Specialized S-Works E5 Road Bike

Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Specialized Mondo Pro

[Jul 27, 2012]
Duke600

Strength:

Direct, responsive, light, stiff, comfortable, attractive, well finished, well manufactured

I am on my second frame as I managed to break the first coming back from the bike show. I also bought an S-Works Roubaix because of the break to this, but I had to find another one because it is just so good and this is the bike I choose to ride more often than not. It's a superb piece of engineering and I scour the sale sites regularly to buy more of them. I have never had an issue with the frame apart from cracking one and even with fairlyy robust 105 kit, as long as you choose good wheels (not expensive necessarily, but good), this frame is second to none. It's as light if not lighter than the majority of carbon frames but with good seatpost and good wheels, tracks perfectly, corners like it's on rails and is capable of being ridden all day every day if you are.

[Jun 06, 2012]
Azaman

Strength:

Super stiff, Lightweight, Good geometry, Very responsive

Couldn't find any...

I bought this frame second hand from a rider who is upgrading to a carbon frame. Bought it as a try out for an aluminum one as I am riding a steel Raleigh Record Sprint all the while. This is an incredible frame, I think I had made a good choice. The frame really delivers what I am looking for. It is a true racing machine... takes the corners at high speed like a dream, good acceleration rate on the sprint and makes climbing an effortless deal. I love this frame... very outstanding. »»-(¯`v´¯)-»

Raleigh Record Sprint (steel frame)

[Apr 25, 2011]
Tayler Bates

Strength:

Lightweight, Stiff, Smooth handleing at high speeds, Exceptional cornering ability, Snappy acceleration.

This bicycle is a welcomed upgrade from my previous SR steel frame. Handles much better and has better acceleration than my buddies carbon TREK. This bike is very stiff and takes the corners at high speeds like a dream. Takes potholes very smoothly with no sudden jolts.

[May 25, 2010]
Jagstar

Strength:

Light, quick and responsive yet comfortable for the long haul.

This bike is stiff, light and very responsive. It will hold a very aggressive line and sprint on demand. My 52cm fits me like an extension. Climbing is sweet and "almost" feels effortless. The bike has been maintenance-free and shows no signs of slowing down. I've ridden it in triathlons as well as three to four centuries per year, all with no complaints.

Specialized Tarmac Comp, Fuji Roubaix,

[Mar 20, 2010]
DeweyT

Strength:

Stiff without beating you up, bullet proof anodized aluminum frame, excellent handling and riding frame.

None that I can find.

Purchase price is for frame & fork.

All of these reviews are older so I thought I’d key a newer one. I purchased this 2004 S-Works E5 frame on eBay in decent shape but needing some work. I wet sanded the dings out of the fork and put a couple of coats of clear lacquer on it. I took a stiff brush and some degreaser and cleaned all the little nooks and crannies on the Anodized Silver frame followed by a coat of wax on the frame and fork. I also installed a new headset.

The bike was built up with Sram Force 2010, a 2007 Specialized Seat Post w/ Zert insert, FSA K-Force Light compact handlebars, 3T ARX Pro stem, Dura Ace WH7850 C24 CL wheels, Dura Ace pedals and Vittoria Corsa Evo tires.

All I can say is this is aluminum done the right way. I love this bike. It’s not harsh in any way. Acceleration, road feedback and tracking at speed are all excellent. This was meant to be a secondary bike but I end up riding it as much as my primary bike. (Cervelo RS with Sram Red and 3T Cockpit.) If you're looking to build a backup or even primary ride, you can't go wrong with this frame.

80 Cannondale R600 3.0 w/ Shimano 105SC
05 Specialized Tarmac Pro w/ DA 7800
07 Specialized Roubaix w/ Sram Rival
09 Specialized Tarmac Pro w/ DA 7800
09 Cervelo RS w/ Sram Red

[Sep 10, 2008]
josh

Strength:

stiff stiff stiff
great geometry

none found yet

Holy crap this bike is sick to ride one. As a bigger rider 5'11 190-195 I needed a stiff setup. This frame is exactly what I Needed. It jumps out like a bat outta hell as soon as I hit the pedal. no loss of power. good climbing and sprinting. handles like its on rails. i cant flex this frame. Had a Caad7 R5000 frame previously..doesnt even compare (flexy in the front end).

litespeed vortex
Cannondale Caad7 R5000

[May 17, 2007]
savezvous

Strength:

Fast and nimble at high speed. Light (57" race ready weighs 16.5 lbs). Solid and confidence inspiring.

Doesn't soak up all the bumps, but is still forgiving if you use the Specialized seat post and Toupe saddle (best saddle I've used) setup.

Fast, stiff, and supple. This bike corners really well at high speeds, and inspires quick acceleration out of the saddle.

Not as forgiving as a full carbon, but handles better than my buddy's Colnago at speed.

Masi, Colnago, other Specialized, Fetish, Felt

[Sep 14, 2006]
mciunci

Strength:

Light, stiff and fast

Proprietary headset. I have the silver ano frame and the lettering is starting to rub off.

I was looking for a frame to build up for a race bike. I found this frame on ebay amd got a nice deal. Built it up and I love this bike. The aluminum frame is not too harsh, I ride on some pretty bad roads, while not a smooth as my trek 5200 it's not too bad. This bike is fast and stiff, climbs like and champ as well.

Trek 5200

[Apr 17, 2006]
Al

Strength:

Super light size 54 = 16.3 lbs including Dura Ace pedals
Super comfortable
Geometry is excellent for fast sprints
Bottom bracket section will not squeek or flex like other all carbon frames
Extremely pretty!

None so far

This bike is incredible! It is confortable thanks to its Carbon top half and super stiff and responsive thanks to its aerotec aluminum bottom half. It is the best combination for the advanced rider.

Scott CR1 Sl, Cannondale Six-13 Pro2, Orbea Opal

[Jul 26, 2005]
IUbike

Strength:

Stiff, light, and above all really cheap for what you get. The anodized black finish is TOUGH! It will actually scratch soft stone/metal rather than hurt the frame.

The decals are like a transfer and rub off or can be washed off... kind of a bummer but not a super big deal.

Replaced an ill fitting Allez Comp that was a bit too large. The 56cm frame fit like a glove. The frame is stiff and a blast to ride. Nothing too jarring, if it is too rough on this, only a rubber bike would make it much smoother. Built it up with Ultegra 9 and K's, really light frame too, as well as a nice light fork.

Allez Comp