Specialized S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura-Ace Road Bike

S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura-Ace

With three consecutive victories at Paris-Roubaix, the S-Works Roubaix's smoother, faster combination of torsional rigidity and vertical compliance is proven superior in long, grueling races. Dura-Ace shifting for proven performance.

• Frame: S-Works Roubaix FACT 11r carbon
  • Fork: S-Works FACT carbon full monocoque w/ Zertz inserts
  • Handlebars: S-Works SL Carbon, shallow drop
  • Brake Levers: Shimano Dura-Ace STI, flight deck compatible
  • Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace, 10-speed, 11-28t
  • User Reviews (5)

STLmaster   Recreational Rider [Feb 12, 2015]
    Strength:

Very comfortable for it's stiffness.

A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

I purchased the pure white 2015 S-Works Roubaix (with the ghost S-Works decals) frame set (54CM) and absolutely love it! I've been riding an ancient Cannonade Six13 and I just turned 54, so I decided I needed to start riding something with a bit more relaxed ergos, but didn't want to sacrifice too much on the performance side -- this Roubaix fits the bill perfectly for me.

A lot of the reviews that I read while researching this bike led me to believe that there would be a dramatic improvement in the smoothness of it's ride, but I don't really notice it being THAT much better. What I do notice is that my power meter is telling me that this bike does a MUCH better job of getting the power to the rear wheel. My power output went up dramatically while the comfort level remained about the same... so that's a very good trade off in my book. The taller head tube does help relieve more stress on my neck, and I do like that a lot. This bike is much more stable than my Connondale, and I consider that a plus -- all these reviews that I read from these "experts" complaining about slow steering are just nit-picking. I prefer a stable ride over a twitchy ride any day -- I have zero problems negotiating hazards or maneuvering around knuckleheads on twitchy bikes.

I can't wait for Spring so that I can get out and do some competitive club rides on this thing!

MJCBH   [Apr 13, 2012]
    Strength:

Comfortable - smooth and compliant (is it the Zertz inserts??) yet stiff and responsive enough for me. Very stable on the descents

None so far, other than the price

I bought the frame used and used my own wheels (HED Jet 6 and Ardennes) so it was a bit cheaper to build. I race on this as well as ride long centuries and double centuries. This rides better than my prior Trek Madone/5200 and Orbea Orca. It's super comfortable and smooth yet I don't feel like there's any power wasted. I'm a small rider so I don't generate a lot of power though. Not as responsive as C-dale Super Six Evo but more comfortable.

2wheelerrideon   Road Racer [Dec 02, 2011]
    Strength:

light, stiff and rides great.

a bit pricey, but saved money by purchasing frame and building it up myself.

2012 model that I bought as a frameset then built it up with dura ace. Having been riding a madone sl for the last 4 years, this bike rides much better. It is crazy light and the zerts seem to lesson the harshness of the road.

Similar Products Used: 06 madone 5.9sl
    Rah   Recreational Rider [Jun 15, 2011]
    Strength:

Smooth, featherlight feeling

None so far

Drives as smooth as a feather, accellerates and climbs like hell, is simply a wonderful bike for long distance tours.

Similar Products Used: Colnago CX-1, Roubaix Pro SL
    Bike'em   Recreational Rider [Feb 13, 2011]
    Strength:

Dura-Ace, built in ports for the Di2 ready. Frame is super light and very compliant.

Dur-Ace wheels. As for me not a fan. They are nice and very comfortable, but I prefer the Mavic Ksyrium SL Premium

I recently purchased a 2011 Specialized Roubaix S-Works Project Black. Incredible bike. I have a 52 which weighed in just under 15 lbs without the pedals. Extremely comfortable ride for the long hauls.