Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL4 Road Bike

Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL4 Road Bike

Whether it's winning the Tour de France or a local crit, the next generation of Tarmac—the SL4—was born to race, with head-snapping acceleration and razor-sharp handling. The S-Works model features our lightest and stiffest frame ever, fast, precise Shimano Di2 electronic components, and Roval Fusée SLX wheels: no wonder it's the go-to bike for pros on HTC-Highroad.

[Mar 18, 2018]
ZMC888

Strength:

Stiff and competent. Fast.

Expensive. Not mind blowing.

Model Year:
2017
[Dec 05, 2016]
heidi habhegger

Strength:

Weight, design, color options, ride quality

none to speak of at this time.

I cannot say enough about how well this bike preformed on its first ride. it floated along effortlessly and seemed to accelerate on its own. i will provide a more detailed review in about 3 months.

2005 Specialized E5-Columbus S-works

[Feb 06, 2015]
Andrew

Strength:

I come from a very flexy 2012 Roubaix sl3 expert so obviously this bike ( I have the new rider first sl5 frame anyway) is a big improvement. The bike is very stiff and it's a breeze to bring up to speed. I was expecting Roval rims to be mor stiff but I can still feel some flex when putting down power. Also,like with most carbon rims,consider that you have 50% less stopping power over alu rims. Bike is amazingly comfortable,I don't my my Roubaix at all !

Roval wheels could be a bit more stiff,carbon rim braking is non existant.

An enjoyable race machine with a very predictable and easy handling.

[Oct 12, 2012]
tsupshaw

Strength:

stiffness, compliance, acceleration

net as pretty as an italian frame

Forget EPO, Growth Hormone, and Testosterone! Want to get some real time improvements in performance? Get a Specialized Tarmac and watch all your PRs appear every time you ride!

[Jul 16, 2012]
Hermank

Strength:

stiffness, comfort,responsiveness

too many logos

I weigh 210 pounds and do a 30 to 50km, balls-to-the-wall ride 6 days a week. I purchased this bike 6 weeks ago as my Colnago Extreme Power was too flexy and had serious brake rub when climbing. Not a problem with this bike. And I cannot believe how smooth it is, given its lateral stiffness. Centuries are a treat. The steering is fast but not twitchy, allowing for quick changes in direction with full confidence. My LBS (La Bicicletta in Toronto) recommended the Shimano crankset as it is stiffer than the Specialized. I also put Mavic Carbone Ultimates on it in place of the Rovals. But I feel like I should be sponsored by the manufacturer as the bike has well over 20 logos (S-works, Specialized, S). Much better climber than the Colnago and far, far faster. I have trimmed an astounding 3:12 off of a 49 minute rolling hill ride. The Colnago was like a mistress. Loved to clean and polish and look at it and all that. The S-works Tarmac is just a finely-tuned, virtuallv-perfect cold-blooded stage racer.

[Feb 22, 2012]
MartyL

Strength:

Stiffness, performance and weight.

Better than I could have imagined. A climbing bike that is still very comfortable, yet very responsive...like a BMW. Love the DA Di2's smooth and accurate shifting although not as responsive as its mechanical rivals. Sexy looks to boot.