Specialized Ruby Expert Compact Womens Road Bike

• SRAM OG-1070 cassette, 10-speed 11-28t
  • 50x34T chainrings
  • Roval Echappee wheelset

Tzvia   Recreational Rider [Apr 12, 2009]
Strength:

It's smooth and fast. In 44cm the geometry is always a compromise- and I think Specialized did a good job of getting the feel right. While it feels stable, it is also light feeling and responds quickly.

Due to the small size, water bottles are a tight fit. I had to abandon my trusty Zefal HPX frame pump for a Topeak side mount pump to make room for the bottles. Not really the frames fault but the only weakness I could find.

It's the 2009 Model.
It was a crash-replacement and I chose the Expert frame over the Elite I had before. It is stiffer than the Elite and lighter. Being 5'2" makes it hard to find a bike that fits, but this Ruby in 44cm is a perfect fit. With 3T carbon bars and the Zerts inserts, road chatter buzz is reduced to a dull light thud. I can spend all day in the saddle and not feel beat up; and that means a lot to my 49 year old body. This bike wants to go fast and is a good blend of stable and responsive.

Similar Products Used: Previous bike was a Scapin SLX that I had for 20 years and the Ruby Elite that I had for 6 months before damaging it in a crash.
OVERALL
garden10670   Recreational Rider [Jul 28, 2008]
Strength:

weight; looks

none found

The Ruby exceeded my expectations in all categories. It looked elegant, rode smoothly, was light (probably allowed me to carry a few extra pounds!)

Every ride has been a pleasure.

OVERALL