Specialized Ruby Pro Womens Road Bike

• Specialized FACT monocoque carbon fork
  • SRAM OG-1070 cassette, 10-speed 11-28t
  • Specialized Pro Carbon crankset, integrated oversized design

Julie   Recreational Rider [Nov 14, 2008]

WSD works for me. I'm 5'5" and long legged. The shock absorbtion is a dream. She is plenty light and stiff enough to climb well and the compact makes it even less painful.
The controls are adjustable so the reach can be customized.

No motor ?

I had a very nice Klein Q Carbon Pro Team that I rode for several years but was bothered by upper back and neck pain after 15-20 miles. I had even rotated the handlebars a quarter turn which improved things but then the drops were unreachable. I always felt very nervous on fast downhills due to the stretched out position and feeling I was over the handlebars in order to reach the brakes.
I finally realized the bike was just too long in the top tube and decided to try a women's specific bike. I'm also in my late 50's and the idea of a more shock absorbing frame was appealing.
What a difference ! ! ! This bike fits me like a glove and I'm able to use a 100mm stem which makes it much better handling than the 70 I had on the Klein. All the back, neck pain is gone and the Zirk inserts in the 2009 frame make it feel SO smooth over typical road bumps.
The Ruby may not be quite as stiff as the Klein but it doesn't make me slower uphill by the odometer. I am definitely faster downhill due to more handling confidence on the shorter frame and the wonderful shock absorbtion.
I am VERY happy with the Ruby !