Scott Addict. Amazingly acceleration, smooth silky ride, light, very stable, nice road feel and goes downhill with great confidence and speed. Just did a 200+ mile wknd ride with major climbs and loved every minute on this bike. Everything you'd want in a top end, race oriented machine. Too bad they are discontinuing in 2011. Will come out with more bling, internal cable routes, taper head tube, more aero I suppose. Todays bike its a great value.

Similar Products Used: Guru Racelite
badlight1066   Road Racer [Jun 10, 2009]
Strength:

Light, stiff and excellent ride characteristics. Shimano Ultegra SL works great and very nice finish.

The Huchinson tires do not seem all that durable. None other than that so far.

Bike is a 2009. It is a very light and stiff frame that is also comfortable.

Similar Products Used: Tried Specialized Tarmac and Trek Madone.
foxjb   Recreational Rider [Mar 04, 2009]
Strength:

Very light, my 110 lb wife's frame (53cm) is 840gm. Great handling, great appearance and solid feel. Smooth on the road. White lettering on black frame looks great!

I worry about the frame, not breaking, but being bumped, stressed etc since it is so light. But, more than 6 months later and 4000 miles, all is well.

A fast, stable and attractive frame that while being one of the very lightest frames made receives essentially very little coverage in the popular bike press. This is a 2008 R1 frame

Similar Products Used: Litespeed Classic (S&S coupled), Giant TCR, (backup bikes to the R-1)
Jerry Fox   Recreational Rider [Mar 04, 2009]

wkrajewski   Road Racer [Sep 12, 2008]
Strength:

Excellent riding characteristics, Very light (size L weight 5.7kg, 12.5lbs), yet stiff. SRAM Red rules!!! (I cannot wait until new Dura-Ace is available to compare)

You really have to be quite carefull with it because this frame looks so fragile.
M5 brakes are disputable in terms of their look, but they perform very well. However cleaning them is a nightmare. Also the question where I will buy spare chainrings for the VumaQuad crankset still remains without answer...

This bike was built on my own using multiple sources to choose the best and most wanted equipment and not to spend a fortune on it. I am very glad I succeded in the process and now I have a bike I've dreamt about. Of course you can argue about the selection of components or their aestetics/design, however, Scott addict frame is one of its kind with such a low weight.

Similar Products Used: not personally but just something that migth be comparable in my opinion: BMC SLC-01, Cannondale SuperSix, Cervelo SLC-SL
Glenn Town   Road Racer [Jul 14, 2008]
Strength:

It got leaner, lighter due to the fork and slimmer downtube. Finally got a replacable rear hanger! Has a 5 year warrantee, so no worries for a very long time.

The seat clamp is a boat anchor! Why go to steel when the bike has none elsewhere. As noted by others, the front derailleur hanger is a little flexy.

I rode a CR1 for about 2 or 3 years, then bent the rear hanger beyond repair. I upgraded the crash replacement to the 2008 Addict. This bike addresses all the shortcomings of the CR1 and more!

Similar Products Used: Ridden most of the high end bikes.
ridgwat1   Recreational Rider [Jun 23, 2008]
Strength:

This bike is a rocket. The frame geometry and weight is exactly right. The Fizzik saddle is great. Bars, headstem, forks are all good. Mavic ES Ksyrium rims are excellent.

The force groupo is average. Not as smooth as Dura Ace. Hutchy tires that come with the bike are to soft for long rides.

This is the 2008 model.
Great bike to ride BUT may have problems. This bike climbs like a mountain goat, descends like no other bike I've ridden and is a delight to push hard. It feels great, absorbing road chatter and hugging corners...However, I was riding along the Esplanade on a Sunday morning cruise, taking it easy, and there was a loud cracking noise. Now, I weigh 85kgs and am a heavy rider but this frame should be able to handle my weight.. Another posting at this site has had the same problem.. On closer inspection, I found a hairline fracture at the base of the seat tube below the front deraileur.. My LBS is checking on warranty arrangements with the supplier who will want to inspect the frame I'm sure.. I'm glad I've got more than one bike!

Similar Products Used: Trek madone (Dura Ace) , custom built steel bike (105 groupo). Cannondale tourer.
addictedr3   Road Racer [Jun 14, 2008]
Strength:

stiff, great for climbing and what ever you give it

the bike is more then i will ever need. only a pro would be able to put this bike to the full test

well first off mine is a 2008.
the bike rides and preforms great. it is very stiff climbs great and when you put the power to it,it goes. long rides it is a bit stiff but its a small price to pay for the outstanding performance of the bike. but be aware this bike loves to dive into turns... i love it

Similar Products Used: scott cr1, scott speedster s40/s50
simonsky   Road Racer [Apr 13, 2008]
Strength:

Light, stiff, handles very well

Potential durability issues for heavier riders...but I've looked far and wider and I seem to be the only person to experience this kind of failure

First, I must say that this has been a fantastic bike to ride/race. It does just about everything well.
There might be a caveat on re the durability of the frame for heavier riders. I am writing this review shortly after cracking my Addict R3 just below the front deraileur hanger. In fairness I am a reasonably heavy (80kg) sprinter type with a bit of a kick. I do remember a loud cracking sound on acceleration at one stage, but I rode the bike for a couple of races before I could find the crack.
I was skeptical about the durability of such a light frame from the outset, but it (or at least the CR1) performs very well in stress testing. I wouldn't write this frame off just yet. This may well prove to just be a 'one off' problem and a dud frame. Will see how long the warranty replacement lasts.