Specialized Allez Pro Road Bike

• Lighter Shimano Dura-Ace crankset
  • Super light Dura-Ace wheelset

• User Reviews (10)

lynnpoker   Recreational Rider [Aug 11, 2009]
    Strength:

Stiff, responsive, nimble, the carbon fork and seat stays as well as post help absorb road vibaration well.

none that I can find

Upgrade from a 04 allez and what an upgrade it has been. For those looking to build up a reasonable frame and are having trouble wrapping your arms around a full carbon set up, this is a solid choice.

David   Recreational Rider [Feb 09, 2008]
    Strength:

speed forward
    great, precise handling
    great service shop> Go Specialized

goes too fast downhill, if I angle the wedge shaped handlebars, I could probably achieve lift off, front end very light

Wickedly fast, dont know how to describe a better bike, except maybe the new tarmacs,
    At quite a bit more$$$
    Very very happy with total dura ace, silky smooth, reliable, effortless

Similar Products Used: Trek, cannondale
    Joe   Recreational Rider [Jan 13, 2008]
    Strength:

very nimble and is very plush.

This bike is fast and light! The vibration damping technology makes a road more comfortable! The aero cut out makes it more aerodynamic.

Similar Products Used: TREK 2100
    SteveB8922   Recreational Rider [Oct 10, 2005]
    Strength:

Responds quickly and thoroughly.

Great ride. Very responsive, specially in cornering. Light, fun and fast.

Nando26   Road Racer [Feb 19, 2005]
    Strength:

Light, Stiff, and just loves to play. Frame was at a great price, too.

None that I know of. My local shop took care of any known problems reported by others concerning the headset.

The Allez Pro is the sweetest ride I've ever owned. It handles turns, hills, and is flat out fast. This bike begs for me to go faster downhill and loves hugging corners on crit's.

Similar Products Used: Trek 2100, Trek 2300, GT ZR 3.0
    sdecarlo74   Road Racer [Oct 28, 2004]
    Strength:

Great bike. Light, stiff, fast, absolutely great deal with excellent quality/price ratio. For the aggressive rider, good also for beginners.

I had some already reported problems with the headset. It got loose 3-4 times, then stabilized and now it's ok.

I have been using a Specialized Allez Elite Cro-Mo for some months. After a special event I decided to upgrade with the Allez Pro E5 SLX frame, the Roubaix Pro c3-carbon fork with the VDS (Zerts inserts). The ALX330 wheelset is completely satisfactory for me, despite some crazy BS rumors I heard about it. I have been riding more than 1000 miles so fare and the wheelset is great. Even resisted a frontal impact in accident (the "event" here above ;-).

Similar Products Used: Can R600 (friend), Cross G-Fisher, old Specialized other models, Cilo
    fatchance   Recreational Rider [Oct 13, 2004]
    Strength:

full dura-ace, all carbon fork, frame

sharp handling with a comfortable and fast ride. i upgraded to ksyrium sl2 wheels, a lighter FSA OS115 stem, and a Fizik Aliante saddle. you have to pay attention on this bike because the handling is so sharp. a good value too. you won't see many bikes with full dura-ace for less than $3000. it looks good too. you could shed a little weight by changing seat post, stem, and ditching the gel stuff on the bar. Although, i like the gel myself.

Similar Products Used: 2004 allez comp
    Questo   Triathlete [Aug 18, 2004]
    Strength:

Rigidity, responsiveness, versatility, weight, price

I have been having the same headset problem that an above reviewer has mentioned. As with his case, it could be my doing.

I built up a bike from scratch using the Allez Pro frame and a mix of components, and I absolutely love it. For training, I use it with traditional bars, seat position, etc., and it's a pleasure to ride. For racing (duathlons), I clip on a pair of Syntace C-2s and the bike goes screamingly fast. I'm impressed with how versatile and responsive the bike is, and I don't think I'll stray from Specialized for the foreseeable future. One note, though: The bike feels taut, like a true racing frame, and may not be great for a beginning or less agressive rider.

Similar Products Used: Trek 5200, Seven, Orbea, Litespeed
    goldsbar   Recreational Rider [Jul 07, 2004]
    Strength:

Light and stiff without harshness. Good value since you get Dura Ace (can a bike this expensive be a good value??)

Trouble keeping the headset tight. I do my own work so this may be operator error. Dura Ace - don't see what the big deal is. Light but doesn't work any better than my 10 yr old 105 series. Ghost shifts if not in tune - 10 speeds = little margin for error.

Lightness of aluminum combined with a surprisingly great ride. Great climber, stable descender, confident cornerer. You can use this bike for almost anything - crits, road races, club rides, etc. I don't race anymore, but I participate in fast club rides and this bike loves a good hard ride. As far as ride comfort goes, I've spend 12.5 hrs on this bike (200 mile ride w/ a fair amount of climbing). I was dead at the end, but it wasn't the bikes fault! Aluminum can have a good ride. Remove any thoughts of old C'dales from your mind.

jclay07   Recreational Rider [Jun 09, 2004]
    Strength:

The Dura ace if a steel on a bike at this price. All carbon fork, and Pave seat post are a dream to ride!

Not really happy with the elite wheels that it came with. Anything with Dura ace should have the SSC SL wheels so I traded them out before I even got it out of the box! The Specailized adjustable stem is a little goofy but it does help you figure out what you need for angle and size.

Not really a rec. rider just dont race anymore! The Allez pro meets all of my needs. Light, stiff, long, and comfy. Never thought that I would have an all alloy frame with this smooth of a ride. It is a dream to ride all day.