Specialized Roubaix Pro Road Bike

Specialized Roubaix Pro Road Bike

• Specialized FACT 7r carbon frame with compact race geometry and Zertz seatstay inserts
  • Specialized FACT carbon fork with vibration damping Zertz inserts
  • Super light Dura-Ace wheelset

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 21, 2013]
    ezliven

Strength:

Comfort
    Handling
    Reliablity

None I've found

After years of Mtn. biking some of my riding buddies also road biked so I decided to give road biking a try. I did a lot of research on road bikes and tested several different bikes. My budies were riding Tarmacs and considered one myself but just really didn't like the feel of the Tarmac. Seemed to lean to far forward, especially having rode cross country mtn. bikes for so long. After reading Roubaix reviews I test rode myself and really liked the feel and was smoother than the Tarmacs I had tried, so I bought it. I've really enjoyed this bike and rarely mtn. bike anymore. It is that enjoyable. A lot of the guys I ride with complain of back pain on long rides but I have never had any back problems on the Roubaix. The more upright positioning and zert inserts is probably the reason. We normally ride 2 or 3 times during the week, 30 to 40 miles each ride and on the weekend usually ride 50 to 70 miles each with a few centuries in the mix. We are usually looking for hills to climb and have sprints at different points during the ride and at the end. So, what I'm saying is the bike is really tough with very little flex that I can feel. I've ridden over 12,000 miles the last two years and not had any problems. Just routine maintenance and change tires. I'de say anyone looking for a tough bike and a comfortable ride would really like this bike.

[Mar 11, 2013]
    mreding

Strength:

Great responsive, light weight comfortable all day machine

None if used for its intended purpose

I've been buying and riding Specialized bikes since 1984. I still ride an old Expedition (touring model comparable to a Trek 720) that handles like a dream and hauls a load. But the Roubaix Pro (mine is a 2011 frameset) is a sweet ride. I got it as a warranty exchange. It is smooth as silk over bumps and descends like it is on rails. To ride it is to love it.

[Mar 15, 2011]
    ras

Strength:

stable-handling, comfortable ride

prize ultraquick handling

This is my 3rd road bike; started riding 5 years ago with an Aluminum bike, all DuraAce. The Roubaix has been an upgrade in every facet. I completed the Shiner Ride feeling fresh and ready to go for more. The price is quite high for this but you will be amazed when you ride it. It is not only a bike for me, it is a frind now! I take care of it more than my car!
    I actually found and bought it here:

[Sep 12, 2010]
    Richman909

Strength:

Comfort
    Super Bike Handeling
    Perfect Kermesse bike
    the Frameset lasts and lasts

No weakenesses for me but I'll list some that other people can view as weakenesses

headtube is too long
    not light compared to other carbon road framesets
    not aerodynamic
    wheel base is too long
    not as stiff compared to other road bikes

This bike is da bomb! I'd say it's the best handling bike I have ever owned! After 70 miles of riding on the bike I feel like I can ride 70 more! The frameset is not that light. I'd say it's the best carbon road bike I've ever owned. I'm usually rough when it comes down to rating bikes but this bike is would be an easy 5/5. the weakenesses that other people see on this bike aren't weakenesses for me.

Giant TCR Advanced, Specialized Tarmac, Giant TCX, Specialzed Tricross, Giant TCR Omnium, Giant TCR alloy, fuji track pro, Giant tcr composite, giant ocr composite

[Sep 09, 2010]
    Maiaibing

Strength:

Stiff enough to respond to power and yet flexible enough to be a comfy (for a road racer).

None so far - but have only had it for a short time.

This is a 2010 model review. I am a oldie coming back to road racing after years of mountain biking. Got a tester to make sure it was the right bike for me. Great comfortable ride. I use it with a Dura-Ace set-up and compact gears. Stiff frame but the Zertz inlays lend it a little flex and I never felt uncomfortable even during the first days. Geometry raises you up a little higher than on the Tarmac. Took it for a small mountain climb (1.000m) last weekend and it climbed happily all the way. I was amazed at how well I could keep up my speed - frankly few were faster that day - however, with a compact you really need to plan your gear train carefully. Carbon frame feels good and handling was solid both climbing and racing downhill. Wheels are sturdy but seem a little suspect and I am considering having a set of wind cutters in stead.

Olmo (it was hot back then!)

[Dec 01, 2009]
    bwillia

Strength:

This bike really does offer a superior ride over the Tarmac, and most bikes for that matter. The frame is still very stiff laterally and responsive though.

Skip the stock wheels and house brand components and build it your way.

This is an 09 not 07. Road Bike Review needs to get a clue about that bug in the program! Researched and rode many bikes before purchasing this one. After a lengthy test ride I was hooked. At 48 years old I wasn't looking for a stiff race bike. I wanted speed and stability in an all day comfort bike and this is IT! Just a phenomenal ride! This bike is also a work of art.

Rode a Serotta Classique Ti for ten years

[Oct 26, 2009]
    stevec108

Strength:

Smooth shifting, very predictable and stable handling and light weight.

None, so far!

Apparently, I cannot enter the correct year of my new ride- '09 Roubaix Pro. Just purchased it from Ruby Canyon Cycels in Grand Junction (give them a try- they're great folks and now my home shop!) and feel I got a great price for the year and mileage (200 miles) on the bike. It's a stock Roubaix Pro with SRAM Rival gruppo and I aboslutely love this bike. Road a Specialized Sequoia Elite Triple for the past 3 years and am now ready to graduate to a more sophisticated ride in the Roubaix Pro. It's very smooth, great shifting, very stable,predictable yet nimble and one cannot beat the light weight of full carbon.

No comparison to my former Sequoia Elite Triple.

[Oct 26, 2009]
    Steve

Strength:

Light weight, nimble but very stable ride, excellent shifting from the SRAM Rival gruppo.

None, so far!

Apparently I can't enter the correct model year of the bike, which is '09. Just purchased this bike last week and am absolutely in love with it. Very, very light, excellent performance from the SRAM Rival Gruppo, and very comfortable, responsive and STABLE ride! Wish I didn't have to move into my basement stationary trainer because of the onset of winter! I've ridden a Specialized Sequoia Elite Triple for the past 3 years, have loved that bike and am now ready, at 57-years-old, to graduate to a higher end ride. Hence, the Roubaix Pro and I'm not at all disappointed. Paid $2,200 for the bike, which I feel is a steal given the year and mileage (approximately 200 miles). Give Ruby Canyon Cycles, Grand Junction, a try- they're great people in there and now my home shop!

No other comparison at this point.

[Mar 14, 2009]
    pdainsworth

Strength:

Stiff, Super comfortable, Pretty light although weight doesn't bother me.

You're kidding right?!? I guess maybe somday the 1 3/8 lower headset bearing though I doubt it, highly doubt it.

2009 Roubaix Pro Frame & Fork. Stiffest bike I have owned and yet so comfortabe even over all the nasty chip seal and ugly roads out on the Olympic Peninsula. Responsive without having nervous handling. If you put your weight behind the seat on hard turns it handles just like my old giant and Cannondale.

2001 Gt ZR 3.0, 2003 Giant Tcr w/ Ultegra 9spd & Kysrium SL wheels, 2003 Cannondale R1000 w/ Ultegra 10spd & 7800 wheels, Surly Pacer w/ Ultegra 10spd & Chris King hubs w/ RR 1.1 Rims

[Nov 01, 2008]
    Kenneth Prowse

Strength:

Stiffness, frame tube diameter (huge), acceleration, and don't forget that awesome paint job and carbon weave. Looks great.

Not as smooth as '04.

I received this frame after my '04 frame got a crack in it. Specialized warrantied it with no questions asked. Got it in about 10 days. Big differences in the '09 frame. The '09 frame absolutely rocks. The tubes are massive: including the down tube, head tube and the chainstays. Also the bottom bracket area is huge. All this equates to a very stiff bike. You apply effort and this bike moves (fast). The '09 frame is not as smooth as the '04 was...but I'll sacrifice some comfort for the exponential increase in speed (especially on hills and flat out sprints). Also huge upgrade in paint and graphics. The carbon weave and clearcoat on this bike are absolutely spectacular. Very sexy. All in all a great bike.

'04 Roubaix Pro, Custom Meridian Steel Frame, Giant OCR