Specialized Allez Elite Double Road Bike

• Specialized Pavé II FACT carbon seat post with Zertz insert
  • Higher-quality, more comfortable Body Geometry Avatar Gel saddle

• User Reviews (41)

Ezana Kebede   [Oct 01, 2012]
    Strength:

I have had this Allez Elite 2010 for two summer now. My first road bicycle and enjoyed every bit of it. The gear shifts with no problem and do accelerate with no issue.

The sit could be hard and need to get used to after a long ride. But I guess this part of riding a bike.

Purchased my bike for $1250 at Cycle Life, in Washington D.C. A much better bicycle than the Fuji from Performance. This an excellent bike for a beginner.

Calvin C.   Recreational Rider [Feb 14, 2011]
    Strength:

Mine came with solid 105 components, great stock saddle, the double crankset worked wonders.

No places for panniers (which most people don't need for this bike anyway).

Great bike! I used my Allez Elite Double on two trans-am trips, and I have no complaints. This isn't a traditional touring bike, I went on supported trips, but I enjoyed riding every minute on it. The double crankset was enough for me to cross the mountains twice. If you're looking for a fun bike to ride regularly with groups, or do some racing, I think it's a great and dependable bike. I can't recommend it enough.

Similar Products Used: n/a
    Stu_the_weak   Recreational Rider [Jan 27, 2010]
    Strength:

Realiable as gravity. Solid as a rock. Sure footed as a mountain goat.

Brakes are weak, but if you are like me...just don't use them.

Been riding her up and down hills in the Ozarks (Arkansas). The double takes some getting use to for someone who lost his virginity on a triple. Though after you get the feel of her you can stand up on the big wheel (53 teeth) and she sails up any hill. I'd wager you can't buy a better bike at twice the price...please someone prove me wrong. Mechanics are flawless (105) and never need anything but minor lube and adjustment every 6 months.

Similar Products Used: Only a Trek 400 which is old skool in comparison.
    tav1   Recreational Rider [Aug 18, 2009]
    Strength:

Smooth, comfortable

Seat may be a little firm but not bad really.

Purchased 2010 Allez Elite recently and am very pleasantly surprised at how great a bike this. Nimble, comfortable, smooth, couldn't ask for much more. Strongly recommended. If you live near Seattle, Bicycles West in Tukwilla is a good place to buy your bike.

Similar Products Used: Fuji Roubaix Pro
    mdaugherty   Road Racer [Jul 16, 2008]
    Strength:

Frame and the baseline component set of Shimano 105, even though I upgraded the rear derailleur.

Came with a Sugino crankset that had issues with getting torque settings. LBS work with Specialized and replaced it with better FSA crankset.

Solid bike for the money. I did upgrade the rear derailleur, brakes and wheels. I like the feel of the frame and the carbon fork and seatpost dampen the road noise. This is a solid ride that I enjoy each and every time I ride. I have owned the bike for one and a half years now and have put 6000 miles on it.

Similar Products Used: Trek 2200.
    Gater   Recreational Rider [May 31, 2008]
    Strength:

Shimano 105's front & back are outstanding, light weight and great features for price.

generic brakes may need an upgrade soon

Awesome bike. Shimano 105 front & rear deraileurs are great. Light weight, especially for the price. This is my first road bike, and have been riding it for over a year...this bike will last me for many years.
    Have read many complaints about ALX wheels, but have experienced no problems as of yet.

Similar Products Used: test rode cannondale, trek
    Patrick   Road Racer [Apr 29, 2008]
    Strength:

responsive, handles well, climbs with the best of em'

brakes

2008 model just purchased, very happy with zerts dampening system, very responsive. bike rips.

cyclejunkie   Recreational Rider [Apr 22, 2008]
    Strength:

Carbon in all the right places, geometry that matches the muscles when you want to go fast. Rear deraillers and Tiagra work good on this set up

Brakes, and front derailler-it could surely use a 105 on the front, which will be my first upgrade. Brakes are adequate.

A very nice ride. Definitely a GO FAST bike. The Allez is stiff, and makes the motor shake in the mounts when your on the flats with the wind to your seat. The carbon seat stays and fork eat the chip rock vibrations, and on paved roads, it is as smooth as silk.

Similar Products Used: Giant OCR 2, Trek Pilot 2.1, last bike is a Specialize Sequoia
    Mike   Recreational Rider [Apr 20, 2008]
    Strength:

Climbing, and making you shake the motor in the mounts on flats with wind to your rear. This bike will go!

Tiagra components-Wish they were Ultegra with a 105 or better front derailler

Nice ride for the $$$. I test rode Giant OCR 2 and Specialized Rubaix. I love the geometry-no doubt this is a "GO FAST" bike. The carbon fork and seat stays take the rattle out of the chipped rock roads I ride most often, and put the bike on pavement and it really is smooth. The only thing I am looking at replacing is the Tiagra components of the bike. Not nearly as responsive as the Ultegra on the Rubaix. Great balance between being fast and being comfortable. Well worth a test ride